Otitis is an inflammation of one of the three ear sections. When a pathology occurs, it is necessary to consult an otolaryngologist for effective treatment. But if there is no opportunity to consult an expert, then you need to start therapy yourself at home.
When in the ear, you need to start therapy immediately. As the first aid, the following recommendations are suitable:
- Providing free nasal breathing. Otitis often occurs with swelling of the nasopharyngeal mucosa and the Eustachian tube. Therefore, it is necessary to use nasal vasoconstrictors.
- Avoid taking hot drinks and food. This can increase the flow of otitis due to the build-up of swelling.
- Use of antipyretics only when the body temperature reaches 38 - 38.5 ° C.This will allow the body to activate its own mechanisms to fight the disease.
- Exclude walks in the fresh air.
How to treat at home?
There are simple methods that you can do yourself:
- "Dry heat".A thick layer of cotton wool is put
on the auricle, on which is placed a bottle of warm water or a bag of salt, heated in a frying pan.
- Introduction in the auditory passage of medicinal substances with the help of turunda. It is a flagellum made of tightly twisted cotton wool, a few centimeters long. Turundu moistened with ear drops and slowly rotated movements injected into the cavity of the external ear. The tip of the flagellum should protrude from the auricle so that it can be removed later easily. Every 5-6 hours for turundum, several drops of the drug should be applied. Change the flagellum 1 time per day.
- Use of compresses. If the first 2 methods did not bring the desired results, then apply compresses. They can be alcohol and oil. Heating compresses have a multifunctional effect: relieve pain, improve blood circulation, promote the removal of inflammation. However, they need to be applied at the stage of recovery. At the beginning of the disease, warming compresses can only weight the course of otitis.
- High temperature indicates the need for antibiotics. Otitis is widely used drugs penicillin series and cephalosporins. The use of antibacterial agents is justified if during the high temperature it keeps for 3 days.
How to apply a compress?
It is important to accurately observe the correct sequence of compressing, which will preserve the integrity of the delicate skin in the ear. For the dressing, you need: cotton wool, alcohol( vodka) or camphor oil, bandage, cloth cut, polyethylene:
- . Put the fabric several times, immerse it in oil or alcohol( depending on the type of compress).
- Squeeze out excess fluid.
- Cloth lay around the ear, top layer of cotton wool, a piece of polyethylene.
- The area of the compress is bandaged with a normal bandage or knotted with a scarf.
Heating procedures are undesirable if:
- Increased temperature.
- There is a purulent discharge from the ear.
- The patient suffers from an eczema of the face or neck.
- Inflammation develops in the mastoid process.
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to determine the localization of the inflammatory process. You can do it yourself:
- Otitis externa is characterized by a strong pain syndrome, which is strengthened by pressing on the auricle. There may be a purulent discharge, an increase in the BTE lymph nodes.
- For middle otitis characterized by a sharp throbbing pain of a shooting character. There is a decrease in hearing, an increase in temperature.
- Internal otitis is accompanied by dizziness, severe pain and vomiting. This disease can not be treated independently, because severe complications can arise.
Therapy of external inflammation
The following procedures are effective for the treatment of external otitis media:
- Heating spirals compresses, which are applied for 2 hours.
- Apply a plantain leaf or baked onion to a sick ear.
- Decoction of bay leaf. In a glass of boiling water put 5-6 leaves, insist for 4 hours. Take inside 3 tablespoons twice a day or instill 10 drops in the ear.
With this form of the disease, the following recipes are widely used:
- Garlic drops. Vegetable grind to a mushy state, mix with vegetable oil in a ratio of 1: 1.Leave the mixture on a sunny place for 10 days. After filter and add a few drops of glycerin. A few drops of the heated solution obtained are instilled in the diseased ear.
- Onion drops. At the bulb, cut off the top and fill in the seeds of cumin. The resulting "pot" is baked in the oven for 30 minutes. After that, squeeze the juice and instill 3 drops into the large ear. The procedure is repeated for a week.
- Tincture of birch buds. Twice a day, dig in 3-4 drops of 10% tincture.
- To reduce pain and relieve inflammation, you can drip 5 drops of warm 70% alcohol lying on its side. Leave the solution in your ear for 20 minutes.
- You can remove the pain with a clove of garlic, baked in the oven. It is enough to cool it and put it in a sore ear. The procedure is repeated up to 4 times a day.
For chronic inflammation of the middle ear, appliques are of great effectiveness. First you need to prepare a dough from camphor alcohol and water( ratio 1: 2), a teaspoon of flaxseed oil and flour.
Put a flat cake on the prepared cake and apply it to your ear. From above, the application is bandaged with a woolen scarf. The procedure is repeated before bedtime until the pain syndrome disappears completely.
With purulent otitis, the following recipes are effective:
- Grind the roots of raspberries and pour boiling water( 3 tablespoons per 1 liter of water).Infuse 12 hours. Infusion ingested 3 cups a day, divided into 2-3 doses. The duration of the course is 1 month.
- Gauze swab lower in 20% tincture of propolis, squeeze out excess and attach to the ear aperture. Repeat the procedure for 4 weeks.
Features of ear treatment in a newborn
If an ear infection in the baby has occurred, you can not self-medicate. Only the otolaryngologist is able to determine the presence and severity of the disease, to prescribe effective therapy.
Tips and advice on the treatment of otitis in children in our video:
Popular recipes for treating otitis media at home
In folk medicine for otitis, the following recipes are accepted:
- Bury a few drops of honey or alcohol tincture of makhorka in the affected ear.
- Last calanchoe or aloe wrapped in gauze and gently inserted into the ear.
- The ear canal is lubricated with ointment with propolis, which is made on the basis of butter.
- Strong pain syndrome and inflammation can be alleviated by laying a sheet of geranium in the diseased ear.
- Take in the decoction of cowberry leaves.3 cups of raw material pour boiling water, insist 12 hours. Assign 2 glasses of medication 20 minutes before meals.
- For the night, bury the warmed juice of the bulb.
- To reduce ear pain 20% tincture of celandine will help( 20 grams of raw material pour a glass of vodka, insist 10 days).In the obtained tincture, wet tampons and injected into the diseased ear up to 3 times a day.
To effectively treat otitis media in homes, you need to combine medicines and folk remedies. It is important to follow the procedures accurately and regularly to avoid the development of purulent otitis media and serious complications.
If otitis in the infants or the patient after 3 days is not marked improvement, then you need to contact the otolaryngologist.
If the disease caused pain syndrome, which is not stopped with OTC drugs, or if the patient has decreased immunity, it is better to refuse self-treatment.
Remember, it is important not only to cure Otitis at home, but to do it without harm to health.