The use of antibiotics to treat sore throats helps reduce symptoms and prevent complications. Thanks to these drugs, you can speed up recovery, but they should be prescribed only by a doctor.
Principle of action of
preparations This term means substances of different origin that suppress the development of pathogenic bacteria and lead to their death.
With the development of the bacterial etiology process, antibiotics are considered to be the main drugs that provide full recovery.
The principle of action of the funds is aimed at combating harmful microflora.
To obtain the desired result, the agent should be selected taking into account such principles:
- the drug must be bactericidal - to destroy microorganisms;
- the drug can not disintegrate under the action of bacterial enzymes;
- should be easily absorbed into tissues and blood;
- is important to maintain a therapeutic concentration of at least 8 hours per day;
- substance should be non-toxic to humans.
When to start antibiotic treatment, see in our video:
Do antibiotics for angina
Angina is considered a bacterial pathology, because it often has a complex course. It is very important to start therapy in time, which will help to ease the patient's condition and prevent dangerous complications.
For medicinal purposes, general drugs and local remedies are used. In this case, local treatment of angina can only exacerbate the condition, since a small concentration of active ingredients causes the bacteria to become accustomed. As a consequence, subsequent therapy becomes more complicated.
Antibiotics are needed at such signs:
- a noticeable plaque on the tonsils;
- absence of runny nose and cough;
- an increase in the cervical and submandibular lymph nodes;
- temperature, which lasts 1-2 days.
It is very important to use these medicines in a purulent process, because the penetration of infection into the bloodstream can cause complex diseases of the kidneys, heart and other organs.
On the photo visual signs of angina
There are a number of categories of antibiotics that can be used to control angina. Each of the groups has some peculiarities.
This term means preparations that differ in bacteriostatic action. They lead to the blocking of metabolic processes in proteins that are part of bacterial cells. This reduces the protection of microbes and there are problems with the transport of substances through the cell membranes. Such drugs are extremely effective in controlling streptococci.
Penicillins fall into a number of categories:
- Natural - for example, phenoxymethylpenicillin. Injected by injection.
- Inhibitor-protected - amoxicillin clavulonate, ampicillin sulbactam. In addition to the antibacterial substance, they contain clavulanic acid. Due to this, it is possible to prevent the decay of the main component.
- Semisynthetic - ampicillin, amoxicillin. Issued in the form of tablets and injections.
- The combined substances are ampiox.
These agents create complexes with sterols that form membranes. Thanks to this, the damage to these elements is achieved. This group includes substances such as azithromycin, clarithromycin.
These agents are bactericides that differ in betalactam activity. They act like penicillins, provoking a breakdown in the structure of microbial cells. There are a number of generations of such drugs:
- first - cephalexin;
- second - cefuroxime;
- the third is ceftriaxone;
- the fourth is cefepime.
For adults, doctors prescribe such medicines:
Popular drugs for adults
Features of admission during pregnancy
With angina in this period, effective antibiotics are required. Otherwise, the disease can cause dangerous complications. The use of new generation drugs does not pose a threat to women and children.
During pregnancy, the following substances are most often prescribed:
These substances can penetrate the placental barrier, but they do not pose a hazard to the child.
Authorized antibiotics for pregnancy:
When developing angina in a child, doctors usually prescribe penicillins, because they are the most active against streptococci. Most often, cheap drugs such as amoxiclav, penicillin or amoxicillin are prescribed.
So, amoxicillin is produced in various forms - capsules, spray, tablets or suspensions. Thanks to this, it is possible to select antibiotics for children of different ages.
Amoxiclav is one of the forms of amoxicillin. It contains clavulanic acid, which enhances the activity of the main ingredient.
Sometimes children are allergic to these drugs. In such cases, macrolides are used. These substances have low toxicity and help cope with a variety of microbes. The most popular drug in this group is erythromycin. Also, doctors often write out sumamed and similar substances.
Popular antibiotics approved for children
Recommendations and reviews of doctors
To obtain the desired result, a number of recommendations should be adhered to:
- The doctor should choose the antibiotic. Before the beginning of therapy take smears from the nose and throat.
- Incorrect treatment can cause allergies and dysbacteriosis. There is also a risk of resistance of microorganisms to the drug.
- Before the start of therapy, it is necessary to sow to identify the pathogen and assess its sensitivity to the drug. However, in practice, antibiotics are first prescribed, which have a wide spectrum of action.
- If you have a history of allergies to antibiotics, tell your doctor about it.
- The drug should be consumed 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after it.
- It is best to drink with water. Fruit juices are prohibited because they interfere with the assimilation of the medicine. Milk is also contraindicated, since calcium interacts with the drug and forms insoluble salts. This will create an obstacle in the way of medicine to the area of inflammation.
- You do not need to combine such medications with iron preparations. This is especially true for tetracyclines. This restriction is due to the formation of insoluble compounds that are not absorbed by the body.
- The dosage should be chosen by the doctor depending on the age and weight. Do not exceed the amount of the drug, otherwise there is a risk of intoxication of the body.
- The course of therapy is selected individually. Penicillins take 7-10 days. Macrolides must be treated for at least 5 days.
Dr. Komarovsky's comments on antibiotic treatment:
When the drug does not help
The main symptom of antibiotic effectiveness is a drop in temperature. If this indicator remains high and 2-3 days after the start of therapy, the agent needs to be changed.
For this, the doctor must identify the causative agent of the disease and its sensitivity to different substances. Otherwise, there is a risk to designate an ineffective agent.
It is also very important to ascertain the bacterial origin of the disease. Quite often even experienced doctors mistaken, taking a viral or fungal tonsillitis for a bacterial infection.
Treatment of sore throat without antibacterial drugs
Antibiotics for angina are not always required. In mild cases of the catarrhal form of the disease, which is not accompanied by an increase in temperature, rinsing and other therapies will suffice.
However, a specific decision should be made by the doctor after a detailed examination. If you do not assess the severity of the condition, there is a threat of dangerous consequences.
Possible consequences of
Such agents can cause undesirable consequences. These include the following symptoms:
- rashes on the skin;
- anaphylactic shock.
How to take antibiotics correctly, see in our video:
Such drugs do not reduce the duration of the pathology and do not affect its severity. However, they help reduce the pain syndrome as early as 3 days after the start of therapy. Such drugs are used to prevent complications and improve the prognosis.
Taking antibiotics helps to cope with sore throat at home and normalize a person's condition. However, it is very important to stick to all appointments. If there are undesirable consequences, it is necessary to change the drug.