Such a lesion of the skin as erosion, often bothers men, women. This pathology can occur on any part of the body. But nevertheless, we note that erosive lesions are mainly localized on the epithelium of the face, genitals, hands, mucous membrane of the oral cavity, and also in the area of natural folds.
About the signs and symptoms of skin erosion, its causes of appearance and methods of treatment in women and men will tell you today.
What is erosion on the skin
Erosion( from the Latin erosio - "corroding").It is a superficial defect on the epithelium, which does not affect the basal membrane, the underlying layers. This lesion of the skin after healing does not leave a scar. Usually, erosion on the skin is caused by the inflammatory process.
These epithelial lesions are different in size, shape. They appear after the rupture of the blisters of the blisters, small bubbles, papules, pustules. Maceration( swelling of tissues, their impregnation with liquid) of the epidermis in the folds can also cause erosion. After the formation of erosions, the patient has a burning sensation, pain, and sadness.
In some cases, temporary pigmentation or hypopigmentation may occur in the area of the erosive process.
Skin erosion( photo)
Specialists offer this classification of erosive lesions of the dermis.
- Bubble dermatosis. This group includes pemphigus, bullous epidermolysis.
- Traumatic( pathimymia).
- Circulatory failure. This group includes such diseases as: Martorell's ulcer, trophic ulcers of arterial genesis, neurotrophic ulcers, trophic ulcers of venous origin.
- Infectious inflammation. This group includes tuberculosis, pyoderma( chancriiform pyoderma, chronic ulcerative vegetative pyoderma, ectima), leishmaniasis, mycobacteriosis.
- Inflammatory vascular disease. These include gangrenous pyoderma, vasculitis( nodular periarteritis, Wegener's granulomatosis).
How to identify a symptom in yourself
To detect erosion is very simple. It is represented by a defect in the skin, which is characterized by a pinkish-red color. Erosion repeats the size of the primary element( papules, bladder, pustules) from which it was formed. Such defeat has the form of an oval, a circle. Only rarely do erosions occur in irregular shapes. The bottom of the erosion is smooth, glistening.
In order to establish the cause of the erosive process, in addition to a visual examination of the specialist, the following diagnostic methods must also be taken:
- Allergen test.
- Blood test( clinical / biochemical).
- Polymerase chain reaction.
- Microscopy of scraping, which was removed from the bottom of the erosion.
- Biopsy study( histological).
About the causes of the erosion of the skin of the hands, the legs of the face and the body will tell you further.
What diseases and disorders can be symptomatic of
The formation of erosion of the dermis can be a consequence of the development of such unpleasant diseases:
- Bullous epidermolysis. A group of diseases in which blisters and erosions form on the skin, mucous membranes. Skin becomes very sensitive, their vulnerability increases.
- Pyoderma. This disease is represented by a purulent inflammatory process that can act as a primary disease or as a complication of an infectious disease. The disease is caused by bacteria( staphylococcal, streptococcal).
- Neurotrophic ulcers. Their appearance is due to a violation of the innervation of a certain part of the body. Most often they are formed on the limbs.
- Leishmaniasis. This is a group of parasitic, vector-borne diseases, the occurrence of which provokes parasites from a number of Leishmania. These parasites penetrate into the human body when bitten by a mosquito.
- Pemphigus. This skin disease is very rare. He is characterized by formation on the skin, mucous membranes of painful blisters. This disease belongs to autoimmune disorders.
- Patomimia. This traumatic pathology is represented by an action that is self-destructive. Individuals cause a variety of injuries( burns, cuts, bites) to their bodies. The disease is caused by a defect in mental functioning.
- Vasculitis. This pathology is represented by a group of diseases, based on the inflammation of the walls of blood vessels. Inflammatory process covers simultaneously several organs, tissues of the body.
- Ulcer Martorella. It is represented by painful ulcers that form on the lower leg due to hypertension.
On how you can treat the erosion of the skin at home and how the cracks are handled, let us explain below.
How to deal with such a sign
Treatment of erosions formed on the skin, involves the cure of the underlying disease, which provoked the development of an erosive process. The patient should always eliminate the effects of damaging factors.
When skin erosions are prescribed:
- Corticosteroid hormones.
- Wound healing ointments.
- Stimulators of peripheral blood circulation.
- Means made on the basis of hyaluronic acid salts.
Eliminating the cause of erosion, experts guarantee the patient a favorable prognosis. If the treatment of the underlying disease is left without attention, erosion can turn into ulcers, and negligence is dangerous to secondary infection.