An anti-inflammatory drug for external use, which has shown good effect for many years with problems of the musculoskeletal system and other diseases. Today we will consider the instructions for the use of gel, ointment and Dimexide solution, its price in the pharmacy, reviews and analogues.
Features of the preparation
Dimethyl sulfoxide is the main substance of the agent, it has some peculiarities. They gave drugs of this content a long life. The substance penetrates into the blood without difficulty through the skin, which has no damage. These properties allowed physicians and pharmacists to use it as a local medicine and transport that delivers other medicinal elements.
Some complex substances in combination with dimexide are able to penetrate into the skin with acceleration, while their properties remain unchanged:
Dimethyl sulfoxide proved to be an excellent solvent for many substances:
This video tells in detail about Dimexide:
The drug has an active substance - dimethylsulfoxide. The gel contains additional elements:
- propyl parahydroxybenzoate,
- methyl parahydroxybenzoate,
- purified water,
- carmellose sodium.
Dosage forms and prices
The drug is manufactured by manufacturers in two forms:
In this case:
- Solution is poured into bottles of dark glass with a dropper under the lid. Often there are bottles with a preparation of 50 ml and 100 ml. Last packaging costs about 50 rubles.
- gel is packed in aluminum tubes. One tube( 30 g) has a price in the pharmacy network of about 165 rubles.
Pharmacological action of Dimexide
The drug acts on a skin site where it was applied and is able to exert its influence:
- , inflammatory processes decrease,
- some local anesthesia occurs,
- destroys harmful bacteria.
Well penetrates through mucous membranes and skin. Makes the listed surfaces more permeable for getting other medicines.
- anesthetic on the skin area where the agent is applied;
- is fibrinolytic.
After the application of skin dressings or compresses to the skin with a remedy in just eight minutes, its presence in the blood can be detected. At least two hours later, the maximum content is detected.
The drug easily gets from the surface of the skin into the blood. It is brought out with exhaled air, and also the substance comes out with urine. After 30 hours after entering the body of dimexide, it is not detected in the blood.
About the indications and contraindications to the use of Dimexid this video will tell:
Specialists prescribe the use of dimexide to help with such problems:
- with bruises,
- inflammatory edema,
- rheumatoid arthritis,
- nodal erythema,
- of ankylosing spondylitis,
- deforming osteoarthritis,
- traumatic infiltrates.
On how to plant, and also what is the instruction for the use of Dimexide solution, read below.
Instruction for use
So, how to dilute dimexide for compresses? Dimexide in the form of an aqueous solution is used as compresses and tampons. The percentage of active ingredient( dimethylsulfoxide) in solutions is allowed within 30 ÷ 50. Application of the remedy for certain diseases:
- A compress for local anesthesia is done two or three times a day, using 100 ml of the drug. Compress is applied to a sore spot, capturing healthy areas along the edges.
- For diffuse streptodermia, it is recommended to make compresses with an active substance content of 40 ÷ 90%.The same composition is used for eczema.
- If the patient has a deep burn, the dressings are applied using a 30% solution of the agent.
- When treating patients with trophic ulcers, a solution of consistency 30 ÷ 50% is used.
- With pustular problems, the treatment solution is made with a dimexide content of 40%.
In pregnancy, the drug Dimexide for treatment is not prescribed. Also not used in medical courses for children.
The drug is prescribed with caution to elderly people. Dimexide is not recommended if the patient has one or more of these problems:
- , liver or kidney disorders,
- severe cardiovascular disease,
Side effects of
Dimexide causes negative reactions of the body in rare cases. In general, patients well tolerate treatment with this remedy.
Possible side effects:
- of erythema,
If a person is incompatible with the main active substance, then it is possible:
Before you insert the drug into your home medicine cabinet, you need to make a sample. To test the reaction of the body to the active substance, a small area of the skin is applied with a cotton swab. If the redness or itching does not appear after a few minutes, the test is passed with a positive result.
The drug quickly enters the bloodstream. The substance has a smell similar to garlic. Some people feel this smell on exhalation.
Interaction with other medications
Dimexide is a drug that affects the reaction associated with other drugs, so when it is prescribed the doctor should know what medications the patient is taking. In the complex treatment of rheumatoid arthritis or deforming osteoarthritis, it is permissible to prescribe simultaneously with nonsteroidal agents.
It is allowed to combine:
- with heparin in the treatment of thrombophlebitis,
- with external agents that have antimicrobial properties, for the treatment of furunculosis, scleroderma and other skin diseases.
- Combining dimexide with drugs for anesthesia makes the patient more sensitive to the latter drug.
- The agent has the property of delaying insulin in the body, as a result of which, at the time of joint use of drugs, the dose of insulin is lowered at the reception.
- Dimexide makes the effect of ethanol more pronounced.
Also, the drug has an effect that intensifies the manifestations of drugs:
- preparations digitalis,
- acetylsalicylic acid.
Users mostly respond well about the drug. They note its availability, reasonable cost and at the same time sufficient efficiency.
- Applied for various problems: with gynecological pains in the form of tampons;pain in the back, muscle inflammation during stretching - make compresses or bandages soaked in solution. Users state that edemas well disappear, inflammatory processes fade.
- Some users of Dimexide always have a remedy in their medicine chest. Part of people who shared their impressions of the drug, use it from acne on the face and in the form of masks on the scalp for good hair growth.
- Cases when the product causes an allergy are rare. Rashes on the skin, redness in the place of application serves as a signal to stop using the drug.
A lot of talk is about the usefulness of Dimexide for hair, as the well-known trichologist will tell you: