- Contact is the most common form. Contact dermatitis manifests itself immediately or a little later after contact with the stimulus. The area of damage depends on the area of contact, the intensity is determined by the force of the impact. There are 3 forms of contact ailment:
- irritable - usually caused by direct action: thermal, acidic, contact with the plant;
- allergic - the acting factor is the allergen, detergent, for example;
- photocontact - the allergic reaction develops due to the action of light. There are phototoxic and photoallergic.
- Allergic - it takes time to develop it. Allergic reaction is formed several weeks after contact with the stimulus. And with secondary contact, and there is a skin reaction in the form of rash and itching. As a rule, in addition to rashes, the disease is accompanied by severe swelling of the face, lacrimation, abundant discharge of liquid from the nose.
- Atopic is a chronic form of allergic, difficult to treat. In addition to the actual allergen, atopic dermatitis causes stress and nervous shocks. It is characterized by severe itching of the affected area and the appearance of crusts. Appears for the first time in childhood.
- Seborrheic - develops against the background of excessive activity of the sebaceous glands and is often caused by the activation of microflora. The fact is that the secret of the sebaceous glands has pronounced antiseptic properties and protects the scalp and hair. However, with excessive sebum secretion and in the presence of some other factors, the secret loses its properties. In this case, the pathogenic microflora is activated. All together and provokes the appearance of seborrheic dermatitis. It is localized only in the scalp. As such, rashes are not formed here. The disease manifests itself as the accelerated death of horny cells. As a result, a mass of exfoliated scales forms on the skin, which clogs the pores and ducts of the sebaceous glands, which leads to inflammation, irritation, even the appearance of abscesses. Distinguish dry, fatty-liquid and fat thick seborrhea. The most dangerous is the latter, the probability of formation of abscesses and purulent crust is the highest.
- Oral - red and pink spots of dermatitis appear around the mouth, sometimes appear on the eyelids and the bridge of the nose. The disease is caused by contact with a chemical irritant - toothpaste, lipstick, eye shadow, cream. To get rid of the problem, it is enough to abandon the appropriate hygiene or care means.
- Infectious - is a consequence of the transmitted infections - scarlet fever, measles, and also the activation of pathogenic microflora on the wound surfaces. It affects not only the upper, but also deep layers of the skin, requires a protracted and complex treatment.
- Fungal - its pathogen is numerous fungi that live on the skin, and become active under favorable conditions: weakened immunity, constantly moist skin, low resistance to some kind of fungus.
- Ear - received the name for localization. Characterized by skin peeling, the appearance of red crusts and severe itching. The root cause is almost always irritation and mechanical trauma to the auricle.
- Phytodermite - its causes are plants: milky juice from stems, pollen, specific aromatic substances, such as in citrus fruits.
- Dysmenorrheic symmetric dermatitis - it causes insufficient secretion of female sex hormones: estradiol, estriol and so on. Cell receptors in some areas of the skin are sensitive to the level of hormones. If the estrogen hormones are insufficient, red rashes appear on the skin of the face, neck, and shoulder girdle. As a rule, the rash turns into blisters, often large, the formations become wet, and after drying they are covered with crust.
- Itchy bather or schistosomatidny - tserkarioz .Occurs when the skin is damaged by larvae of parasitic worms. It is observed during bathing in stagnant or weakly flowing water, where cercariae accumulate near the coast. The human skin for the larva is rough, the larva perishes, but causes an allergic reaction. As a rule, rashes are accompanied by an increase in temperature.
- Exfoliative - the causative agent of the disease is staphylococcus or streptococcus. Rashes - red flakes, very inflamed, appear on the whole body - trunk, face, limbs. The rash is accompanied by itching and burning, the lymph nodes are usually enlarged. Most often observed in newborns, because their immune system can not yet resist the pathogenic microflora.
- Diaper is another kind of pure child dermatitis. Redness and swelling is observed when air is insufficient in conditions of high humidity, that is, under diapers or in diapers, if they are not often changed. On the skin, uric acid and ammonia accumulate, together with friction they act as strong irritating factors.
- Purple - differs a specific kind: at the first stage plaques of yellow or crimson color arise. Then bright red "young" spots appear on the boundaries of the plaques, while the color of the central "old" spot changes. It spreads throughout the body. Itching is usually absent.
- Follicular - its characteristic feature is spherical acne. When the skin is deeply affected, swelling with purulent contents is formed. The causative agent of follicular dermatitis is staphylococcus, yeast-like fungi and so on. In fact, this is one form of infectious dermatitis.
- Crawler - lepidopterism .Due to the irritation caused by the hairs on the body of caterpillars and butterflies. The severity of the damage depends on the individual sensitivity to this irritant. The disease develops immediately after contact, but it is kept quite a long time.
- Hives is an acute inflammatory disease. On the skin quickly appear large blisters, the skin is very itchy. By appearance, urticaria resembles burns from the nettle.
- Radiation - exposure to ionizing radiation can lead to inflammation and irritation of the skin. The degree of severity depends on the strength of the irradiation.
- Durings herpetiform dermatitis is a polymorphic form in which there are simultaneously bubbles on the same skin area filled with fluids, papules are painful seals, and erythema red round spots. The disease is accompanied by severe itching. It can spread to the entire body, but more often on the shoulders shoulder area, buttocks, folds of legs and hands.
- Bulbar - is caused by many factors. It differs from other forms by the formation of large numerous blisters with liquid contents. May be accompanied by burning and redness.
Inflammatory skin diseases there is quite a lot. Those of them that are caused by an allergic reaction - slow or immediate, belong to the category of allergic dermatoses. Dermatitis also belongs to this group of skin ailments.
What is dermatitis
Dermatitis is a heterogeneous skin disease caused by a variety of factors:
- physical - dermatitis can be caused by frostbite, electric shock, insect bite - a very common cause of allergy, sunburn;
- chemical - the most "popular" representative of this category - household chemicals. However, too, the effect can cause cosmetics, dyes, building materials. Quite often, the cause may be medications;
- biological - weakening of the immune system, stress, poor living conditions. Hereditary predisposition to allergy also belongs to this category.
Symptoms of dermatitis coincide with many inflammatory allergic reactions. In fact, this is the reaction of the skin to the stimulus. The severity of symptoms is determined by the severity of the disease:
- acute form - appears immediately after contact with the stimulus and disappears as soon as the contact is interrupted;
- subacute - symptoms persist after contact disappears;
- chronic - is formed due to periodic contact with the stimulus for a long time. In this case, the disappearance of the provoking factor is not enough for healing.
What is dermatitis, see in the video below:
Types of dermatitis
Classify ailments most often in relation to the nature of the pathogen. There are many types of disease.
Types of dermatitis( photos with names)
The spread and localization of dermatitis is directly related to the damaging factor. If we are talking about an external factor, as it happens with contact dermatitis, then first of all the site that contacts the stimulus is affected. That is, with allergies to household chemicals, it is likely to be hands, with allergies to pollen, the rash will appear in the nasolabial folds, near the nose and eyes, when reacting to a bite of insects, dermatitis will be observed at the site of the bite.
- If the irritating factor is the weakening of the immune system, a breakdown in the endocrine system, and the rash appears on those parts of the skin that are associated with the root cause of the disease. So for dysmenorrheic symmetrical dermatitis, inflammations and papules appear on the face, neck and shoulders, where the skin receptors are sensitive to the level of estrogens.
- With seborrheic dermatitis, rashes and plaques are formed on sites with a large number of sebaceous glands: the scalp, nasolabial folds, and back.
- There is also perianal dermatitis.
About types of dermatitis on the hands will tell this video:
Common signs of
Differences in different types of dermatitis, of course, are available. However, the common clinical signs in most cases coincide:
- site of inflamed reddened skin - erythema. If it is a chronic disease, then redness may not be;
- itching - usually very strong. However, in some forms it is absent. Its intensity depends on the degree of irritation of nerve fibers;
- puffiness - sometimes swelling not only affected skin, but also areas of the body prone to fluid accumulation - face, for example, hands;
- rash - the shape, size and color of the rash depends on the type of ailment;
- blisters, blisters - are formed in most cases. The size and tenderness of them depends not so much on the species as on the severity of the disease;
- burning - not observed in all cases, typical for photodermatitis;
- coarsening of the upper layer of the skin - after the appearance of peeling of the crust, the skin under it loses its elasticity;
- peeling - especially abundant with seborrheic form.
