Panadol is an anti-inflammatory medication. Thanks to its use, you can cope with the pain and reduce the temperature. Although the drug is considered an over-the-counter drug, use it better after consulting a doctor. It is important to follow the instructions clearly.
Composition, form of release
The active ingredient of the drug is paracetamol. In this case, panadol is produced in various forms:
- Tablets. Each of them has a shell and includes 500 mg of active substance. Tablets are in blisters for 12 pieces.
- Effervescent tablets. Before taking them, mix with water. This drug is called panadol loved. Each tablet contains 500 mg of paracetamol. They are located in tubes of 12 pieces.
- Suspension or syrup. This is a child's uniform. In 5 ml, 120 mg of the active ingredient is present. The drug is in vials with a dispenser of 100 ml. Rectal candles. This form is also prescribed for children. Suppositories can have 2 volumes - 125-250 mg each. Candles are in special packages of 10 piec
Manufacturers of the medicine are the British company GlaxoSmithKline, the Greek company Famar S.A, etc.
Indications for use
The drug is a symptomatic substance and is used in the following cases:
- pain sensations - headaches, discomfort in the muscles or lower back, sore throat, toothache;
- fever - the remedy can be used as an antipyretic agent when the temperature rises against the backdrop of viral pathologies and influenza.
Panadol can reduce pain at the time of application. However, it does not affect the course of the disease.
The drug is not allowed for use in such situations:
- hyperbilirubinemia and other liver damage;
- intolerance to the active ingredient or additional ingredients;
- of blood disease;
- disorders of blood clotting;
- alcohol dependence;
- less than 3 years old - without a doctor's consultation;
- kidney disease;
- pregnancy and lactation - without consulting a specialist.
Mechanism of action
The active component of the drug results in blocking the production of prostaglandins. These substances are mediators of inflammation.
Paracetamol also provides blocking of chemical elements that cause an increase in temperature.
Panadol has a light anti-inflammatory effect. This is due to the fact that after the drug enters the tissues of the body, cell enzymes destroy paracetamol.
The key action of the drug is antipyretic. It also has a pronounced analgesic effect.
The limit level of the substance is reached after half an hour after ingestion. At the same time, it lasts 2 hours. Intermediate metabolites destroy paracetamol in the liver, after which it leaves the body through the kidneys.
Instructions for use
Tablets are recommended to swallow whole without breaking the shell. It is advisable to drink them with a glass of lukewarm water. Effervescent tablets should be mixed with a glass of water. After complete dissolution, the liquid should be drunk.
Children after 12 years and adults should drink 500-1000 mg per 1 reception. The daily volume is 4000 mg. It is divided into 4 applications.
For children, panadol is prescribed depending on the age. The daily volume should be as follows:
- 3-6 months - 250-350 mg;
- 6-12 months - 500 mg;
- 1-3 years - 750 mg;
- 3-6 years - 1000 mg;
- 6-9 years - 1500 mg;
- 9-12 years - 2000 mg.
Any daily volume is divided into 4 receptions. Between each use of the drug should be able to withstand a four-hour interval.
Panadol should not be used for more than 3 consecutive days. If the patient's condition does not return to normal, it is worth consulting with a specialist who will clarify the diagnosis and select a therapy regimen.
Abstract for the drug Panadol in our video:
Side effects of
The recommended amount of funds is usually well tolerated. Sometimes there are such symptoms:
- Allergy - a rash, itching sensation, angioedema.
- Defects of the hematopoiesis system - thrombocytopenia, anemia. Methemoglobinemia may also develop.
- Urinary system - with prolonged use in increased dosage there is a risk of papillary necrosis, renal colic. There is also a threat of interstitial nephritis and a nonspecific form of bacteriuria.
In the first day of an overdose, the patient may develop pallor, discomfort in the abdomen. Nausea and vomiting are also common. After 12-48 hours after application, there is a risk of kidney and liver damage. In this case, dangerous consequences are possible in the form of encephalopathy, coma and even death of the patient.
Liver pathologies occur in adult patients with 10 g of the drug and more. Insufficiency of the kidneys with tubular necrosis can also appear in the absence of severe liver damage. Also, the symptoms of overdose include pancreatitis and arrhythmia.
To cope with this pathology, you need to take methionine inside. Sometimes the introduction of N-acetylcysteine intravenously.
Paracetamol overcomes the placental barrier. However, there was no adverse effect on the fetus. In addition, the active substance of the drug can be excreted in breast milk.
Therefore, if you need to take the substance during pregnancy and lactation, you need to get a doctor's consultation. The same applies to the treatment of young children.
Panadol increases the therapeutic effect of coumarin anticoagulants, including warfarin. If you combine the drug with metoclopramide and domperidone, the absorption of paracetamol increases. Cholestyramine on the contrary reduces the absorption of the active substance panadola.
In combination with barbiturates, a decrease in the antipyretic effect of paracetamol is observed. In this hepatotoxic drugs, isoniazid increase the hepatotoxic effect of panadol. The same applies to inducers of microsomal oxidation.
Numerous reviews confirm the high effectiveness of the drug. The medicine helps to cope with the pain and reduce the temperature. It is very important to follow the instructions. If the rules of application are violated, dangerous side effects develop.
Comments from Dr. Komarovsky on the preparation Panadol in candles:
Prices for Panadol
The cost of the drug depends on the policy of the pharmacy and the dosage form. So, the tablets will cost about 50 rubles, while the suspension costs more - 100 rubles.
This group includes:
The most inexpensive analogue is paracetamol, the cost of which is only 18 rubles.
In the photo, analogues of Panadol
Synonyms of drug
For substances with the same active ingredient, paracetamol and darroon are included.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
You can buy medication at the pharmacy. The recipe for this is not needed.
Storage Conditions and Shelf Life
The substance is stored out of the children's access area. The limiting temperature is 25 degrees. Shelf life - 5 years.
Panadol is an effective tool that can cope with the pain syndrome and high fever. It is very important to follow the instructions and all the recommendations of the doctor. This will help prevent side effects.