Various hearing impairments significantly reduce the quality of life and can cause communicative problems. To cope with this problem, you should consult your doctor.
If the disease is not amenable to treatment, a specialist can recommend the use of special devices. Recently, digital hearing aids have become increasingly popular in terms of the number of positive responses.
Principle of operation
The structure of modern devices includes several components - amplifier, microphone and telephone. So, the microphone receives sounds that are later transformed into electric sounds.
These signals are sent to the amplifier. This component amplifies them and transmits them to the phone. In this part of the device, the signals are converted into sound vibrations.
Also in the digital apparatus has a microprocessor - it is he who processes sounds in a digital code. After that the device evaluates them and changes the characteristics taking into account the peculiarities of hearing. As a consequenc
e, the noise is eliminated, and speech and other important components of sounds acquire loudness, clarity and purity.
The photo scheme of the digital hearing aid
Advantages of the
digital devices Digital devices have a number of important advantages:
- The device has programmable noise reduction schemes. This allows you to clear information from foreign impurities. It is important to take into account that it is noise that impedes the understanding of speech, which negatively affects the overall result of hearing replacement.
- Digital feedback reduction can be achieved more efficiently by reducing the whistling of the device on the person's ear. Under the feedback, specialists understand the significant amplification of sound in the device - this means that the device, as it were, strengthens itself.
- Digital devices have different programs that are suitable for different acoustic situations. Modern devices switch programs automatically, independently determining the situation. Usually there are 2-4 listening programs( trimmer hearing aids) in the instrument.
- Some devices have directional microphones that follow the voice or sound, and then focus on it. This means that this component automatically responds to the sound source.
- Digital models have many parameters and control methods. This allows you to obtain high accuracy of the device.
Elements of digital hearing aid
At the same time, digital devices have several drawbacks, among which:
- high cost;
- impossibility of using intracanal models for patients with pathology of ENT organs;
- need to adjust.
All hearing aids can be divided into several categories:
- Pocket devices are most often used for elderly patients or people who have limited manual possibilities. Such devices are attached to the belt. They have large regulators, which provides convenience to users with impaired motor activity or functions of the organs of vision.
- BTE devices are located behind the ear and are complemented by a liner, which is made to order. Such devices are highly reliable and have miniature dimensions.
- In-the-ear instruments - they are inserted into the ear canal. Such apparatuses are made individually by a human auditory hole impression. They are invisible to others and are easy to use. However, they are not recommended for use in severe lesions of the hearing organ analyzer.
Depending on the power of the device is divided into the following categories:
- small power;
- average power;
- high power;
- heavy duty.
The photo shows types of modern digital hearing aids
How to choose
To properly select a device, you need to perform hearing diagnostics. To do this, it is recommended to consult a doctor. The specialist will inspect and evaluate the hearing parameters using a special device - an audiometer.
The doctor-audiologist should consider such parameters when choosing a device:
- Multichannel. If the device is of this quality, it is capable of adapting to the various frequencies that the patient has disorders. This means that as a result, the sounds will look natural. This ensures maximum comfort for a person.
- Number of microphones. The more these components, the better. With their help, it is possible to purify speech from extraneous impurities, since for each microphone a certain direction is characteristic.
- Number of software devices. The presence of several components makes it possible to improve the perception, because each of them is used for different characteristics of the hearing. Some help to isolate speech from the general flow of noise, others - perceive distant sounds.
- Ability to suppress noise. Thanks to this, speech becomes more clear and natural.
- Ability to eliminate the sound of your voice.
- Remote control capability. For this purpose, special consoles can be used.
- Inverse whistle intensity. This sound is generated during the operation of the device. Some devices have special components that help to remove this sound.
Watch the video where the hearing therapist gives advice on how to choose the device:
Digital hearing aids are a modern device that helps improve the perception of sound and significantly improve the quality of life of a person. To properly select the device, it is important to consult a surdologist. The specialist will recommend the device depending on the individual characteristics of the patient.