Frequent urination in women is a common occurrence. It can be associated with any pathology or manifestation of a particular physiological condition. Frequent urge to urinate is indicated by the term "pollakiuria".
With such a delicate problem in the modern world, many women are confronted. The causes of frequent urination in women without pain can be very different, and therefore you do not need to compare your case with a friend's. This condition does not cause any particular inconvenience, so women are not always in a hurry to visit a doctor, which is a mistake.
In norm for a day a woman visits a toilet for a small need 10-13 times. If this number is much greater, then this is the first signal for concern. Especially should be alerted when urination is accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen.
In this article we will consider why there are frequent urge to urinate in women, the causes of this condition, as well as modern methods of diagnosis and treatment.
Are there any norms?
Each female body has its own norms, so it's impossible to say unequivocally how much each person should walk on a small daily basis. There are many factors. How much fluid you consume throughout the day, for as many hikes and increases or decreases the rate of urination.
Typically, if frequent urination is pathological, it is accompanied by one or more of the following symptoms:
- burning, pain, or itching in the urethra when the bladder is emptied;
- with a small amount of urine, excreted during urination( normal - 200-300 ml);
- if the frequency of urination disrupts the normal rhythm of life( creates discomfort at work or at night).
If you visit the toilet 10 times a day and 1-2 times at night, and also do not experience other unusual symptoms, then there is nothing to worry about.
Causes of frequent urination in women
Women often urinate without pain, often in situations that are associated with natural processes in the body. In particular, these are the factors:
- consuming a large amount of liquid;
- taking certain medications, such as diuretics;
- the use of infusions or herbal decoctions with a pronounced diuretic effect;
- of bearing a child;
- in the period of menopause;
- stressful situations or intense excitement;
- in elderly women.
Pathological abnormalities in the body of a woman can also cause frequent urge to urinate, which may be accompanied by pain, or may not:
- Diabetes mellitus. Symptoms of frequent urination in women without pain can appear with diabetes, when blood sugar remains high for a long time. Thirst, which occurs in this case, leads to the fact that a woman consumes a large amount of liquid, as a result of which she often and abundantly goes to the toilet "in a small way".
- Cystitis. Acute cystitis is characterized by frequent and painful urination, the appearance of an impurity of blood in the urine, pain in the bladder and perineum. These symptoms are also observed in the chronic form of the disease during periods of exacerbation. Most often, the pathogen is E. coli. The bacterium enters the bladder through the urethra, is attached to the walls of the bladder and begins to erode the mucous membrane.
- Pyelonephritis. Frequent urination and prolonged aching pain - symptoms of pyelonephritis. When exacerbation there is weakness, chills, nausea, a sharp increase in temperature. Pyelonephritis is treated for a long time. Anesthetics, antispasmodics, antibacterial therapy are prescribed. Dysfunction of pelvic neurological muscle .With neurological disorders, there are problems with innervation of the muscles responsible for bladder emptying, because of this, the frequency of urination changes.
- Urolithiasis. As the conglomerate of salts increases, painless frequent urination is gradually complicated by increasing pain.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels .Frequent urination causes problems with blood vessels and heart failure. The process is aggravated at night. Active activity during the day can lead to edema. They come off at night and are expressed in frequent urination. Medical measures are etiological in nature, they must compensate for heart failure.
- Gynecological diseases. One of the common pathologies that cause this symptom after 35 years is the started uterine myoma. It is a benign tumor that presses on the bladder. In younger girls, the cause of frequent urination may be STDs, as well as vaginitis of various etiologies, etc. Sometimes the problem becomes a consequence of the omission of the uterus.
- Chronic renal failure. It can develop due to some chronic ailments of excretory system. The most common cause is glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, urolithiasis, kidney amyloidosis, polycystosis and other developmental defects of this organ. One of the early manifestations of kidney failure is frequent nighttime urination, as well as increased urgency during the day. Spinal cord injuries .It is impossible to ignore the fact of any mechanical effect on the spine.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections .They lead to inflammation of the urethra, and her irritation provokes the appearance of frequent urge to urinate. Even banal thrush can lead to the need to visit the toilet more often than usual.
It is important to understand that without proper treatment for frequent urination in women, the symptoms of a possible disease can develop into a chronic form, and in the future affect negatively the reproductive system, or lead to severe consequences for all health.
How to treat frequent urination in women?
Speaking about the treatment of frequent urination in women can only be after the disease that caused it is detected. After all, the patterns of fighting various pathologies are significant, and sometimes even radically different.
Therefore, when frequent urge to urinate, then it is first necessary to exclude physiological causes of this phenomenon :
- a diet that is enriched with foods or drinks with a diuretic effect, abuse of coffee, alcoholic beverages;
- stressful situations;
- hypothermia of the body;
- taking certain medications, such as diuretics.
The main indications for going to the doctor are as follows:
- burning and rubbing in the process of urination;
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- general weakness in the body;
- delay or incontinence;
- discharge( bloody) from the genitals;
- lack of appetite.
Depending on the reason, after the examination, a woman can prescribe :
- antibiotic therapy;
- pre- and probiotics;
- hormonal preparations;
- pain relievers;
- physiotherapy, including UHF, iontophoresis, electrophoresis, inductothermy, etc.;
- exercise therapy, including Kegel exercises;
- herbal medicine.
Nevertheless, even frequent urination without pain, which worries for a long time, should not be ignored. Do not neglect your health, because only a timely trip to the doctor will help to find out the real causes of the problem and prescribe effective therapy.
To which doctor should
With rapid urination, you need to consult a therapist and undergo an initial examination: to pass blood and urine tests, to undergo ultrasound of the urinary tract. When kidney disease should be treated with a nephrologist, with the pathology of the bladder - the urologist. Diabetes( sugar and non-sugar) is treated by an endocrinologist.