Hemorrhoids, if suddenly it happened, very much hinders to live - knots are sore, sore, prevent defecation, bleed. This disease is, of course, unpleasant, but completely curable, if the problem is not to start.
At the moment, a very large selection of drugs is available to treat this unpleasant disease at home. The most popular are local remedies presented in the form of ointments and suppositories, very often one medicine is produced in these two forms.
Ointments are more convenient to apply to external hemorrhoids, and candles will help ease the condition with internal hemorrhoids. The composition of most drugs from hemorrhoids include natural components that are not practically absorbed into the blood. Therefore, the use of certain suppositories and ointments for the treatment of this disease is permitted during pregnancy and lactation.
In this article we will try to choose the best candles from hemorrhoids, which are the most effective, but at the same time inexpensive. Leave your feedback
about the drugs in the comments.
Application of suppositories for hemorrhoids
Medicinal candles from hemorrhoids, offered in pharmacies, are effective enough and can significantly reduce acute pain, itching and burning. The mechanism of action of suppositories lies in their ability to melt at temperatures above 31 ° C and transition to a liquid state.
The achieves the following effects:
- rapid absorption of drugs;
- local effects of the drug on the affected area;
- ease of administration;
- painless application;
- no stress on the digestive tract.
In order to make candles free from hemorrhoids, it is best to lie on your side. You can stand and lean forward slightly, but this complicates the procedure. Do not need to hold the remedy for a long time, because it melts. With your free hand, you need to spread the buttocks and insert the candle so that it passes into the ampulla of the rectum, passing the sphincter. For a less painful introduction, you can lubricate the end of the candle with petroleum jelly or baby cream.
Read also, effective ointments from hemorrhoids for treatment at home.
Kinds of candles for the treatment of hemorrhoids
Unequivocally answer the question what candles from hemorrhoids are best is very difficult. The choice depends on the symptoms and course of the disease. To make it more convenient to determine the effective drug, they were divided into groups:
- Pain relief candles - their action is aimed at the removal of pain, itching, burning. The main active substances in their composition are analgesic drugs - novocaine, anesthesin. Most often used in the first stages of the disease. This is Procto-Glivenol, Ketonal.
- anti-inflammatory candles are shown to virtually all patients, because in their composition - only natural substances. This sea buckthorn oil, propolis, St. John's wort extract, tea tree oil. It is impossible to apply them only to those patients who had cases of allergy to some natural substance. In addition to candles with oils and extracts of plants, "Anuzol", "Neo-Anusolum", "Relief", "Proctosan" and "Posterizan" also help.
- Haemostatic candles are designed to stop bleeding, which can cause anemia, and in the absence of treatment, lead to death. As part of the hemostatic candles, calcium, vicasol, and dicinone are present. The effect of using such candles is an increase in the rate of coagulation of the blood. They are used usually in the last stage of hemorrhoids.
- Candles with adrenaline .This product has excellent hemostatic and analgesic effect. However, adrenaline increases the pressure, so this method is mainly used by young patients.
- Candles with belladonna .Have analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect. In its composition contains natural ingredients. Instruction to the drug recommends using it for hemorrhoids of varying severity, as well as cracks in the anus. Despite the naturalness of the drug, it has a number of contraindications, so do not use them yourself. Candles with Propolis .A common, affordable and effective drug for the treatment of hemorrhoids, which removes inflammatory processes, reduce the size of hemorrhoids, have analgesic, antimicrobial effect.
- Candles of combined property .These effective candles from hemorrhoids in its composition have several substances with different properties. For example, combined drugs may have an analgesic and hemostatic effect. This group includes candles from hemorrhoids and cracks "Relief Advance", "Procto-gliwenol", "Proctoside" and others. All these drugs have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous properties.
As you can see, the choice of effective candles and ointments from hemorrhoids depends on the prevailing symptom - bleeding, pain, itching or inflammation of the skin around the anus.
