Indications for use
The agent is used in the treatment of infection:
- Respiratory system and ENT organs: sinusitis, pharyngitis, otitis media, tonsillitis, sinusitis, retropharyngeal abscess, tonsillitis, bronchitis with superinfection, pneumonia;
- Skin covers;
- Genitourinary system: pyelonephritis, vaginitis, cystitis, urethritis;
- Biliary tract: cholecystitis, cholangitis;
- Bone and connective tissue.
Parenterally, the drug is used to prevent infection after surgery.
Antibacterial agent is prohibited for use in such conditions:
- Development of kidney and liver failure;
- Hypersensitivity to antibiotics-penicillins;
- Development of mononucleosis of infectious genesis;
- Pathological formations in the red bone marrow.
Mechanism of action
Amoxicillin is a unique antibacterial drug. Penicillins lead to the death of pathogenic microbes by binding receptors to the surface of their cells. However, resistant bacteria appeared that destroy the antibiotic by means of beta-lactamase. The use of clavulanic acid leads to a decrease in the activity of the enzyme, which makes it possible to destroy even resistant strains of bacteria.
The drug leads to the death of most types of streptococci, echinococcus, listeria, brucella, bordetell, klebsiella, gardnerell, moraxell, salmonella, shigella. The maximum concentration of the drug is reached within 60 minutes. For Amoxiclav characterized by high speed and volume of distribution in such organs:
- of the sinuses;
- The middle ear.
Pharmacological properties and description of the drug Amoxiclav in our video:
Instruction for use
Drug is consumed during meals to minimize the risk of developing side effects. The dose is determined according to the clinical picture, the degree of sensitivity of pathogenic agents, the severity of the infectious process. The following dosages are recommended:
- Patients under 12 years of age - the drug is used in the form of a suspension three times a day. Single dosage for a child younger than two years of age - 62.5 mg. In children under 7 years of age - 125 mg. From the age of 7, 250 mg of Amoxiclav are used three times a day. Severe course may require doubling the dosage;
- Adults are recommended to use 250 mg three times a day;
- For parenteral administration, give 1.2 grams of medication three times a day. Multiplicity can be increased, but the daily dose should be less than 6 g;
- For preterm infants, use a dose of 30 mg / kg twice daily. The course of therapy - 2 weeks;
- For prophylaxis of postoperative infection, the drug is used parenterally for 1.2 g not more than 4 times a day.
Side Effects of
The drug is well tolerated, however, the following symptoms may occur:
- Allergies: urticaria, angioedema Quincke;
- On the part of the digestive organs: decreased appetite, increased salivation, vomiting, diarrhea, inflammation of the oral mucosa or intestines;
- Skin: rash, itching, exudative erythema, dermatitis, possibly the development of epidermal necrolysis;
- From the side of the red bone marrow: leukopenia, anemia, eosinophilia, thrombocytosis;
- From the side of the urinary organs: crystalluria, interstitial nephritis, blood in the urine;
- From the side of the central nervous system: agitation, dizziness, headaches, convulsions, development of aseptic meningitis, sleep disturbances;
- Candidiasis of the skin, mucous membrane of the mouth, intestines, vagina.
Exceeding the therapeutic dose does not result in death. The patient may show signs of digestive system disorders: flatulence, vomiting, diarrhea. Crystalluria develops, which causes kidney failure. In rare cases, convulsions occur.
Overdose therapy involves symptomatic treatment, hemodialysis.
Numerous studies have not revealed a negative effect on the fetus during pregnancy. But the medicine can lead to necrotizing enterocolitis in children. Therefore, Amoxiclav is prescribed in cases where the benefits to the woman's organism are higher than the risk for the fetus.
For more information on how to take Amoxiclav during pregnancy, see our video:
The agent should not be mixed with such solutions:
- Sodium bicarbonate;
- Based on lipids and proteins.
Taking Phenylbutazone, diuretics, Allopurinol leads to blockage of tubular secretion, increasing the level of antibiotic in the bloodstream. Antacids, aminoglycosides, laxatives lead to a decreased absorption of Amoxiclav. Antibiotics with bactericidal action have a synergistic effect, bacteriostatic - antagonistic.
Both injections and Amoksiklava tablets are marked by patients as an effective tool in the therapy of respiratory diseases. In some cases, all de mark some side effects in the form of diarrhea and disorders of the Lymphocyte, therefore it is common to combine the antibiotic with probiotics.
Prices for Amoxicraft
The cost varies from 110 to 250 rubles.
The following substitutes exist:
In the photo analogues of Amoxiclave
Affordable price differ:
The following synonymous drugs are distinguished: Augmentin, Klavocin, Moxiclav.
Leave conditions for
In order to buy a drug in a drugstore you will need a prescription from your doctor.
Store the medicine at a temperature below 25 ° C.The drug should be used within 24 months.