If the body is very itchy, and as a result there are rashes on the skin of papular nature or in the form of blisters, then it is possible that this is a complex disease that combines both allergic and disturbances in the nervous, digestive and immune system. You should consult a doctor to make a diagnosis and start activities to reduce the symptoms of the disease.
Features of the disease
The problem is related to the malfunctioning of certain body systems, this can be reinforced by a genetic predisposition. The disease is not contagious.
Pathology can manifest itself after severe stress, overexertion. Also, diseases of the digestive system, when the body does not absorb any substances, contribute to the occurrence of allergic reactions, which can lead to a diffuse neurodermatitis.
Affect the possibility of the appearance of a problem of somatic disorders and glitches in the work of endocrine glands. A characteristic feature of the disease is a prolonged course of the disease with frequent relapses.
Diffuse neurodermatitis in adults( photo)
Classification of diffuse neurodermatitis
The disease can affect different parts of the body, in the worst case the rash covers the entire skin surface.
- popliteal fossa,
- area of wrist joints,
- brushes( back side),
- chest( upper part),
What is the neurodermatitis, this video will tell:
Causes of appearance and exacerbation of
Why a person falls ill with a diffuse neurodermatitis is unambiguously unknown. However, it is clear to specialists one thing, that in the skin cover there are processes caused by a chronic allergy. The following factors can initiate this phenomenon:
- Influence of substances that act as allergens to humans:
- home dust,
- ingestion of foods capable of involving allergic reactions in the body;
- pollen plants,
- animal wool,
- use of household chemicals.
- Disorders associated with food poisoning, the deterioration of enzyme activity and other problems of the digestive system, leading to disruptions in metabolic processes in the body.
- If the relatives of the patient suffer from allergic diseases, then the genetic predisposition of the patient to the diffuse neurodermatitis can be confirmed.
- Receiving a large number of drugs, especially if the list of drugs have antibiotics, can lead to the onset of the disease. This usually happens if a person underwent long-term treatment for a serious illness.
- If the patient is overloaded with stress, lacks sleep, leads to a disharmonious lifestyle, this can lead to disturbances in the functioning of the autonomic nervous system. As a result, this fact creates the prerequisites for the disease with diffuse neurodermatitis.
Main manifestations of the disease:
- skin rash,
- severe itching in places where the rash has appeared;
- pathological changes in the skin at the lesions: skin pigmentation, the appearance of thick skin, strengthening the skin pattern.
- Symptoms of general malaise appear:
- low pressure,
- weight loss,
- poor health,
- decrease in blood glucose level,
- increased fatigue,
The localization of skin lesions can be different depending on the age of the patient:
- in adult people, all types of lesions that are typical of this disease can occur,
- in infants problems occur more often in places that occur on the flexor surfaces of the limbs and on the face;
- is the same for in older children of , but the affected area can also cover the neck and part of the trunk( upper).
Otherwise, the signs of the disease in different age periods of life are identical.
The disease is identified by its main characteristics:
- Eruptions of a distinctive type: papular elements, urticaria formations that appear after severe, persistent itching.
- With the skin where the lesion has occurred, pathological changes occur: swelling, thickening.
- For diagnosis, pay attention to the localization of problem areas.
The patient is advised to arrange his life in accordance with the rules of a healthy lifestyle:
- to exclude stressful situations,
- not to abuse physical and mental stress, alternate activity with rest pauses;
- to ensure that the time allotted to sleep corresponds to the norm - not less than eight hours;
- to follow a diet: exclude from the diet sharp, fatty, fried foods and foods that can be allergenic;
- also carries out actions to normalize the system, which triggered the onset of the disease.
To ease the patient's condition and reduce the manifestation of the disease, in addition to eliminating irritants, the use of local remedies is shown to maintain skin moisture, reduce inflammation and prevent infection of the affected skin.
All treatment measures are aimed at normalization of the detuned functions:
- restoration of immunity,
- normalization of the nervous system,
- decrease in the body's ability to give allergic reactions
- and normalization of other functions.
Apply physiotherapy. The affected areas are exposed to ultraviolet radiation. It is also recommended to plant areas with rashes for sunbathing.
- therapeutic sleep,
- previous treatments combined with conditioned reflex therapy,
- coniferous baths,
- thermal treatment:
- paraffin baths.
By medicamentous method
In the treatment of the disease, medical preparations must be used.
Hormones are prescribed if treatment with other drugs has not been successful:
Antihistamines are intended for blockade of histamine, which helps to reduce possible allergic reactions:
Soothing agents are used to relieve nervous tension:
- preparations of bromine.
Vitamins strengthen the body's strength:
- ascorbic acid,
- nicotinic acid.
Local anti-inflammatory and antipruritic drugs:
- naftalannaya ointment,
- liquid Mitroshina,
- boron-tar paste,
- liquid Burova,
- silver nitrate( solution)
- extract of aloe.
The folk methods of treating neurodermatitis are described in this video:
Another type of treatment for
The patient is shown to undergo spa treatment. Resorts for the treatment of diseases of this direction are in cities:
- White Church.
Prevention of the disease
To create conditions that prevent the appearance of the disease, it is necessary:
- to avoid using detergents that can cause allergy;
- do not use products that are considered to be allergenic;
- observe the regime of stress and rest, do not overwork;
- ensure that sleep time is sufficient for resting the body;
- develop a philosophy that supports emotional and spiritual health, avoid stressful situations.
The disease causes very severe itching and if it is not relieved and not reassured, the patient constantly combs the lesion. It can result in a violation of the integrity of the skin and its infection. In this case, the disease is burdened with this phenomenon, and additional medical measures are required.
If the problem occurs in infancy, then after prolonged treatment, its symptoms may disappear. The appearance of the disease in a later period, as a rule, makes a prediction regarding the issue of curing the unfavorable.
The disease reacts poorly to treatment procedures. If there is an improvement, then suddenly a relapse may occur. The problem is chronic.