Otitis is a serious disorder that provokes hearing loss. It can cause undesirable consequences. To prevent this from happening, the pathology must be properly treated. Otolaryngologists prescribe a complex therapy, an obligatory component of which are ear drops.
Pharmacological properties of
These drugs may be steroid or non-steroidal. For each of these categories, certain properties are characteristic. Thus, non-steroidal drugs lead to suppression of the release of inflammatory mediators, reducing pain and swelling. They also perfectly restore the rheological characteristics of the blood.
The most popular ear drops
Today, many good ear medications are known that significantly improve the patient's condition. The drug otinum is most often prescribed. The active component of this agent is choline salicylate.
To analogues of the drug include brothinum, cholikaps. The remedy is used for catarrhal otitis, as it has analgesic and anti-inflammatory characteristics. Usually appoint 3-4 dro
ps. They need to be used several times a day.
In addition to monopreparations based on non-steroidal agents, combination medicines are often used. They are considered more effective and can be used even in purulent complications before the perforation of the membrane. To such means carry:
- Candibiotics. In its composition, there is beclomethasone, a corticosteroid hormone. Also, the medicine includes an antibacterial component, an anesthetic and an antifungal agent. Usually the drug is used for infectious or allergic ear damage. The indications also include various forms of otitis, including purulent. Use the product three times a day. The dosage is up to 5 drops.
- Polydex. This medicine includes dexamethasone and 2 antibacterial substances. It should be used for otitis and dermatological lesions of the external ear. The composition is not prescribed for perforation and intolerance to the ingredients. Use it twice a day. Dosage - from 1 to 5 drops.
- Софрадекс - this medication contains dexamethasone and 2 antibiotics. It is used for different types of otitis media. In the ear, you need to inject 2-3 drops a few times a day. Restrictions include viral and fungal pathologies, damage to the membrane, excessive sensitivity.
The most popular anti-inflammatory ear drops
Inexpensive analogue otipaksa is otrelaks. It is slightly different auxiliary ingredients. The agent can be used for external and average otitis media prior to the development of perforation. Indications include barotraumatic inflammation. It is recommended to use the drug several times a day for 3-4 drops. The maximum duration of treatment is 10 days.
2 in 1: anti-inflammatory + painkillers
For agents that contain anti-inflammatory and analgesic components, include otipax. The active substances of this drug are phenazone and lidocaine. The remedy is used for inflammation of the ear - barotraumatic edema and acute otitis.
Phenazone combines anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, and lidocaine is one of the most potent local action anesthetics. That's why the drug provides a quick relief of pain and gives a lasting effect. It should be applied 3 times a day for 4 drops. Therapy lasts no more than 10 days.
Restrictions include allergy to lidocaine. Also, the agent is contraindicated in case of sensitivity to other components.
Drugs that can be given to children
Many anti-inflammatory drops are allowed to be used to treat children. They produce a local effect without penetrating into the systemic bloodstream. This is only true provided the integrity of the membrane.
So, children are usually prescribed such drugs:
- otipax and otrelax - they can be used from birth;
- otinum - shown to children over 1 year old;
- Candiabiotic - this combination can be used only after 6 years;
- garazon - it is given to children over 8 years old.
The decision on the use of dexamethasone-based drugs, which include the sfradex and polidex, should be taken by an ENT doctor. The process of therapy should be clearly controlled.
Anti-inflammatory ear drops for children
What you need to know
Drops in otitis is an effective method of therapy of pathology. If you use them incorrectly, there is a risk of achieving the opposite effect. To avoid this, you need to adhere to these rules:
- Lie so that the affected ear is located on top.
- You need to inject the drops after pulling the lobe back and forth.
- The drug should be used warmly. But it should not be hot.
How to properly instill drops in the ear:
Danger of self-treatment and possible consequences
An anti-inflammatory drop should be prescribed by the ENT doctor for treatment of the ears. At the same time, it is strictly forbidden to exceed the admissible duration of the course. Independently use of such substances is contraindicated. With the perforation of the membrane, they can enter the systemic bloodstream and even cause deafness.
Anti-inflammatory drops can significantly improve the patient's condition in otitis. They effectively cope with pain and inflammation, which greatly speeds up the recovery process. In this case, prescribe medication should the doctor taking into account the symptoms of the pathology.