Cyphran is an antimicrobial agent that has a broad spectrum of action and is a category of fluoroquinolones. The principle of the drug is based on the inhibition of the enzyme of bacterial microorganisms.
In addition, the drug disrupts the synthesis of DNA.With the help of digital, it is possible to increase the permeability of the bacterial cell membrane. At the same time, it produces a bactericidal effect on microorganisms that are in a state of rest and reproduction.
Indications for use
The digital is prescribed for the therapy of infectious diseases, which are sensitive to the drug. This group includes mixed pathologies, which are associated with the action of two or more microorganisms. The agent can be used to treat diseases caused by multidrug-resistant bacteria.
The main indications for the use of the remedy include the following:
- Lesions of ENT organs.Цифран it is possible to use at an acute tonsillitis, a pharyngitis, an otitis, a genyantritis. It helps to cope with sinu
sitis and often gives positive results in purulent angina before determining its origin.
- Infectious diseases of the respiratory system. These include pneumonia, an infectious form of pleurisy, an abscess of the lungs. Tsifran successfully copes with relapses of chronic bronchitis, treats empyema, infected bronchiectasis, bronchopneumonia. It can be used to treat pulmonary infections in cystic fibrosis. Infectious pathology of the urinary tract. This category includes cystitis, prostatitis, urethritis. Tsifran is used for the treatment of acute and chronic forms of pyelonephritis, epididymitis.
- Gonorrhea. It helps to treat rectal, urethral and pharyngeal forms of the disease.
- Infections of the epithelium and soft tissues. These include an infected ulcer, burns, abscesses.
- Gynecological diseases. Tsifran copes with salpingitis, inflammation of the pelvic organs, endometritis.
- Systemic infections. This category includes infections in people with impaired immunity, septicemia, bacteremia.
- Infections of bone structures. These include septic arthritis, osteomyelitis.
- Other infectious pathologies. This group includes cholera, bacterial form of diarrhea, cholangitis, peritonitis, typhoid fever. The drug helps with empyema of the gallbladder and cholecystitis.
Dosage forms of
Undoubtedly the advantage of the drug is the variety of forms of release. It can be used in the form of ordinary tablets.
Also on sale are preparations with a membrane that dissolves in the intestine, infusion solutions, drops and ointments, solutions for injections.
Tablets contain ciprofloxacin in a volume of 250 or 500 mg. In each blister - 10 tablets.
Vials with a solution for infusion have a volume of 100 ml. In 1 ml, 2 mg of the active ingredient is present.
Schemes of application of digiton
The scheme of therapy of this drug should be selected individually - it all depends on the pathogen, the degree of complexity of the disease, the patient's age, body weight and kidney function.
- If intravenous injections are shown, the single dose should not exceed 200-400 mg. In this case, the drug is used twice a day. The duration of drip infusion solutions is half an hour at a dosage of 200 mg. If the application of 400 mg of the drug is indicated, it is administered for an hour.
- When infectious lesions of ENT organs - the ears, throat or nose - are prescribed 500-750 mg of the drug. This amount should be taken after 12 hours. After normalizing the temperature and stopping all the symptoms of the disease, therapy continues for at least 3 days.
- Children are prescribed only if absolutely necessary. In this case, the result of use should exceed the risk of side effects. Dosage for children over 12 years depends on weight. The daily volume is calculated based on a proportion of 5-10 mg per kg of body weight.
- In case of problems in the functioning of the kidneys, a dosage adjustment is required. With the clearance of creatinine 30-50, the daily volume is 500-1000 mg. If this indicator is less than 29 or the patient is on hemodialysis, the drug is prohibited.
In addition, the drug is contraindicated in pregnant women. You can not use it during lactation. Ciprofloxacin is able to overcome the placental barrier and penetrate into the mother's milk. Experimental studies have shown that the drug can provoke the development of arthropathy.
Interaction with other drugs
With the combination of ciprofloxacin and didanosine, the absorption of the active component of digitan decreases. This is due to the formation of complexons with magnesium and aluminum buffers.
If you combine this drug with warfarin, the threat of bleeding increases. When a combination of digital and theophylline is a risk of increasing the level of theophylline in the blood. As a result, the toxic load on the body increases.
Photo of a digit in tablets
Side effects of
Numerous can provoke a number of side effects:
- The digestive organs react to the use of the drug with nausea, vomiting, increased activity of liver transaminases, pain in the abdomen. Also a person can develop pseudomembranous colitis.
- In the defeat of the nervous system, headaches, insomnia, fatigue, dizziness occur. The patient may have problems with vision, fainting, hallucinations.
- The urinary system can respond to the use of the drug with the development of polyuria, hematuria, crystalluria. In addition, there is a risk of dysuria, glomerulonephritis and albuminuria. Some people in the blood serum increase the amount of creatinine.
- The hematopoiesis system reacts to the use of the drug by the development of leukopenia, neuroepenia, eosinophilia. In addition, she threatened to change the level of platelets.
- If there is a violation in the work of the heart and blood vessels, there is a risk of tachycardia, a decrease in pressure, problems with the heart rhythm.
- Some people develop an allergy. It manifests itself in the form of itching, arthralgia, urticaria. In more complex cases, Quincke's edema or Stevens-Johnson syndrome develops.
The following contraindications to the use of the medicine include:
- age is up to 15 years;
- high sensitivity to the ingredients of the drug and other drugs from the group of fluoroquinolones.
The digital differs by its active and rather fast action. Due to this pathogenic microorganisms simply do not have time to form resistance to the drug.
Cyphrane can be combined with other antibacterial drugs. Doctors can combine with penicillins and aminoglycosides. Due to this, the effect of these means is enhanced.
For medicines, a low index of inhibitory concentration is characteristic. Therefore, the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms requires a small amount of funds.
The resistance of bacteria to the active component develops rather slowly. Therefore, it is used more often than other antibacterial drugs. Moreover, the digit can be drunk by a longer course.
Video instructions to the digital:
The drug should be stored out of the children's access area. It is best to keep it in a dry place at a temperature of 10-25 degrees.
The average cost depends on the amount of the active ingredient and the form of release of the remedy. Tablets containing 250 mg of ciprofloxacin cost between 45 and 70 rubles. The drug, which contains 500 mg of active ingredient, will cost an average of 55-90 rubles.
The following preparations can be classified as possible analogues of the drug substance:
Cyphran is an effective tool that is active in the treatment of bacterial infections of the ENT organs. To cope with the disease, it is very important to consult a doctor in time. The otolaryngologist will select the optimal therapy scheme depending on the severity of the pathology, the age category, the presence of other diseases.