This figure is intended to draw attention to the "dangerous" symptoms that can accompany ischemic stroke. The need for early diagnosis is due to the short period of time during which adequate treatment is possible. After 4 hours from the moment the first signs of pathology appear, the chances of a full restoration of the patient's health and the functions of his organs are dramatically reduced.
You should immediately consult a doctor if sudden the occurrence of the symptoms indicated in the figure, as well as:
- With the sudden appearance of spots (cattle), flickering stripes and stars in front of the eyes and other types of visual impairment for an hour or more.
- The occurrence of tingling and running creeps, accompanied by a decrease in the sensitivity of the limb, especially with a unilateral lesion.
- With a sharp, "unusual" headache, which has never been before, especially in combination with vomiting.
- With an acute violation of swallowing, choking with saliva, changing the timbre of the voice (nasal).
- Loss of memory, sudden disorientation of the victim in space and time (from a feeling of fog in the head to stunnedness).
When providing first aid, it is necessary to immediately call the ambulance team, if possible, describing the symptoms to the dispatcher, the victim should in no case be left alone.
- Before the arrival of doctors, monitor the person's condition (pulse, respiratory rate, blood pressure measurement, skin color, level of consciousness, presence of seizures).
- If possible, lay the patient down by raising his head and shoulder girdle. When vomiting and seizures, the head should be turned to one side (preventing vomit from entering the respiratory tract).
- If there are dentures, food in the oral cavity, then they must be removed immediately.
- Provide airflow by unbuttoning the patient's garment and removing the belt from the patient. Then open the window.
- Do not allow the person to eat or drink, much less give any medications.
- In the absence of breathing and pulse, the victim is shown pulmonary cardiac resuscitation, it should be performed only with an adequate level of training. Each person needs to take care of this in advance.