The use of a contrast agent makes visible in the ventriculogram( picture) those areas where it is located and expands the possibilities of angiography.
What is an
Study using a catheter with a contrast medium, through which you can see the image of the body and draw conclusions about the violations in its structure and functioning. Usually ventriculography involves the radiograph of the heart.
The technique refers to the category of angiographic diagnosis with the recording of a study on a film or video disc. Among such methods of diagnosis is among the most important.
The specialist in the next video will describe in more detail what coronary ventriculography is:
To whom it is prescribed
The procedure is performed for patients if it is necessary to find out information about the state of the heart:
- determine the cardiac strength: the contractile capacity of the chambers, their volume;
- if there are defects of the septum,
- is determined by the localization of zo
nes in the ventricles, where the myocardium has impaired contractility as a result of a heart attack;
- valve system status.
Children of an early age( up to a year) undergo a procedure, if there are no contraindications, if necessary, diagnose the ventricles of the brain.
Why and how often it is necessary to do the procedure
The examination is used to diagnose heart problems:
OUR READERS RECOMMEND!
For prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, our readers advise the drug "NORMALIFE".This is a natural remedy that affects the cause of the disease, completely preventing the risk of getting a heart attack or stroke. NORMALIFE has no contraindications and begins to act within a few hours after its use. The effectiveness and safety of the drug has been repeatedly proven by clinical studies and long-term therapeutic experience.
The opinion of doctors. .. & gt; & gt;
- valve pathology,
- baffle defects,
- amyloidosis of the heart,
- deformation of the chambers in an aneurysm or as a consequence of ischemia,
- arterial obstruction,
- ascertaining of a heart attack,
- , heart failure,
- dilated cardiomyopathy,
- in brain examination determine possible abnormalitiesstructure and the presence of formations.
Sometimes, for completeness of the study or to test the effect of a new factor, ventriculography is repeated.
The study can be performed:
- in the heart cavity - if there is a need to diagnose,
- in the brain area - to clarify the diagnosis in children of the first year of life and newborns.
When diagnosing the heart procedures can be:
- right ventriculography - filling with a substance that has contrast properties, the right ventricle;
- left ventriculography - the same left ventricle.
- two projection procedure,
- one projection ventriculography.
Diagnosis with ventriculography is prescribed for such diseases:
- ischemia of the heart,
- heart defects associated with both acquired and congenital valve anomalies,
- cardiomyopathy dilated and hypertrophic,
- myocardial infarction,
- cardiosclerosis associated with postinfarction period.
In infants with suspicion of adverse processes in the ventricles of the brain, abnormal abnormalities in their structure also use this technique.
Contraindications for carrying out
Procedure is not prescribed if the patient has an allergic reaction to a contrast agent. Young children do not use this type of diagnosis for brain research if there are symptoms:
- brain edema,
- trunk lesions,
- liquorodynamic disorders.
ventriculography safe? Conducting a study may have such consequences:
- Embolism with air coming from a catheter, or with a thrombus. A situation may occur when a fragment separates from the clot and starts moving with the blood stream. Danger is created by the wall clots in the ventricles. In such a case, it is necessary to avoid touching it with a catheter or not to conduct this type of examination. When preparing the system for diagnosis, check that no air bubbles enter.
- Failures in the rhythm of the heart, ventricular extrasystoles may occur. This phenomenon can trigger contact of the ventricular wall catheters. Preventive measures: the flow of the solution makes a small speed, the catheter is tried to locate in the cavity closer to the middle. It happens that you have to use antiarrhythmic solutions.
- If the tip of the catheter turns out to be leaning against the wall of the ventricle, then it is possible that the solution will fall under the endocardium. Modern catheters have additional openings and a shape that this phenomenon does not threaten the patient, in more cases.
procedure The patient is given one recommendation related to the preparatory procedures for the procedure: it is necessary to come to the study without taking food so that the diagnostic event passed on an empty stomach.
On the eve of the study the patient is referred to an electrocardiogram and the delivery of tests. With the allergist the question of the presence or absence of allergic reactions to medications is being clarified.
How is the
session? Diagnosis is carried out in a special room. The catheter is inserted into a large vessel. Place for connecting the catheter is selected on the arm or groin.
After local disinfection of the skin and anesthesia, the catheter is inserted and promoted to the ventricle. The contrast composition is given and after a short period it enters the area of the heart under investigation. At the same time, the received picture is fixed to the information carrier.
Body reactions during research that can go away by themselves:
- feeling of heat in the body.
When the catheter is pulled out of the vessel, to avoid bleeding, the puncture site is clamped for a quarter of an hour. After this, apply a pressure bandage. After the procedure, the patient is under the supervision of a specialist for six hours.
How the procedure of ventriculography passes is described by this video:
Decoding of the results of
The cardiologist looks at the received pictures and, thanks to the contrast substance, well sees the answers to the questions posed:
- camera structures, possible anomalies in size or shape;
- other information needed to determine the condition of the heart.
The team of specialists in brain imaging receives answers to the tasks assigned to the diagnosis, whether there are abnormalities or diseases in the born child or not.
Average cost of
Depending on the diagnostic center, the price of radioisotope radionuclide ventriculography may differ markedly. The average cost is about 20,000 r.