If a person for no reason without that there are pains in the field of the "motor", then it's time to run to the doctor. After all, they do not joke with their heart. And today we will talk about atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis.
Features of the ailment
Such an ailment as atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis usually develops due to the lesion of the coronary arteries. Although today even there is an opinion that such a disease does not exist at all, and this condition is associated with the natural aging of the body, and all people aged "55" with indeterminate pain in the side of the heart just reached a critical age.
This syndrome is often accompanied by arrhythmias, extrasystole, angina, heart failure. AK differs diffuse diffusion and duration of flow.
The following video contains the questions of patients diagnosed with atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis and its attendant ailments, as well as the specialists' answers to them:
Forms and types of
The disease is divided into 2 forms:
- diffuse large-focal and
- diffuse fine-focal( areas of the disease not more than 2 millimeters).
You can also talk about progressive atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis( AK), which can result in compensatory hypertrophy, and after it, dilatation of the left ventricle.
By type it is customary to allocate such AK:
OUR READERS RECOMMEND!
For prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, our readers advise the drug "NORMALIFE".This is a natural remedy that affects the cause of the disease, completely preventing the risk of getting a heart attack or stroke. NORMALIFE has no contraindications and begins to act within a few hours after its use. The effectiveness and safety of the drug has been repeatedly proven by clinical studies and long-term therapeutic experience.
The opinion of doctors. .. & gt; & gt;
- is ischemic. It appears as a result of prolonged circulatory failure. He progresses slowly enough;
- postinfarction or postnecrotic. Appears on the site, where previously there was necrosis;
- mixed or transient. It is an alliance of the two previous types, it is characterized by unhurried diffuse development of fibrous tissue, as a result of which necrotic foci appear due to repeated infarctions.
The main cause of the disease is clear from its name. With this ailment, atherosclerotic plaques appear in the patient's vessels due to the fact that there is a damaged tissue in the bed of the vessel, where the layering of fatty deposits and circulating cholesterol occurs. As a result, after a while the plaque is so enlarged that the lumen of the vessel greatly narrows, disrupting the flow of blood, leading to a lack of oxygen and a curvature of the vessel itself. When he is too clogged with such plaques, the patient begins to develop heart disease.
Because of regular hypoxia of the heart muscle appears ischemic BS, and if treatment is not available, atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis develops. In this case, the muscle can not function normally, the cells of the heart tissue are lost, the places of damage are tightened with the help of connective tissue. And this situation does not allow the heart to contract properly.
The rate of development of coronary artery atherosclerosis is also influenced by the following factors:
- excessive consumption of cholesterol-rich foods,
- propensity to vasoconstriction.
Symptoms of atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis
AK is not inherent in its own symptomatology, because it develops against a background of acute ischemic lesions. Based on this, it is customary to distinguish 3 groups of symptoms that speak of:
- conduction and cardiac rhythm disorder;
- coronary insufficiency;
- violation of the contractile function of the heart.
If it is a progressive SC with development of cicatricial sclerotic processes, the following symptomatology may appear:
- Recurrent pains with recoil into the scapula, arm( left side of the heart) and epigastric region.
- Excessive fatigue;
- Seizure of cardiac asthma;
- Shortness of breath even during a leisurely walk;
- Recurrent myocardial infarction;
- Pulmonary edema.
It is also important what diseases accompany the CA:
- If the CA is accompanied by coronary insufficiency, then peripheral edema, hepatomegaly, and also congestive pulmonary phenomena join the indicated signs of the disease. Also, in especially severe cases of SC is possible ascites and pleurisy.
- If there is a violation of the rhythm of the heart, the patient may experience atrial fibrillation, as well as extrasystole.
- If the patient also finds dizziness, intermittent claudication and memory impairment, there may be a catheter with atherosclerosis of large arteries.
The correct diagnosis in the case of atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis should be based on the patient's medical history: whether the patient has CHD, various forms of arrhythmia, atherosclerosis, whether he suffered a heart attack, etc.), subjective symptoms are also important.
Diagnostic methods for suspected atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis are as follows:
- ECG.This method will help to identify the presence of coronary insufficiency in the patient, as well as arrhythmias, post-infarct scars, etc.
- Echocardiography. Helps detect violations of myocardial contractility.
- Biochemical blood test. It promotes the presence of hypercholesterolemia in the patient and the increase of beta-lipoproteins.
- Bicycle ergometry. With the help of this method, a specialist reveals the degree of dysfunction of the heart muscle and the functional reserves of the "motor".
Additionally, one of the following methods can be assigned:
- of the ultrasound of the pleural and abdominal cavities;
- Daily ECG monitoring;
- chest X-ray and others.
AK does not respond to self-medication - it's important! Only the doctor will help to overcome the ailment! Self-medication can lead to the most undesirable consequences!
The general method of treatment is based on the pathogenetic therapy of the main ailments and pursues the following objectives:
- Elimination( and mitigation);
- Healing of heart failure;
- Elimination of arrhythmias.
In the next video, the patient with cardiosclerosis also tells the method of his treatment:
The doctor prescribes the patient the right daily routine, consisting in particular of:
- refusal of stimulant beverages like coffee;
- compliance with the diet( reduction of salt consumption, exclusion of fried and fatty foods);
- refusal from smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol-containing beverages;
- restrictions of the goods.
In the case of SC, patients are also shown a procedure such as balneotherapy. It includes the reception of carbonic, coniferous, hydrogen sulphide and other therapeutic baths.
As already mentioned, it is important to overcome the ailments, the root cause of CA, for which the doctor can prescribe such drugs:
- vasodilators and anticoagulants - against coronary insufficiency;
- nitroglycerin - to improve coronary circulation( usually along with aspirin);
- novokainamid or quinidine - against atrial fibrillation.
Surgical and other methods of
In the case when a patient has an aneurysm of the heart, surgical intervention( resection) is shown:
- An aneurysm is excised when she has a saccular character;
- Sewing elastic tissue( more often from the diaphragm) if the aneurysm is flat.
If the patient has a persistent rhythm and conduction disorder, the doctor can prescribe:
- implantation of EKS;
- radiofrequency ablation( RFA);
- cardioverter defibrillator.
With blockade of cardiac patency of the third degree, the use of ventricular electrostimulation is likely.
As it is known, besides age-related diseases, age factors( when a person reaches the mark "55 years") and obesity are also influencing the development of spacecraft. And if the first, alas, you can not change, then with the second it is quite possible to cope by a rational diet and the right way of life.
Advice on the prevention of SC is incredibly simple:
- refuse to smoke and drink alcoholic beverages;
- forget about fatty foods, give preference to fish, vegetables, non-starchy fruits;
- accustom yourself to cardio loads.
It is also important to visit your doctor regularly. And not to allow the development of original diseases, while performing therapy for atherosclerosis, arrhythmia, and heart failure.
As a result, or more accurately with the CA, the patient may develop:
- Heart rhythm disturbances;
About whether the diagnosis of "atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis" can lead to death, and what the general prognosis is with it, read on.
The prognosis of AK is affected by the vastness of the lesion, the presence / absence of arrhythmias and associated ailments. In the event of rupture of the aneurysm( if any), death occurs.
How to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, which plays a huge role in the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, will tell the following video: