Modern medicine has not yet received a convincing answer to the question of what causes such a serious damage to the skin of a person, like squamous lichen, or psoriasis. This disease has a number of characteristic manifestations that allow it to be detected at the earliest stages of development, which makes it possible to timely stop its progression. However, you should know that a complete cure for this condition is impossible;modern medicine offers certain methods of influence, which allow to stop the pathological process, reduce its external manifestations and stabilize the patient's condition.
Due to skin lesion, which gradually deepens and covers all new areas of healthy skin, the application of the most effective methods of treatment allows us to talk about the possibility of influencing this unpleasant disease. Accompanied by a variety of characteristic symptoms, psoriasis worsens the overall quality of life of the patient, forcing him to avoid society and destabilizing the state of the psyche. Today we will talk about the symptoms and treatment of traditional, as well as folk remedies of scaly foxes in humans, review his photos and give you useful tips.
Features of the disease
Scaly follicle can occur at almost any age, but this skin lesion is most often recorded at a young age: from the time of puberty( 16-18 years), its incidence increases( up to 23 years), then its incidence is significantlydecreases. However, as medical statistics show, psoriasis, or squamous lice, can also occur at a younger age, and in the older. Registered cases of its manifestations, even at the age of 65-75 years. And since the causes of this lesion are not fully understood, the disease is difficult to affect, and identifying it at the earliest stages makes it possible to obtain the most pronounced results of treatment.
Men and women suffer from psoriasis with approximately the same frequency. Children at a younger age( up to 5 years) suffer from scaly lichen less often than adults, but there are also data on the occurrence of this lesion in newborn children. Much here depends on heredity, the impact of environmental factors( especially the factor of ecology - in ecologically unfavorable areas the disease occurs more often, and progresses more quickly), as well as the lifestyle of the patient and the treatment provided. And in order to recover most quickly, one should constantly monitor the condition of the skin and, in case of any unfavorable changes, consult a doctor for a complete examination.
In the form of skin lesions, squamous lichen can have several stages of its development, which differ both in signs and in the area of the lesion. Depending on the stage of the pathological process and the patient's susceptibility to the therapeutic effect, medical care consists in reducing the manifestations of the disease, stabilizing the patient's overall condition, and increasing the body's resistance to prolong the period of remission.
Scaly lichen on the head( photo)
Scaly lichen can appear on the most different parts of the human body. In this case, the symptomatology is characteristic, and the methods of therapeutic effect are approximately similar. And depending on the meta localization of the pathological process, a classification of psoriasis can be carried out. It looks like this:
- Head skin psoriasis - the affected skin of the scalp forms plaques that have a larger volume and protrude significantly above the healthy areas of the skin. In this case, the most often affected more whiskey, the back of the neck, the upper part of the neck.
- Psoriasis of the palms of the is accompanied by the formation on the skin of the palms of areas with an excessively frequently dividing skin, which has an increased dryness. Sometimes it forms blisters with a clear liquid inside. At the beginning of remission in this area, visible scars remain on the skin, the skin becomes coarser and stiffer, its sensitivity decreases. This form is recognized as the most serious and dangerous.
- Psoriasis of the nail plate , which in its turn is divided into two types:
- psoriasis in the form of a thimble, at which the nail shape changes with the formation of pronounced dents and pits;
- by the form of onychomycosis, which is characterized by ulceration of the entire nail plate, as manifested in the progression of the fungal disease.
- Pediatric psoriasis has slightly different manifestations in adults of this skin lesion. First, there are areas with high humidity in the area of skin folds, which gradually become more sensitive, dry scales appear with gradual formation of characteristic plaques.
Depending on the site of localization, different methods of medicinal action can be used to eliminate the characteristic symptomatology as soon as possible, however the general scheme of the medicinal effect will be similar.
About scaly lichen will tell this video:
Reasons of occurrence of
Although the exact reasons provoking overly active division of skin cells and the formation of psoriasis plaques have not been fully studied to date, there are a number of factors provoking this skin lesion.