Effective and inexpensive candles for hemorrhoids: list of
Among the best candles that are used to treat hemorrhoids at home are the following:
- Proctosan .A complex drug that exerts an anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and bactericidal effect. Price: 220-270 rub
- Ultraprotect .Has antipruritic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect. Price: 400-470 rub.
- Procto-gliwenol .It consists of two active substances - lidocaine and tribenozide. These rectal suppositories have anti-inflammatory, venotonic and local anesthetic properties. Price: 350-400 rub.
- Relief Advance .The shark liver oil included in the composition has an anti-inflammatory and haemostatic effect, promotes rapid wound healing. Anesthetic benzocaine is used as an anesthetic. Used to relieve inflammation and anesthesia. The price is 350 rubles.
- Relief Ultra .The drug has anti-inflammatory, drying, wound-healing and astringent properties. The price is 330-380 rubles.
- Hepatrombin G .It has anticoagulant, anti-allergic and anti-exsudative action. The substances included in the preparation accelerate the regeneration of tissues, stimulating metabolic processes. The price of 170 rubles.
- Proctosedi .They have a local anesthetic, antipruritic and anti-inflammatory properties. The composition contains substances that block the pain syndrome. The price is 300-350 rubles. Candles with Propolis .Have analgesic properties. For their preparation, it is necessary to mix an aqueous solution of propolis with an ointment base. It can be Vaseline, butter or lanolin. The price is 160-200 rubles. Candles with sea buckthorn .Used in complex therapy or in contraindications to other suppositories( in pregnancy), sea buckthorn oil promotes the rapid healing of damaged tissues, stimulates the reparative processes of the mucous membranes and on the skin. Price: 100 rub.
Each type of rectal candles from hemorrhoids is designed to eliminate the causes and symptoms of a particular type of disease due to substances contained in the composition, so the drug is administered individually.
Candles from hemorrhoids during pregnancy
The first rule in pregnancy - not to engage in self-medication .For any reason, including about hemorrhoids, you should consult a doctor, because not all drugs can be used during this period.
Under the supervision of medical personnel, such candles may be recommended:
- Bleeding Extract;
- Candles with sea buckthorn oil;
- Glycerin suppositories.
As for the other drugs, has certain limitations :
- Hepatrombin G - from the second trimester;
- Relief - with extreme caution;
- Relief Advance - not applicable;
- Relief ultra - from the fourth month;
- Procto-Glivenol - from the second trimester, as prescribed by the doctor;
- Aurobin: according to the instructions you can apply from the second trimester;
- Proctosedil - it is impossible;
- Ultraprokt - it is possible only in the most extreme case.
In general, rectal suppositories can be used in pregnancy, but preferably only those that are made from natural, vegetable bases. Such drugs have fewer contraindications, have a milder and more gentle effect, do not show any side effects.
When can not use rectal suppositories
Contraindications for the administration of suppositories for hemorrhoids:
- stable hypertension;
- active form of tuberculosis;
- ulcers and erosion of the rectum;
- strong general swelling;
- allergy to candle components;
- infectious inflammatory diseases and development of tumors in the rectum;
- diabetes mellitus, complicated by disorders of immunity and trophic foot disorders.
Remember that the treatment of hemorrhoids should not be limited to the use of candles. A set of measures to combat the disease includes a change in lifestyle, increased motor activity, proper nutrition, the rejection of bad habits.
Seabuckthorn candles from hemorrhoids
This plant-based preparation has not lost its popularity for many years. The traditional version of suppositories, which include only sea buckthorn oil, or the drug Olesesin, additionally enriched with analgesic and antimicrobial components.
Sea-buckthorn candles have a positive effect on the inflamed mucous membrane of the intestine, significantly speed up the regeneration processes, which can successfully cope with cracks and other damages.
Ichthyol suppositories for hemorrhoids
In the early stages of hemorrhoids, rectal ichthyol suppositories are widely used for rapid analgesia and effective removal of inflammation, which is based on the active antimicrobial action of the drug.
Candles with ichthyol for hemorrhoids are often prescribed. They have a pronounced anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory and disinfecting properties reducing painful sensations in connection with these effects, and contribute to the rapid healing of cracks in the anus.