Urolithiasis - the presence of various types of calculi in the various parts of the kidneys, ureters and the bladder. A harbinger of such formations is sand in the kidneys, which can be detected in a patient of any age group.
Sand in the kidneys - what is it?
Often when ultrasound examination of the kidneys you can hear from the doctor the phrase "sand in the kidneys."This means that the expert has discovered a finely divided suspension, which is essentially a salt deposit. It is the content of the kidneys considered to be a forerunner of urolithiasis - sand is eventually formed into concretions. Sand in the kidneys can be detected both in childhood and in adults, and various factors can provoke this phenomenon.
The main cause of sand formation in the kidney is a metabolic disorder in the body. And this factor can be observed in patients with:
- thyroid diseases - hormones enter the body either in excess or in a limited amount, while the kidneys that can not normally
perform the filter function suffer;
- abnormalities in the development of the organs of the urinary system - they practically in each case are accompanied by the problem of a complete urinary output from the body, which provokes an increase in the acidity of urine;
- diagnosed with hypodynamia and obesity.
The above pathology can also lead to excessive consumption of salty, fatty and smoked food - a violation of the water-salt balance in the body leads to changes in the blood formula, which is reflected in the work of the kidneys.
An important role in the etiology of the phenomenon under consideration is played by the genetic predisposition - doctors start talking about it if the patient did not reveal other predisposing factors during the examination.
The reasons for the formation of sand in the kidneys:
Symptoms, clinical picture
The presence of sand in the kidneys is very difficult to determine, and even suspected - for a long time the state of human health does not change, there are no signs of any problem at all. Expressed symptoms occur only during the release of sand from the kidneys, when it begins to move along the ureter to the urethra. As a rule, at these moments a person experiences strong pulling pain in the lumbar region, it can irradiate in the groin, thigh and buttock, the lower abdomen.
In general, the symptoms of sand in the kidneys are variable and manifest in every patient in different ways:
- The process of urination is accompanied by pains, cuts and burning sensations directly in the urethra. Emptying the bladder is never complete, a visit to the toilet does not bring any relief. The urge to urinate becomes very frequent, and a visit to the toilet is ineffective.
- The pain is almost always one-sided and arises against the background of sand movement on the ureters - the sediment simply irritates the mucous membrane of the canal, which provokes strong pain sensations. Unambiguously characterize the pain is impossible - it is always variable and can be both acute / cutting, and pulling / constant.
- The urine varies. The patient himself may notice that the urine has become darker, or there are "fibers" of blood or pus. The last two factors are an unconditional reason for seeking qualified medical care, because they indicate a progressive inflammatory process. Blood in the urine against the background of its darkening can only mean that the sand, passing through the ureters and the urethra, injured their tender mucous membrane.
Separately it is necessary to allocate one atypical symptom of presence of sand in urine at children. It's about raising body temperature against all the above-described signs, whereas in men and women, even with the maximum intensity of symptoms, body temperature remains within normal limits.
For prevention of diseases and treatment of kidneys, our readers advise the Monastery collection of Father George. It consists of 16 useful medicinal herbs, which have an extremely high efficiency in the purification of the kidneys, in the treatment of kidney diseases, urinary tract diseases, as well as in the purification of the body as a whole. Read more »
Some patients( adults and children) complain of a constantly present feeling of nausea, they can form extensive swelling and increase blood pressure - these symptoms are associated, first of all, with the problem of excretion of urine from the body( there is no outflow of fluid).
Symptoms of kidney sand:
Diagnosis of this pathology can be diagnosed by examining the patient, which consists of ultrasound and radiographic examination, laboratory examination of blood and urine( general clinical tests).Informative procedures in this particular case are ultrasound and X-ray studies that will not only accurately establish the presence of sand in the kidneys, but also determine its amount.
How it goes from the body
Often the following happens: sand from the kidneys goes itself, along with the urine moving to the urethra and out. Such a process can trigger a diet that is accidentally observed, or rest on the seaside, change of drinking water and climate, even nervous stress - the body simply begins to work differently.
The release of sand from the body - the process is always spontaneous, but recognizable by pronounced signs:
- the patient has painful bouts in the lower back, when even a change of position does not bring relief;
- urge to urinate becomes more frequent, but often does not end there;
- at the time of direct urine release a steady burning sensation arises, many describe it as "boiling water poured into the bladder and it pours out from there";
- the excreted urine has a murky color.
Diagnosis of sand in the kidneys does not involve surgical intervention - with the right approach it is possible to get rid of sand and prevent the formation of new "portions", improving / stabilizing the work of the kidneys.
The pharmacological industry offers a number of drugs that can normalize and improve the process of excretion of urine from the kidneys, stop the progression of the inflammatory process and thus accelerate the excretion of sand from the kidneys, preventing its re-formation. These drugs include Cyston, Paul-Pal, Kanefron and others.
All the medicine is made on the basis of vegetable raw materials, therefore they are safe for general health even with prolonged use.
Note: even if there is 100% confidence in the presence of sand in the kidneys, you can not decide for yourself what to do, pick up medicines and even more so take them. Such appointments can be made only by a specialist after a full examination of the patient.
Even official medicine recommends to treat medicines equally with folk remedies - correctly selected herbal preparations will speed up the process of removing sand.
Mix in equal amounts of strawberry leaf, rose hips, birch leaves and flaxseed, chop and pour 500 ml of boiling water 2 tablespoons of the finished collection. This drink is brewed for 20 minutes, then it is taken 1/3 cup three times a day, regardless of food intake. Duration of admission is 30 days, during this time the kidneys restore their functional abilities and get rid of sand.
Take 1 tablespoon of raspberry leaf, herb bearberry and maize root, pour a liter of water and boil in a water bath for 30 minutes. In a cooled form, the broth is taken 100 ml three to four times a day, regardless of food intake. This collection expands the ureters, does not allow the development of the inflammatory process and accelerates the excretion of sand from the kidneys.
The correction of nutrition plays a huge role in removing sand from the kidneys. The attending physician will develop an individual diet for the patient.
General principles of nutrition correction against the background of diagnosed sand in the kidneys are:
- restriction in the use of salted, canned, smoked food;
- introduction to the menu of vegetable and dairy dishes;
- eating fresh fruit;
- restriction of the use of acidic products, including milk derivatives;
- rejection of alcohol and carbonated drinks.
If the patient has excess weight, then you need to adjust the nutrition, taking into account the need to get rid of excess kilograms.
Sand in the kidneys is not only painful and unpleasant, but also dangerous: it can be formed at any time into real stones( stones), and it is much harder to drive them out.
On the video about the treatment of kidney sand: