Hemorrhoids in women - a common disease, which brings wonderful representatives no less trouble than men. It can meet with women even more often, but they turn to them for help less often.
It seems to them that this is embarrassing, but the problem becomes even greater, because such a particular ailment should be treated in the initial stage, especially if we take into account that the girls have more aggravating factors than the young men.
It is also important to remember that hemorrhoids, whether it is external or internal, will not pass by itself. At whatever stage it is - you need to contact a specialist. Even if you are not sure that you are suffering from this disease, it is superfluous to turn to the proctologist to exclude or timely start treating hemorrhoidal formations.
In this article we will look at the features of hemorrhoids in women, its symptoms and early signs in the initial stage, as well as modern methods of treating hemorrhoids, including at home using candles, ointments and
folk remedies. If you have any questions - leave them in the comments, or share feedback on the successful disposal of this ailment.
Causes of hemorrhoids in women
The most common causes contributing to the development of pathology are associated with lack of mobility, lack of motor activity or sedentary professional activity. No wonder hemorrhoids are also called the disease of civilized countries. So, consider the most common risk factors that are the causes of hemorrhoids in women:
- Pregnancy, childbirth .The uterus increases in size during pregnancy, so it presses on the blood vessels, which causes stagnation of blood. During childbirth, this stagnation becomes stronger, because in the process of straining, blood filling of the pelvic veins increases.
- Constipation of .Women more often than men, suffer from constipation due to the peculiarities of the structure of the intestine( elongated sigmoid colon).During the emptying of the intestine with constipation, the woman tenses, while the pressure on the walls of the venous vessels of the anal canal increases, and hemorrhoidal "bumps" appear.
- Physical overvoltage, heavy work .As you know, a Russian woman "stops the horse at a gallop, enters a burning hut".Well, the profession of a sleepers has always been considered a feminine place in our country. .. Plus, in recent times, mass emancipation has been gaining momentum all over the world, women are increasingly engaged in purely male types of work and sports. Already, even in the Olympic program included competitions in wrestling and weightlifting among women. .. And how many lovely ladies in pursuit of a beautiful figure exhaust themselves with studies with "iron" in gyms!
- The sedentary lifestyle of .Most of us work in offices, sit at the computer and with paper almost the whole working day. Yes, and free time, many modern townspeople prefer to spend in front of the TV or sitting in a cafe. Naturally, in this case the blood supply to the pelvic organs is disturbed, the blood stagnates, stretching the veins, which leads to the formation of pathological nodes.
- Menstruation .You can see that the hemorrhoids become worse or starts to develop during menstruation. Of course, it can not be said that this process is the direct cause of the disease, but during this period the blood flows more and more to the small pelvis, the blood vessels overflow, which can cause hemorrhoids.
- Incorrect power to the .The fast pace of life, when one day needs to do a thousand things, on a full and balanced diet, unfortunately, does not leave time at all. Therefore, for today, malnutrition occupies a leading position among all risk factors for hemorrhoids. Every woman knows what the desire for an ideal figure is and what sacrifices she is willing to make for this purpose. As a result of all sorts of experiments and unbalanced diets, the intestinal microflora is disrupted, the digestive system is deteriorating.
The main cause of hemorrhoid development is a violation of blood filling of cavernous veins. To provoke such a state may slow the venous outflow or increase the arterial blood flow. A peculiar bag of blood, formed in an enlarged vein, is called a hemorrhoidal node. Most experts believe that the loss of hemorrhoids occurs due to the weakening of the musculoskeletal apparatus of the mucous layer of the rectum.
First signs of
The first manifestation is a feeling of discomfort in the anus. It can occur during defecation, sitting or walking. Itching, burning, sensation of foreign matter - all this indicates the inflammation of the venous nodes.
Highlight first signs of hemorrhoids in women :
- feeling of discomfort, burning, itching;
- slight bleeding while visiting the toilet;
- inflammatory processes of the anus;
- pain, tingling, rubbing during defecation;
- prolapse or swelling of hemorrhoids;
- abundant mucus secretion.
Over time, signs of hemorrhoids are worse. There is an edema of the anus, a heaviness in the groin. It's hard to walk and it hurts to sit. In the case of a pinched hemorrhoidal junction, the woman experiences severe, very severe pain. The nodes themselves can be found by touching the anal opening: they are felt like bumps under the skin. In neglected cases, the nodes may fall out.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids in women
Symptoms of hemorrhoids in women with the development of the disease become more pronounced( see photo).Thus, with external hemorrhoids, the following are observed:
- Strengthening of the itching in the perianal zone of , excretion of mucus from the rectum, which causes burning and irritation in the anus;
- A small compaction at the entrance to the rectum , which eventually increases, becomes inflamed, it becomes painful. Such seals can be several, and they come out during defecation or when straining;
- Feeling of discomfort and itching around the anus , which is strengthened, and after defecation there is a feeling of incomplete emptying of the intestine;
- Pain in the anus and bleeding during defecation. Going to the toilet becomes painful for a woman.
The most frequent complaint with hemorrhoids is the sensation of a foreign body in the rectum, as well as the severity of the inguinal region when walking. These symptoms are explained by the swelling of blood-filled hemorrhoidal cones. Itching and burning in the anus are also characteristic symptoms of hemorrhoids in women. These signs arise from irritation of the mucous membrane of the anus with secretions, and also are a manifestation of erosion of the walls of inflamed hemorrhoids.
Stages of hemorrhoids
It should be noted that the more advanced the disease, the more radical the method uses for its treatment. The development of hemorrhoids occurs in four stages:
- It is characterized by swelling and swelling of non-falling, sometimes bleeding hemorrhoids. There is an increase in the vascular pattern of the mucosa, as well as minor anatomical changes in the longitudinal muscle.
- At this point, the hemorrhoid cones increase in size, become denser and more painful. When defecating, they come out( this is a reversible process, they themselves go back).From the rectum oozes not only blood, but also inflammatory fluid - it irritates the area of the anus, there is uncontrollable itching and discomfort. Women become very nervous. And already at this stage almost 80% of them turn to the doctor for help.
- Flows against a background of increasing anal itching and frequent bleeding. Loss of hemorrhoids requires manual or instrumental correction. In the course of a laboratory study, morphological changes in muscle tissue are detected, indicating a predominance of dystrophic processes and a loss of elasticity.
- There is also a group of particularly persistent women who are engaged in ineffective self-treatment and "spit on a doctor there".They have a unique chance that the 4th stage of the disease will soon develop! About wild discomfort, pain, suffering, even I do not want to say. We will describe only the main symptoms: severe bleeding during defecation, various cones inside and outside the anus, the inability to fix hemorrhoids in any way( even manually), thrombi appear.
In general, despite certain causal features, the symptoms of hemorrhoids in women and girls are typical and do not differ from those of men.
How hemorrhoids look like in women: photo
In the photo below you can see how hemorrhoids look like in women, depending on the stage of the disease development.
There are three types of ailment in accordance with the location of hemorrhoids:
- Internal hemorrhoids , in which the nodes are located under the mucous covers of the rectum, but higher than the border of the dentate line. Localization - a place of internal plexus of veins.
- With external hemorrhoids , the hemorrhoids are located below the dentate line.
- Combined hemorrhoids is a combination of internal and external diseases.
The degree of development of hemorrhoids depends on which of the four consecutive stages it is located.
Which doctor treats hemorrhoids in women
In women, a proctologist is treating and diagnosing hemorrhoids. It is this specialist who is engaged in examinations, prescribes therapy, gives all possible recommendations, and also tries to support the patient.
However, not all polyclinics have a proctologist, since the specialty and direction is rather narrow, most often it takes in hospitals or in private medical clinics for a fee.
Diagnosis of the disease
The diagnosis of female hemorrhoids can be made already during a visual examination of the anal region, which determines the swollen, hyperemic, dense hemorrhoids, sometimes on their apexes are seen sores covered with blood clots.
- With , rectal examination of reveals the presence of internal nodes and another pathology of the rectum( polyps, tumors).
- Rectoromanoscopy - examination of the rectum and rectosigmoid section for concomitant pathology.
- Anoscopy is performed to assess the condition of the anal mucosa. Inspection is carried out by a special apparatus - an anoscope.
- Colonoscopy allows you to assess the condition of the mucosa of the entire gut.
Often, patients feel shame before a proctologist and hope that the disease will go away, but this behavior is fundamentally wrong. The disease can only worsen and worsen, so when the first signs appear, you should immediately seek medical help. Do not try to diagnose yourself and do self-medication, as it is very difficult. In addition, this disease can be confused with other serious diseases of the rectum.
Treatment of hemorrhoids in women
In the case of hemorrhoids in women, the initial stage of the disease allows treatment at home without hospitalization. While the second and third - requires a hospital stay. More advanced cases or the fourth stage are treated only by surgical intervention.
How to quickly treat hemorrhoids in women? Medicamentous symptomatic medications are used that have analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-edema, and resolving action. Below are the names of the most effective medicines.
The most popular ointments from hemorrhoids are :
- Troxevasin ointment;
- Heparin ointment;
- Hepatrombin G;
This form of medicines is most effective for eliminating external manifestations of the disease. With internal hemorrhoids prescribe rectal suppositories , they best stop inflammation and eliminate painful symptoms. Here is a list of the most common drugs:
- Gepatrombin G;
- Candles with adrenaline;
- Candles with belladonna;
- Candles with sea-buckthorn;
- Relief Ultra;
- Candles with propolis.