In some cases, dermatitis is accompanied by fever, increased lymph nodes, sometimes nausea and vomiting. The severity of symptoms depends on the severity of the ailment and the individual sensitivity to the allergen that causes irritation.
Diagnosis of any ailment begins with examination of the patient and assessment of complaints. Additional information is provided by localization, but in this case the lesion zone indicates the cause of irritation rather than the state of the organism. Diagnosis itself dermatitis does not cause difficulties, since its symptoms are quite specific.
Laboratory tests are needed in order to accurately determine the irritant factor and to investigate the sensitivity of the patient to any of the allergens. Without this, it is impossible to build the right treatment tactics.
Assign the following tests:
- a general blood test - allows you to assess the level of white blood cells. With inflammation it is elevated;
- biochemical blood test - allows you to install allergens. The level of immunoglobulins depends on the presence or absence of certain allergens;
- seeding of excretion from the source of inflammation - thus determine whether there are fungi, bacteria, microorganisms in the liquid to be separated;
- bak-sowing of secreted fluid - in this case, the patient's sensitivity to different antibiotics is clarified. The latter include a course of therapy;
- immunogram is recommended for use in cases where there are persistent concomitant infections;
- analysis of feces - give information about dysbiosis. The latter is the cause of many types of dermatitis;
- stool analysis for parasite content;
- skin tests - conducted with contact dermatitis. Thus, an allergy of a former origin is established.
In addition, ultrasound and other additional tests may be prescribed.
Drugs for the treatment of
Treatment for dermatitis is selected individually. Depending on the severity of the disease, the stage of development, the nature of the allergen and the expressiveness of the reaction, drugs are selected, varying their dose to obtain a minimum therapeutic dose. Treatment includes both preparations for internal use, and external.
- Required element - the elimination of the stimulus, for which it must be installed. In some cases this is enough to make the symptoms of dermatitis disappear after a few hours or days.
- With infectious or fungal dermatitis, primary treatment is aimed at the destruction of viruses, fungi, bacteria. Only after removal of the pathogen begin to treat the skin disease.
- Damaged areas undergo antiseptic treatment - chlorhexidine, for example.
- Assign also anti-inflammatory and antibacterial drugs - erythromycin, levomycitin.
- If there are bubbles, they need to be pierced, but the sheath will not be removed until she exfoliates naturally. If blisters are absent, then a patch of ointment on a corticosteroid base is applied to the dermatitis foci - hydrocortisone, prednisolone. The dressing is held for a short time, the duration is determined by the doctor.
- When wetting dermatitis, bandages impregnated with Burov's fluid are applied to the affected areas.
- When an acute form of a disease or a severe stage is prescribed corticosteroids inside. The most commonly used prednisolone: 2 weeks, first at 70 mg / day, and then reducing the dose every day by 5 mg.
- Absorbent intake helps to excite pathogens and breakdown products. Suitable even for simple activated charcoal.
- To remove the itch, prescribe antihistamines: suprastin, cetirizine.
A mandatory component of therapeutic treatment is a special diet from which all products that are potential allergens are excluded. These include smoked meat, pickles, eggs and milk, many dried fruits, tropical fruits, coffee, cocoa, chocolate, all desserts, complex sauces, like mayonnaise. The daily ration at the beginning of treatment can include only low-allergenic products: lean boiled fish, pearl barley, zucchini, cucumbers, dried fruits from pears and apples. If none of these products cause dermatitis, gradually in the diet include products from the middle category: lamb, buckwheat, potatoes, green fruit.
Dermatitis is diverse, caused by a variety of factors. To protect yourself from illness, you must lead a healthy lifestyle: follow the rules of hygiene, use rich in vitamins, and not carbohydrates products, more to move.
Dermatitis in the child, its types and symptoms - the subject of the video below: