It is the inflammation of the palatine tonsils that doctors treat as a sore throat. Another honey term, which means the same pathology, is tonsillitis( from Latin, "inflammation of the tonsils")."Angina" is used to indicate an acute process, and the term "tonsillitis" is used to indicate the chronic course of the disease.
Temperature with angina
With angina, the temperature usually does not last long( 2 - 3 days).The high temperature persists until the purulent plaque is present on the tonsils.
Then the temperature gradually decreases( after cleansing tonsils from pus).
Sometimes the temperature drop is rapid, in which case there is a vegetative-vascular reaction.
The increased temperature is represented by the body's reaction to the inflammatory process. Thus, the body starts its reserve forces. A rise in temperature indicates the mobilization of all forces against an infection that has penetrated the body.
Toxins that are produced by viruses affect the hypothalamus, which is respo
nsible for thermoregulation).Under the influence of toxins, the brain gives a signal to raise the temperature, which is needed to fight infection.
The positive properties of the
symptom High temperature is a kind of body defense. Usually young parents are frightened at a high temperature in the baby. They rush to give any antipyretics. But experts against this.
Indicators of a thermometer for different forms of the disease
The first signal about the development of angina is the increase in temperature.
The temperature with angina is manifested in different ways. It is divided into the following groups:
- subfebrile( 37 - 38 degrees);
- febrile( 38 - 39 degrees);
- pyretic( 39 - 40 degrees);
- is hyperpyretic( 40 degrees, above 40 degrees).
If the angina is primary, uncomplicated, then the temperature can be high for a couple of days. Different forms of angina are characterized by their own severity of reaction:
- with catarrhal( which is considered light form) the temperature reaches 38 degrees;
- with herpes form the patient has a strong temperature increase( 39 - 40 degrees);
- with ulcer-necrotic temperature indicator may not increase. This form is known as "sore throat without temperature".With it there is a strong suppression of immunity;
- at lacunar, follicular temperature reaches 39 - 40 degrees.
Temperature rise, as a symptom of angina, can occur according to the following types:
- red fever. In this case, redness of the dermis of the face, mucous of the nose, and mouth is noted. The dermis of the patient is dry, hot. The appearance of this type of fever is provoked by the prolonged expansion of peripheral vessels;
- white fever. With it there is pallor, humidity, coolness of the dermis. At the patient there is a flaccidity, a strong chill. This type of fever is provoked by pathological spasms of peripheral vessels.
If the temperature rises to 37 - 37.5 degrees, stable time is maintained, experts indicate the presence of subfebrile temperature. This temperature is often accompanied by malaise. Doctors say that the subfebrile temperature can rise to 38 degrees. It can be called "near fever".
The temperature on this indicator can last for a couple of days. Adults do not need to give antipyretic. The body is able to fight the infection on its own.
Children of this temperature are able to tolerate much easier than adults. Sometimes children need antipyretic:
- If the child has a nervous system disease.
- The temperature does not drop for a long time.
When the temperature rises from the low-grade figures to the febrile( 38 - 39 degrees), you need to take antipyretics. Such a strong leap is provoked by infection, inflammation. Specialists at a temperature of( 38.5) recommend the use of antipyretic.
To bring down the temperature, which has reached only 37.5 degrees, is necessary in the presence in the past of a patient of thermal convulsions, neurological diseases, liver and kidney dysfunction.
The patient is concerned about aching joints, muscles, headache, fever. Sometimes there are attacks of nausea, vomiting.
Why the temperature of the body rises and how dangerous it is:
How to measure the temperature of the
Before measuring the temperature, it is necessary to wipe the armpit to dryness, so that the parameters of the device are not distorted. If you need to measure the temperature of a very weak patient, the child, you should help to press the thermometer.
Mercury thermometer .The temperature measurement algorithm is as follows:
- Remove the device from the case.
- Carry out disinfection. To do this, wipe the device with alcohol.
- Shake the thermometer. This should be done with extreme caution. This is necessary in order for the mercury strip to descend.
- Wipe dry underarm.
- The thermometer is placed inside the armpit so that the mercury tank completely disappears under the arm.
- We last for 10 minutes. We check the result.
Electronic thermometer. Algorithm of actions:
- We extract from the case.
- We press the button, we wait for inclusion.
- Place the thermometer under the mouse.
- We are waiting for a beep.
- We check the reading.
The temperature in children is measured inside the inguinal fold. This method of measurement is very convenient because this way the thermometer can be fixed. The inguinal fold should be wiped dry. The thermometer is usually held for 10 minutes.
The temperature can be measured by means of a thermometer. You can use mercury or electronic( which is at hand).Now everyone prefers an electronic thermometer because of its characteristics:
- no need for processing;
How to lower the temperature without drugs, see in our video:
What to do
At a temperature that reaches 38 - 39 degrees, experts recommend taking antipyretic. If the temperature is high( 37.5 - 38.8 degrees), to lower it you can use the usual "Paracetamol".
At a high temperature, which lasts a long time, it is necessary to comply with such recommendations:
- Provide the child with bed rest.
- Use "Paracetamol", "Ibuprofen"( syrup, candles).The dosage is set taking into account the age of the patient.
- Carry out antibiotic therapy. It is needed to stop the spread of the infection to other organs.
- Rinse the throat. This procedure flushes pathogenic microorganisms, eliminates pus from the tonsils.
- Abundant drink. You can take a decoction of rose hips, cockles from cranberries, cranberries. They have a strengthening effect.
Doctor Komarovsky tells how to deal with temperature:
When to knock down and than
Low temperature can be lowered by paracetamol. Subfebrile temperature is knocked down only in the presence of a patient in the past with diseases of the nervous system. Lower the temperature you need when it reaches 38 degrees.
For the removal of a higher temperature, experts recommend "Ibuprofen", "Paracetamol".
How much can the heat hold
In angina, high fever can be observed in the child for several days( 2 - 5).This feature depends on the form in which the disease occurs.1 - 2 days the temperature is kept at the catarrhal, Simanovsky-Vincent.1 - 3 days, the temperature can hold in the herpetic form, with follicular - 3 - 4 days. The longest time the high temperature persists with the lacunar form of the disease.
Than the symptom
is dangerous. If after taking the antipyretic, the temperature does not drop for a long time, keeps within 39, higher, you need to call an ambulance. The therapist who comes to the call listens to the child( this is necessary to exclude pneumonia).Then the doctor enters a lytic mixture( "Papaverin", "Dimedrol", "Analgin").
Tips for parents
At high temperatures, the child should not panic. If the indicators of the thermometer are very high, parents should call the pediatrician.
What to do if the child has a high temperature
What can and can not be done?
The child can not run, play active games so that there are no complications. You can draw, write, read fairy tales. Recommended bed rest, plentiful drink.
Heat after sore throat - is it worth worrying?
If after a sore throat there is a high temperature, it can indicate the development of chronic tonsillitis with purulent plugs. Usually this complication is fixed by specialists in the first couple of months after the cure of the disease. Doctors prescribe washing of tonsils, physiotherapy.
With strong immunity, the child's condition stabilizes in 3 to 4 days.