In cases where local treatment is not effective enough, the doctor will recommend to combine suppositories and ointments with venotonizing drugs in the form of tablets or capsules. For oral administration, prescribe medicines such as:
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to see the doctor and get advice from the proctologist on the use of medicines. Do not self-medicate, relying on advice or feedback on the Internet, especially pregnant women.
Minimally invasive treatments for
When conservative treatments at home do not bring the expected result, surgery is performed with the help of minimally invasive methods:
- Sclerotherapy - the essence is to inject a substance with a sclerosing effect into the hemorrhoidal node. It causes flattening of the enlarged veins and their gluing. It is recommended that no more than two hemorrhoids are concurrently sclerosed, but the procedure is repeated in two weeks.
- Alloying with latex rings .At the heart of this method of treatment is putting on the rings from latex on the nodal formation of hemorrhoids. It presses on the vessels carrying blood, thus closing the possibility of feeding to the nodular formation, which gradually dries up and after four days finally dies, leaving later through the anus. The ring is made of natural material. One ring of latex reaches a size of 5 millimeters in outer diameter, one millimeter
- in the internal diameter. is used for the phage coagulation by means of a light guide that is brought to the hemorrhoidal site until complete contact. Emitted thermal energy promotes the desolation and gluing of venous vessels.
- Cryotherapy - is the treatment of nodules with a very low temperature, which decreases to two hundred degrees. Manipulation is performed with the help of the apparatus "cryoprobe".The cryoprobe is connected to a balloon pumped with nitrogen. The nitrogen supply is regulated by means of tubes connecting the cylinder and cryoprobe. Treatment of the disease with this device gives a noticeable effect at any stage of the disease, excluding the fourth. At the last stage of the disease, hemorrhoids spread out over a large area. The center of his defeat is too great. Doctors can only prescribe in this situation an operative intervention, called hemorrhoidectomy.
All minimally invasive interventions are performed on an outpatient basis, using special equipment and local anesthesia. The procedure does not last long, after which the patient is under medical supervision for a while, then goes home. Recovery after intervention occurs in a short period, there are almost no complications.
How to treat hemorrhoids in women at home
Folk remedies are used to treat hemorrhoids in women as ancillary, with a reduction in inflammatory phenomena. From folk recipes it is clear that they prefer local effects at home with tampons, lubricants, and baths.
- Sitting baths .There are several herbs that perfectly help to cope with hemorrhoids. They include the bark of oak, chamomile, celandine and calendula. They have antibacterial and analgesic properties. To prepare the product, you need to take one kind of herb or make a mixture of herbs, taking them in equal quantities, pour boiling water. The remedy is allowed to brew. As soon as it cools down a little, you can proceed to the sedentary baths. In addition to herbs, a cool bath from a weak solution of potassium permanganate will also help.
- To compress the vessels, strengthen their walls, you can apply ice , usual or from chamomile infusion. Ice cubes should be put in clean gauze and applied for a short while to avoid hypothermia.
- Mix with l. honey, propolis, birch tar, petrolatum, sea buckthorn oil .It turns out an excellent tool that you need to lubricate the cones before going to bed or make compresses on a napkin. Such treatment is effective and harmless, it should be applied 10 days.
- Microclysters from beetroot juice ( 50 ml) are warmly administered overnight into the rectum.
- Help to treat disease, lotions that are made directly on the nodes themselves. For example, a piece of cloth can be drenched with a decoction of herbs and applied for several hours to the nodes. It can be simple lotions from cold water, lotions with infusion of a leaf of a forest strawberry.
Before using any, even the most effective folk remedy for hemorrhoids, you should definitely consult with a specialist. Only the right treatment will give positive results.
It is known that in time to warn much better and cheaper( in all senses of the word) than long and painfully treat. Fortunately, hemorrhoids are a disease that we can influence and quite successfully for the better. In order to understand what is best for prevention, it will be advisable to return to the factors of the onset of the disease and try to minimize them, if one does not get to exclude altogether:
- Do not pick up heavy objects often. If you are forced to lift heavy objects, do not hold your breath while lifting.
- Keep an eye on the proper functioning of the intestine , eat properly and do not provoke the appearance of constipation and diarrhea. In the diet should be fiber, liquid, vegetables and fruits. Only healthy balanced fractional food.4-5 times a day, especially during pregnancy, copious drinking and timely emptying of the body.
- Do not strain the anus during the defecation of , do not sit for hours in the toilet for an interesting book or newspaper.
- Avoid prolonged sitting, try to be physically active .Moderation is the key to good health. If your profession "ties" you to a chair for a while, take frequent breaks to perform movements in moderate physical activity, for example walking or swimming.
Preventive measures are necessary not only for those who fear the recurrence of the disease, but also for those who have relatives suffering from hemorrhoids or just want to protect themselves from the possible appearance of the disease.