This pathology, like arthritis of the foot joints, is very common among the population and represents a whole group of pathological conditions that unite the inflammatory lesions of the articulations of the anteroplegia, metatarsus and phalanges of the toes.
This disease causes great discomfort due to painful sensations and inflammation in the joints of the foot. Fighting with it is not easy, because often patients turn to a doctor when the disease does not let them live happily, that is, when it has already acquired a chronic form.
Therefore, every person, especially people after 35 years old, should know the causes of the onset of the disease, the symptoms of its manifestation, and also have the information whether it is possible to reduce the pain at home, when the arthritis of the toes has made itself felt.
Why arthritis of the foot arises, and what is it? Arthritis of the foot is a disease that causes changes in the synovial fluid and inflammatory processes in the joints. As
a result of arthritis, the amount of synovial fluid increases several times, so that tumors can form. As for the inflammatory process, it can be caused both by external infection in case of injury, and by internal exposure.
There are many reasons for provoking the development of the inflammatory process, however, most often this pathology affects the joints due to such factors:
- Gout. Because of this pathology, excretion of uric acid is disrupted?as well as the deposition of salts in the joints of
- . Rheumatoid arthritis. It is an autoimmune disease. Progresses after the human immunity begins to take the cells located in the cartilaginous tissue, for foreign.
- Osteoarthritis. Appears due to the onset of a secondary degenerative inflammatory process, in which the joint of the cartilage is destroyed.
- Reactive arthritis. As a rule, it is formed only after the transfer of any infectious diseases.
- Post-traumatic and infectious forms of arthritis. Occur after injury or infection.
Depending on the cause and severity of the symptoms of foot arthritis, a treatment regimen is determined.
Symptoms of foot arthritis
Typically, foot foot arthritis, regardless of the cause, has similar symptoms, but in each case, you can additionally reveal some of the characteristics that are inherent in a particular type of disease.
In this regard, a full diagnosis of arthritis should be engaged in a rheumatologist, as this requires a large list of additional diagnostic methods. Well, the patient at home has enough common signs to suspect the problem and seek medical help.
Therefore, we list the common symptoms of foot arthritis:
- pain when walking;
- swelling and increased local temperature in the area of the affected joint;
- limitation of normal mobility;
- deformation of the foot;
- general malaise.
Early signs of arthritis of the foot are associated with the accumulation of fluid in the joint cavity, resulting in damage to surrounding soft tissue. First, the fluid will be serous, with the attachment of infection or trauma, there may be accumulation of pus or blood.
Arthritis of the foot: photo
How arthritis of the fingers looks on the foot, we offer detailed photos to view.
Treatment of arthritis of the foot
In the case of arthritis of the foot, treatment is simply necessary and is directed primarily at reducing symptoms, eliminating inflammation and repairing damaged areas. That is why it is complex and consists of several components.
First of all, this drug treatment, which includes the following drugs:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - can reduce the intensity of pain, remove inflammation.
- Chondroprotectors - prevent the destruction of cartilage, and, at the same time, contribute to its recovery.
- Antibiotics - they are prescribed when determining the cause of infectious nature.
Auxiliary therapies include:
- puncture of the affected joint;
- therapeutic exercises;
- a diet rich in vitamin E
- special devices for orthopedic purposes;
- sanatorium treatment, mud treatment.
- operative methods of treatment.
The end result of a complex of therapeutic measures is always the restoration of the function of the diseased leg. Treatment of arthritis of the foot includes:
- elimination of the inflammatory process( general or local);
- a change in the immunological reactivity of the organism;
- restoration of the function of the foot joints;
- treatment of the underlying disease( if it is the cause of arthritis).
From medicines for arthritis use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs), chondroprotectors, antibiotics. NSAIDs( indomethacin, ibuprofen, salicylates) depress inflammation, and with it, fever, pain and swelling.
In various forms of foot arthritis, the administration of oral, parenteral and local forms of NSAIDs with anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects is indicated. When establishing the infectious nature of foot arthritis, antibiotics are prescribed.
As an addition, you can recommend some folk remedies, but we must remember that this is not a panacea and the use of only these means of harm, of course, will not bring, but can only trigger the disease.
- At home for the heating of joints use coniferous broths, applications from mustard plasters, compresses from crushed roots of horseradish, turnips and radishes.
- From pains in the joints prepare an ointment from honey and mummies. Take 100 grams of honey and 0.5 grams of mum, all mixed. Wraps are done at night, and also take the composition inside. So continue for 10 days with a break of three days. It will take 2-3 courses.
A diet for arthritis is most often needed for patients with gout. They need food that does not contain purines. These are cereals from whole grains( millet is especially good), vegetables( except for sorrel and rhubarb), fruit, greens. Categorically prohibited by-products, herring, smoked products, fat, sharp and seasoned cheeses, alcohol( it can provoke new bouts of gout).Diet in arthritis involves abundant drinking of good quality water and green tea.
Treatment of arthritis of the toes does not do without exercise therapy. At home, you can perform the following exercises:
- Taking a comfortable position, rhythmically and quickly squeeze and unclench your toes( at least 20 times).
- Grasp the foot with your hands, alternately bend and straighten your toes;perform stretching and circular movements with your fingers.
- Roll a ball or dumbbell on the floor for 5-10 minutes.
- Standing on small pebbles or peas, shift from foot to foot.
- Bend the back of the foot and bend back.
- Slowly rise to the toe and fall on the heels( 15-20 times).
Fizprotsedury( magnet, diadynamic, amplipulse, paraffin treatment) are conducted in conjunction with physical therapy. These measures are carried out only in the phase of remission( fading) of arthritis. At first, the load on the foot is minimal and is carried out only in the prone position. Then the difficulty of the exercises increases, and the patient is offered walking with characteristic rolls of foot from heel to toe and back.
In the arthritis of foot prevention is in such simple rules:
- to closely monitor the condition of the feet and use comfortable shoes;
- protect legs from various injuries and strains;
- until the end to treat chronic diseases;
- follow the body weight, where a special diet will help;
- pay attention to the condition of the kidneys;
- to conduct special therapeutic gymnastics;Do not smoke
However, the patient is recommended to regularly perform exercises of therapeutic gymnastics, reduce the burden on the joints of the foot, adjust the nutrition, and, with the permission of the attending physician, use certain methods of traditional medicine.
For the treatment of arthritis, the prognosis depends on the degree of neglect of the disease, as well as the correctness of the chosen course of treatment. If it was possible to start treatment in time, the prognosis is generally favorable. If the joints are very inflamed and serious deformity of the feet develops, then the treatment is very painful, it may not lead to the desired effect - there is a risk of lameness, disability of the gait and even disability.