Various pathologies of the throat are very common. They are accompanied by pain and other symptoms. To avoid discomfort, you need to contact an otolaryngologist. The specialist will conduct detailed diagnostics and select effective medications.
Throat diseases - causes, symptoms
Acute, severe pain in the throat often occurs with angina, pharyngitis or laryngitis. Sometimes this symptom is present in viral infections.
The key causes of the ailment include the following:
- infection with bacterial microorganisms;
- low humidity;
- chemical damage - for example, cigarette smoke;
- consumes too cold substances.
Effective drugs for sore throat
Today, many effective drugs are known to be used to combat pain.
All funds are divided into several categories. Depending on the action, there are such substances:
- Antimicrobial agents. They contain antiseptics, which help cope with the pathogens of diseases. Also in such preparatio
ns may contain menthol, which has an analgesic and soothing effect. These substances are more often used for rinsing or irrigation.
- Phytotherapeutic medicines. These substances are usually used for inhalation. They help to reduce cough and pain in the throat.
- Combined substances. Such drugs have several effects at once - cope with microbes and calm the throat. They produce similar preparations in the form of pastilles, rinses and aerosols.
- Immunostimulants. These substances have a profound effect. They help strengthen the immune system. Thanks to this recovery comes much faster.
In addition, there are means for alleviating the condition of the patient. They include herbal medicines - in particular, romazulan. Also, doctors can prescribe synthetic drugs - furacilin, dioxin.
The effective substances include miramistin, chlorhexidine, strepsils. In severe pain syndrome, substances such as tartum verde and strepfen can be used.
Popular medicines for sore throat
Homeopathic remedies are gaining popularity and positive feedback about the treatment with such drugs. Such drugs are actively used for therapy, as they have a complex effect, they cope with pain, swelling and inflammation.
Due to homeopathy it is possible to disinfect mucous membranes, strengthen the immune system and cope with pain. One of the best drugs is isla-mint.
Watch a video with reviews about a variety of drugs for sore throat:
There are many effective home remedies that help solve the problem:
- Honey and lemon. So, the product of beekeeping stops the reproduction of bacteria and promotes softening of the mucosa. In this case, the lemon helps to cope with phlegm. To prepare a healthy drink, you need to add 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon to a glass of warm water.
- Salt water. This product should be used for rinses. Salt promotes cleansing from mucus and infections, whereas a warm liquid has a calming effect. To make a solution, 1 small spoon of salt must be dissolved in 250 ml of water. Rinse every 3 hours.
- Ginger. A couple of spoons of fresh ginger root should be poured with boiling water and left for a quarter of an hour. Take as needed.
- Garlic. This product perfectly cleanses the throat of mucus and copes with viruses. To solve these tasks, it is enough to chew periodically the garlic. If this causes discomfort, you need to pour the ground material with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Then add mint or parsley. Ready to use infusion for gargling throat and nasopharynx with a cold.
Photo-prescription of an effective preparation for the pain in the throat
hand-held funds Improve the condition by the following inexpensive means that are suitable for both children and adults, and they can be used during pregnancy:
- drink a lot - abundant drinking helps to avoid dehydration,make the secret less dense and calm the irritated throat;
- use a humidifier or a vessel with water - this will help moisten the air in the room;
- take a tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar, mix with a glass of warm water and take the medicine three times a day;
- use hot chicken broth - it will help saturate the body with vitamins.
To improve the condition, you need to use systemic drugs. They are appointed by the doctor depending on the causative agent of the disease. The main categories of medicines include the following:
- Antibiotics - are indicated for bacterial pathologies and angina. Most often appoint funds from the category of penicillins. Also, funds from the macrolide group can be used.
- Antiviral agents are indicated for pharyngitis or laryngitis of a viral nature.
- Antifungal agents - used in the fungal origin of pathology.
- Antihistamines - prescribed if the cause of the pain was allergies.
- Antipyretic and anti-inflammatory substances - help to cope with inflammation, pain and temperature.
Than to treat angina, see in our video:
Recommendations for use, what you need to know
Before using medicines, you should carefully read the instructions. Taking medications for the throat, you must follow these rules:
- Eat only after meals. After their use it is forbidden to drink and there are several hours. Otherwise, the effect will be incomplete.
- If dissolving tablets are used, they should not be swallowed or chewed. Such means should be kept in the mouth until completely dissolved.
- The use of drugs is most often required 3-4 times a day. The permissible volume is strictly forbidden to exceed, as this will cause side effects.
- If after several days of therapy the effect does not occur, it is worth consulting with a doctor. Most likely, the cause of the pain is a serious illness.
Pain sensations in the throat area are very common. To cope with the symptom, you need to conduct a thorough diagnosis and determine the causes of its appearance. To do this, you should contact the doctor who will choose the best medicine.