The full name of reflux gastritis sounds like a chemical-toxic-induced gastritis and consists in violation of the order of application of the contents of the digestive tract. In the normal digestive process, the food passing through the esophagus to the duodenum is treated with gastric juice, which has a high level of hydrochloric acid concentration.
When reflux( release), when food masses that contain bile and enzymes are directed back into the intestines from the stomach, the walls of the stomach and inflammation of the intestine are destroyed. The disease that develops against this background is called reflux gastritis. In the initial stage, the disease can not be manifested. Explicit signs of the disease manifest themselves when it lasts long enough. A specific diagnosis can be established after a survey, the most important of which is a comprehensive daily acidity check.
The development of this type of chronic disease like gastritis of GERD is provoked by excessive physical and mental stress
es that contribute to the disturbance of the autonomic nervous system. Therefore, most often the diagnosis of "reflux gastritis" puts nervous people who are acutely responsive to stressful situations. Diseases of pancreatitis or cholecystitis also provoke diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of this type. However, the leading position among the causes of reflux gastritis( GERD) is inadequate nutrition and non-compliance with the regime.
Types of reflux
Depending on the causes of the disease, it is divided into two types.
- Duodenogastric, consists in a poor closure of the gatekeeper, preventing the reverse entry into the intestines of processed food masses and accompanied by increased pressure, inflammatory and degenerative processes in the 12-типерстной of the intestine.
- Biliary - is characterized by a violation of the sequence and strength of the pressure of the bile ducts and inside the intestines, leading to a failure of compression of the gastric and pancreatic ducts.
Degrees of development of reflux gastritis
The development of the disease, depending on the magnitude of mucosal damage, can be divided into several stages.
- Moderate reflux gastritis is gastritis, in which dystrophy of the epithelium on the surface layer and disruption of the restoration process is observed, is the first stage. Of particular importance in the treatment is a diet aimed at preserving the mucosa. During an exacerbation with intensive treatment of a moderate form, a light, semi-liquid food, cooked steamed or boiled, is recommended. In the future, you can use sour-milk products, jelly, juices, some vegetables and fruits.
- Erythematous reflux gastritis manifests itself in loss of appetite, pain and burning sensation during or after food intake, signs of stool disorder, bouts of nausea, heartburn and belching. The disease can be triggered by a bacterial or viral infection, stressful situations, the use of hormones and antibiotics without medical supervision and malnutrition. Hereditary predisposition can also cause erythematous reflux. When the disease due to deformation of the walls of the atral part of the stomach and the appearance of deep scars, acidity is increased and protective mucus is destroyed, which prevents the erosion of hydrochloric acid walls of the stomach. This form of the disease develops against the background of already existing superficial gastritis or atrophic, and causes its allergens and parasites. Treatment consists in observance of a special, specialized diet.
- Mixed reflux gastritis is clinically characterized by bloating, discomfort, nausea, eructation and decreased appetite. With this kind of disease there can be changes in the erosive form, thickening of the gastric mucosa. When choosing a method for treating mixed reflux gastritis, all the forms included in it should be considered. At the same time, they combine medication with a diet recommended by a doctor. In the case of a complex course of the disease, inpatient treatment is recommended. In the early stages of mixed reflux gastritis, it is useful for two days not to eat, limited to unsweetened tea or broth of wild rose in a volume of 1.5-2 liters per day. As a preventive measure, it is necessary to comply with the regime of rational nutrition with environmentally friendly products, not to be nervous and to monitor the condition of the oral cavity.
Reflux gastritis in children
Unfortunately, even in infants, there may be signs of this disease, which consist in frequent regurgitation, in the capriciousness of the child. With very frequent and abundant regurgitation, a child's growth can be delayed. An older child complains of bitterness in the mouth, a burning sensation in the chest. As in adults, in children, the symptoms of the disease are manifested by pains at the top of the abdomen, arising during meals or worse after eating. There are also attacks of bronchial asthma.
Sometimes manifestations of reflux in children can consist in frequent diseases of otitis media, changes in the voice, coughing, attacks of suffocation. To such nonspecific symptoms of the manifestation of the disease in children is the lack of appetite, bad breath. Esophagogastroduodenoscopy and radiopaque examination of the digestive organs are the main methods of diagnosing reflux gastritis.
In infants, it passes by itself, but if the disease often resumes, the doctor recommends medication. To get rid of the child from reflux gastritis, frequent meals are recommended in small portions, supper no later than three hours before sleep, avoiding physical exercises related to jumping, sloping, lifting weights. For a sick child, chewing gums are useful, with the chewing of which saliva is released and acidity is reduced. With symptoms of heartburn to avoid ingestion of gastric juice into the esophagus, the head of the bed rises higher. With reflux gastritis, older children should not tolerate snacks and overeating.