Romantic relationships between a man and a woman are often built not without the participation of alcohol. Champagne at dinner, a glass of wine in bed after the love of comfort very well relax and liberate the lovers. A couple in a fit of passion and under the influence of alcoholic vapors forgets about protection, and in the morning, as a rule, it's too late to think about safe sex. For the purpose of emergency protection from pregnancy, preparations of "emergency" contraception, to which Postinor can be attributed, were invented. But can you drink it after alcoholic drinks?
Postinor: contraceptive effectiveness
Failures in the prevention of unwanted conception occur quite often: a condom breaks, a woman forgets to drink an oral contraceptive or rape occurs. This can be the case with any lady and it is during the period when pregnancy is not included in her plans. In this case, hormonal drugs with an immediate contraceptive effect come to the rescue. Postinor is just such a remedy.
Postinor must be taken within three days of unprotected intercourse, at which conceiving may occur. First one tablet is consumed, and after 12 hours - the next.
The effectiveness of the drug is based on the prevention of ovulation in the event that the sexual act occurred before the egg leaves the ovary, as well as the effect of the hormone levonorgestrel on the uterine mucosa, preventing the probability of attaching a fertilized egg to the uterine wall. On the already implanted fetal egg, Postinor will not be affected.
Postinor should not be used as a regular contraceptive, in the case of an active sexual life, prefer more serious and less harmful methods of protection.
Unconditional contraindications to the use of Postinor are:
- adolescence up to 16 years;
- severe liver pathology;
- intolerance to tablet components.
Attention should be paid to the use of hormonal remedy for Crohn's disease, jaundice and lactation.
Postinor may cause dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, and menstrual irregularities.
OPINION OF SPECIALISTS!
"Is Alcoholism Cured? Yes! Use an effective home remedy. .. "
Read more. ..
Compatibility with alcohol
Often Postinor is used by a woman next morning after an alcoholic libation that accompanies a romantic evening. It is unlikely that a woman thinks about anything at this moment, except getting rid of unwanted pregnancy.
Are they compatible? Think about this:
- Levonorgestrel is metabolized by the liver, detoxification of alcohol is also produced by the liver. Such a load on the vital organ can serve as the beginning of the development of toxic necrosis of liver cells. No wonder the drug is banned for use with a pronounced deficiency of liver function.
- Not 100% protection from pregnancy. Postinor, despite the shock dose of the hormone, does not guarantee absolute protection from unwanted conception. Its effectiveness is only 95% and then in the case of taking the pill in the first day after sexual intercourse. Thus, pregnancy is very likely, and, as you know, the use of alcohol in the early stages of fetal development is fraught with anomalies of its development. Therefore, it is worth a thousand times to think before drinking alcohol after unprotected intercourse, even if there was postcoital protection.
- Probability of opening bleeding. A side effect of taking Postinor tablets is a sudden bleeding, which may well increase with the use of large portions of strong alcohol. This occurs as a result of the expansion of the vessels under the influence of ethanol, which is part of the alcoholic beverage. Do not exacerbate the negative effect of the strongest hormone on your body, allowing it to interact with alcohol.
- Ability to reject the drug as a result of a vomiting reflex. Nausea and vomiting after taking the pill is quite normal, Postinor contains a very serious portion of hormones, which leads to a similar result. Taking alcohol after a pill is drunk may increase vomiting, and the abortive effect of the drug will be greatly reduced. Is it worth it to risk so much because of the absurd desire to drink more and more?
To combine or not?
In general, there is no contraindication to such symbiosis - both the drug and alcohol can be interfered with, moreover, there is no exact answer to the question of how much and when to drink. However, no instruction can fully and fully ensure that a woman who drinks during a possible pregnancy will have a healthy baby.