Inflammation of the tonsils is often called angina or tonsillitis. By this term we mean acute damage to tonsils of an infectious origin. This condition is accompanied by pain of high intensity and requires medical attention.
Inflamed tonsils: physiology
Lymphoid tissues in the nasopharynx and oral cavity form almond-shaped glands. They are the basic element of the immune system and protect the body from bacteria and viruses that can penetrate the nasopharynx.
With the weakening of the immune system, the protective characteristics of the glands are inhibited, and the number of pathogenic microflora is increased. As a consequence, the inflammatory process develops, and the inflammation can be either bilateral, or separately from the right or left side.
In the picture signs of inflamed tonsils with angina
The main cause of inflammation is acute tonsillitis, which is also called angina. Her pathogens may be germs that affect the upper respiratory organs, suc
h as streptococci and staphylococci.
The following are the main factors provoking the appearance of the inflammatory process:
- contacts with infected people or household objects;
- inflammation in the nose and mouth, as well as nasal sinuses, this leads to caries, purulent sinusitis and other anomalies;
- harmful household and professional conditions.
There are certain factors that significantly increase the risk of inflammation of the tonsils:
- insufficient resistance of the body, weakening of the immune system, more often it causes the disease in the child;
- untimely and unbalanced food;
- genetic predisposition;
- adverse environmental conditions;
- traumatic injuries;
- sudden temperature fluctuations.
To the development of the inflammatory process leads to the entry of pathogenic microorganisms. The first symptoms appear after a few hours or days. These include:
- Pershenie, discomfort and sore throat. As the disease progresses, these manifestations increase, which leads to a violation of swallowing.
- Increased size and redness of the palatine or lingual tonsils, white coating on them.
- General malaise, which is characterized by an increase in temperature and manifestations of intoxication. These include general weakness, a sudden decline in performance, headaches.
To identify the pathology and assess its severity, you should consult your doctor. Diagnosis involves examining the oral cavity to determine the appearance of the tonsils. In addition, the doctor performs a survey to find out the clinical picture of the disease.
Inflamed tonsils with different throat diseases
To cope with the pathology, you should consult a specialist. The doctor will select the medicines and recommend the folk recipes that can be performed at home. In some cases, surgery is required, removal of tonsils.
For any form of inflammation, one should adhere to such recommendations:
- isolate the patient - allocate him a personal dish, a towel;
- to comply with bed rest - it helps to speed recovery and prevent complications;
- give an abundant drink - well suited teas, broths of chamomile, sage, dog rose;
- rinsing antiseptic solutions - for this purpose it is necessary to use lyugol, rivanol, furatsilin;
- inhalation - it is recommended to use a kalton, inhalipt.
How to treat inflammation of the tonsils, see in our video:
Most popular drugs and methods
Specialists usually prescribe antibiotics from the category of penicillins. Similar drugs are required for the development of follicular and lacunar angina. Sometimes they are used in the catarrhal form of the disease. This category includes such drugs as ampicillin, amoxicillin.
If a person has intolerance of these drugs, the doctor may prescribe doxycycline or cephalexin.
If the disease has a severe course or develops complications of the disease, antibiotics are prescribed as intramuscular injections. The course of therapy should be 7-10 days.
When antibiotics are intolerant or when they are not recommended, for example, during pregnancy, the doctor can prescribe antibacterial substances in the form of aerosols. They include the inhaliptus, hexaspree. You can also use tablets for resorption - for example, pharyngocept or strepsils.
In addition, it is recommended to gargle 3-4 times a day. This should be done after eating, using medicines - chlorophyllipt, furacilin. To ensure the support of immunity, necessarily use vitamin complexes.
In addition, an excellent option for therapy will be the use of warm tinctures for drinking. With inflammation of the tonsils, aloe vera juice, mixed in equal proportions with honey, works very well. It should be eaten 1 small spoon once a day. You can also make a kissel from raspberry, currant or elderberry.
Popular drugs for the treatment of throat diseases
Dangerous consequences of
If you do not start therapy, there is a threat of such complications:
- cardiac dysfunction;
- inflammation of the joints - there is a risk of developing rheumatoid arthrosis or arthritis;
- kidney pathology - glomerulonephritis or nephritis may appear;
- skin diseases - in particular, psoriasis and eczema.
To prevent the onset of the disease, you must adhere to a number of rules:
- Refuse from smoking, as nicotine adversely affects the blood supply to the mucous membranes of the throat and disturbs the respiratory protective mechanisms.
- Try to breathe through the nose, as the mucous membranes act as a protective filter. It is he who absorbs all the particles, including pathogenic microorganisms.
- Treat all pathologies and engage in strengthening the immune system.
How to cure a child's throat - Dr. Komarovsky's advice in our video:
If you start therapy in time, you can completely cope with tonsillitis. If this is not done, there is a threat of chronization of the process. This is fraught with a number of complications in the form of heart and joint diseases, inflammatory damage to the kidneys, nasal breathing.
Inflammation of the tonsils is considered quite a serious disorder, which can lead to negative consequences. To prevent this from happening, it is very important to call the doctor on time and follow his appointments.