Every person knows what is the stuffiness of the ear. This condition appears during takeoffs and landings on an airplane, with a cold. It can also occur with pathology in the organ of hearing.
This condition usually appears for two main reasons:
- In the absence of proper hygiene. Lead to this effect, large sulfur fuses.
- Inflammation of the Eustachian tube. This ailment leads to puffiness.
There are other reasons: getting into the ear of water, curving the nasal septum, foreign body. Sometimes stuffiness is the result of taking certain drugs.
Obstruction of the ear as a symptom of
Sometimes a disease provokes such a condition. For example, purulent otitis. This is one of the most common pathologies that leads to inflammation of the epithelium. As a result of the activity of bacteria, a purulent discharge appears, leading to stasis. This symptom also appears in other diseases:
- Catarrhal otitis. It often develops in children against a background of de
creased immunity. This phenomenon can be accompanied by severe pain. Inflammation extends to the middle ear.
- Otomycosis. With this disease, the ear is affected by a fungus that affects the middle and outer ear. Usually defeat is one-sided. Zalozhennost and noise in the ears with this problem are the very first bells.
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane. It can happen because of a mechanical or chemical disorder, appears under the influence of pus. This condition is accompanied by attacks of nausea, a decrease in hearing, appetite, an increase in body temperature.
- Rhinosinusitis. It all starts with a stuffy nose. It is more common in adults aged 45 to 70 years. Edema affects not only the nasal mucosa, but also the ears.
- Sialadenitis. Inflammation of the salivary gland. It can be acute or chronic. Parotid gland is more often affected. This leads to a feeling of stuffiness.
- Eustachyte. Disease affecting the Eustachian tube. During the course of the disease, the ventilation of the middle ear is disturbed.
What to do at home
Treatment or the method of treatment is selected depending on the motive that led to this phenomenon. The easiest way is to contact an otolaryngologist who not only identifies the prerequisites, but also prescribes the right treatment.
What to do if suddenly the ear is laid:
is diagnosed The treatment is always approximately the same:
- middle ear drainage,
- removal of organic obstacles,
- ear treatment with antiseptics,
- use of vasoconstrictor in the nose,
- use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs.
The easiest way to drip drops, intended for the treatment of ear diseases. If they are not at hand, then moisten the cotton swab in a tincture of calendula or chamomile. Put it in your ear. Such tinctures not only have antiseptic properties, but also successfully cope with the stuffiness.
Natural antibiotics are garlic and onions. It is necessary to get the juice from them in the most convenient way, then drip into the ears.
With increased pressure
At an atmospheric pressure drop, the body system simply does not have time to react to the change in time. The same effect is observed when riding on attractions, when traveling by car or flying on an airplane. The main thing is to distribute the pressure that has arisen in the ear so as to reduce the burden on the eardrum. There are a few simple recipes:
Chew a chewing gum. Just a couple of seconds is enough to get rid of such an unpleasant phenomenon.
- Wide yawn.
- Swallow the saliva, straining the larynx.
Well helps and blowing out. But try not to do too sharp exhalations. It is recommended not to do this with just two nostrils. Otherwise, it will only lead to a worsening of the condition.
With a cold
In ARVI, the actions will depend on whether you have a fever or not. When increasing it, do not use warming compresses and alcohol tinctures.
It is enough to drink an antipyretic agent and make a water iodine-salt solution. For this, on a glass of warm water, drip 2-3 drops of iodine and put a teaspoon of salt. If the ear begins to appear pain, then you will have to call an ambulance.
With a cold, regardless of the presence of temperature, you can use regular vasoconstrictive drops. There are options that relieve swelling from the mucosa for 2-3 hours, and there are medications and prolonged action. Drip the drops into that nostril, which is closest to the affected organ of hearing. After instillation it is necessary to lie on one side and stay in this position for several minutes.
Against a cold, the following can be used:
- Drops for the ears, for example, Otypax.
- Ointments( Oxycorta, Hydrocortisone).
- Phytosoles for the ears.
- Medical compresses.
If you need to quickly remove the obstruction, then grip the nostrils with your fingers and try to exhale through the nose with a strain.
You can also prepare an infusion of two spoons of raspberry roots. They are poured with a liter of boiling water and left to infuse for 10-12 hours. The folk medicine received is taken 2-3 times a day for three weeks.
Damage may affect the auricle, external ear canal or tympanic membrane. If nasal congestion has occurred with damage to the external auditory canal, then local antibacterial drugs are used.
Other variants of
In case of ingress of foreign bodies, congestion can be accompanied by a reflex cough. Removal of the cause is carried out by rinsing. To do this, you can use hydrogen peroxide.
Special hooks may be used, but the work with the latter should be very careful, since the risk of skin injury is very high.
Neoplasms can also lead to the effect of congestion. Especially in the first stages, the patient is not bothered only by stuffiness. It is impossible to cope independently with such a problem.
The easiest way to deal with the problem, if it occurred:
- Because of the contact of the head with water. To eliminate it, open your mouth wide enough or jump on one leg.
- When forming ear sulfur plugs. Remove it easily, using special drops, hydrogen peroxide or ear candles.
- In pregnancy, this symptom does not indicate a pathology. Most often this is due to hormonal changes in the body. Therefore, in such a situation, no treatment is required.
Than the status of
is dangerous. Usually a symptom is one of the signs of otitis. Most often there is a purulent otitis, accompanied by ulceration. This leads to adhesions and rupture of the tympanic membrane. There is a risk of developing meningitis or an abscess of the brain.
In any case, if stuffiness is a frequent occurrence, you need to seek qualified help. The danger is that, in the absence of adequate exposure, otitis may occur. It can lead to partial or total hearing loss.
How to rinse the stuffed ear to the child:
By itself, the stuffiness is not a serious problem. To prevent its occurrence, it is necessary to conduct timely hygienic procedures, not to allow the development of the common cold. If the latter was not maintained, then for prevention, you can drink an antiallergic agent and drip vasoconstrictive drops. This will help prevent the occurrence of stuffiness.
Before traveling in an elevator, plane or car, take candies or chewing gum on the road. They will help you on the road to avoid such an unpleasant symptom.