Severe hearing loss leads to the need for hearing aids. The doctor can give recommendations on the choice of this device. However, the patient should choose the concrete model, and not only rely on reviews. A fairly convenient and popular form of such devices are the in-the-ear hearing aids, which have many advantages.
Principle of operation of
Such devices are distinguished by convenience and ease of use. They are invisible to surrounding people. This is due to the individual shape of the earmold - it is made by casting inside the ear.
The shape and features of the body of the device depend on the size and depth of the ear canal. Such devices can function without changing the batteries for up to 10 days. Then you need to change the power supply. This type of hearing aids are most often chosen by young people, because they are not visible to others and allow you to lead an active lifestyle.
Digital devices are considered an innovative modern device that is used for various hearing impai
rments. They include several blocks:
- Microphone - its work is aimed at receiving and converting sounds into an electrical signal.
- Amplifier - responsible for receiving the microphone signal and transmitting to the receiver. At the same time, the signal grows and clears from extraneous sounds.
- Receiver is essentially a phone.
The installation is performed by a surgical procedure. The device is configured by hearing aids.
The photo shows the in-ear hearing aid of the "channel" type
Advantages of the in-house devices
This category of devices has a number of advantages:
- In-the-ear devices are convenient and simple to use.
- These include only one component - the in-ear insert in which the digital device is located.
- The shape of this device is selected individually for the impression of the ear. Because the device ensures a good fit of the liner to the shell of the ear. This increases the efficiency of the device.
- This type of hearing aid has a higher acoustic performance than BTE devices. The element that is responsible for the conversion of sound signals is located in the immediate vicinity of the membrane. This improves sound conduction and speech intelligibility.
- Due to the localization of the apparatus inside the ear, good acoustics are achieved, since there is a natural acoustics in the sink.
- Such devices can be used by people with severe impairment of hearing functions, can be used for hearing loss of 1-4 degrees.
The intra-facial apparatus also has certain drawbacks. For example, they can not be worn by patients who suffer from inflammatory lesions of the middle ear. In addition, there are the following disadvantages:
- The main drawback of using the in-the-ear device is the inability to use it for people with chronic ear pathologies. In this case, the accumulation of fluid takes place in the ear passage, which makes the use of such devices impossible.
- In-the-ear devices are not suitable for older people. In such patients, the motor skills of the fingers are often impaired. In this case, the device has a miniature size and needs special handling. This is not always possible for older people.
- Such devices are not suitable for too young children.
- Such devices are not very durable and have a fairly short lifespan. This is due to the conditions in which the devices operate. They are constantly in a humid environment. Due to their small size, they should work at maximum power to achieve a good effect.
- Such devices must often be returned to repair to regulate their operation. Because of their use is quite expensive.
- If placing the earwax device too deep in the ear, there is a risk of discomfort during eating. This process leads to movement inside the ears.
All devices of this type differ depending on the size:
- The biggest ones have maximum power and are used for complex hearing disorders. The device covers the auricle half or full, which makes it not very attractive from an aesthetic point of view.
- The smaller ones usually do not exceed the bounds of the tragus. Such devices have less power, but can be used for therapy of hearing loss of 3-4 degrees.
- The smallest, mini devices are completely placed in the ear. They are also called intracanal. Such devices are almost invisible to others.
Kinds of in-the-ear modern hearing aids
How to choose
To start choosing any device, you should visit a hearing therapist. The doctor first examines the ear canals and learns the medical history. In addition, he is interested in how often the device is planned to be used and under what circumstances. Sometimes additional surveys are required.
Based on the information received, the physician selects the device for physiological parameters and conditions of use. The audiologist should also take into account the financial characteristics.
An important condition for choosing is the implementation of a thorough diagnosis. Usually, according to its results, an audiogram is performed. They quickly become obsolete, because the material for a specialist can be a study that was conducted no earlier than 30 days ago.
According to the audiogram, doctors select digital devices with optimal power. This information is the basis for setting up the device in accordance with the patient's needs.
On the features of the in-ear hearing aids in our video:
In-the-ear devices are an effective method of hearing correction. They are almost invisible to others and help to significantly improve the quality of life. When choosing a device, you need to consider the basic parameters of hearing, and therefore it is important to conduct a thorough diagnosis.