The causes of this disease include the following:
- hereditary factor - in the presence of immediate relatives with similar skin lesions the risk of its manifestation in children is greatly increased;
- frequent contact with chemical aggressive agents;
- accommodation in an environmentally unfavorable cold climate;
- frequent stresses, depressive conditions;
- recurring infectious diseases, immunodeficiency virus.
Also to provoking factors it is necessary to carry especially thin and sensitive skin, use of medicines for any ailments that considerably worsens the work of the human immune system, excessive frequent personal hygiene, which disturbs the natural balance of the skin and becomes more susceptible to external factors.
On how the squamous lichen in an adult and children looks, read below.
To the manifestations of squamous lichen, numerous changes of the skin should be attributed, in which there is a strong itching, burning of the skin. Any changes in the skin condition should be the reason for contacting a dermatologist, which will reveal the disease in its initial state, when the drug effect will have the greatest effect.
Also to manifestations of scaly lichen are the following manifestations:
- reddening of the affected skin;
- formation of plaques with dry thickened skin on it, which stand out significantly against the background of healthy skin;
- The reddish areas of the affected skin inside the psoriasis spots have dry skin particles that are constantly divided and separated from the skin.
Diagnosis of Scaly Leaf
Detection of the initial stage of the disease allows the timely neutralization of the pathological process, which will allow to limit the lesions, exclude further progression of the disease. And although squamous lice can not be completely cured, a significant improvement in the patient's condition is quite achievable with the timely diagnosis of the disease.
The diagnostic methods include:
- general examination of affected skin areas,
- taking to conduct a laboratory study of an affected piece of skin.
Now we learn how to treat squamous lichen and see photos of patients.
About diagnostics and treatment of such ailment as squamous lishai will tell this video:
Thanks to the timely started treatment, it becomes possible to speedily improve the patient's condition, removing the most acute symptoms of the disease. For the removal of itching and burning, medicines are considered to be the most effective, various therapeutic and medicinal methods should be used to relieve nervous tension and to avoid the onset of depressive conditions.
- To relieve nervous tension, the use of relaxation is recommended, autogenic training. Making changes in your life that will avoid stressful situations will also make it possible to avoid provoking the effect of such factors.
- Ultraviolet radiation will allow to dry the affected skin areas, to suspend the development of the disease on it. The influence of ultraviolet in the treatment of psoriasis should be strictly normalized, which will prevent excessive drying of the skin, normalizing the pH level on it.
- Phytotherapy also positively affects the affected areas: decoctions, infusions of medicinal plants can remove itching, burning of the skin, improve its condition, improve elasticity and eliminate the effects of peeling.
The use of medications is also used in the treatment of scaly lichen. And the complex effect, combining medications and methods of traditional medicine, therapeutic methods allow to stabilize the skin condition rather quickly, to eliminate most of the symptoms of the disease.
Antihistamines are used to relieve allergic reactions( burning, itching of the skin, rashes on it).Elimination of inflammatory processes is possible with the use of antibacterial drugs, which bring a greater effect in the presence of a parallel current pathological process of an infectious nature.
Retinoids are used to stop pathological processes in skin cells, reducing the appearance of peeling and unduly rapid division. Immunosuppressants also stop the rapid division of cells, relieve inflammation and provide greater resistance to the skin to its further damage. With the help of cytostatics it becomes possible to prevent the possibility of the formation of new plaques.
In the diagnosis of psoriasis, surgical treatment is usually not prescribed.
Prevention of the disease
As the preventive measures, the following measures can be recommended:
- regulation of the regime of day, sleep and rest;
- nutrition adjustment using healthy foods, the predominance of healthy foods;
- wearing natural materials that allow the skin to "breathe" without being too tightly attached;
- monitoring of the skin condition to prevent the development of this pathology.
Regular inspection of your skin will help to keep her healthy.
Psoriasis, being a serious and incurable skin lesion, can have a number of complications that bring discomfort to the patient and can pose a danger to his health. As complications of squamous lichen can act eczema of the skin, an increase in the area of damage, deepening the process.
Survival in psoriasis is high( 94-99%), however, if the treatment effect is insufficient or the body is immune to it, the survival rate may decrease and make up 85-89%.
More information about squamous ring contains this video: