The diet for this disease involves adding to the diet of foods rich in proteins, as well as reducing the intake of fats and carbohydrates. Let's consider in more detail what can be used for pancreatitis in food:
- In case of chronic disease, during remission, patients are allowed to eat fruit in raw, boiled and stewed. It is acceptable to use dried fruits, compotes and berry sauce. You can also eat melon, bananas, strawberries, green apples. Fruits, which include coarse fiber, should be excluded from the diet, especially in the phase of exacerbation of the disease.
- Boiled or baked vegetables: beets, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, sweet pepper, spinach will not harm the health. The use of tomatoes is permissible in chronic pancreatitis only during remission, when patients have no pain and inflammation.
- Yoghurt, kefir, yogurt and cottage cheese, whose fat content is less than 9%, can be distinguished among dairy products. Milk is not recommended to drink in its pure form, however it
is permissible to use it when preparing various dishes.
- Low-fat meat, for example, boiled lean veal, beef or rabbit.
- You can have pasta, seasoned with cream or sunflower oil. However, it should be borne in mind that with pancreatitis per day, it is permissible to consume no more than 20 grams of butter. Baked or boiled fish: pike, pike perch, cod.
- Boiled chicken, turkey. Stale white bread and biscuits.
- For permitted drinks in pancreatitis, you can include jelly, green tea, herbal medicinal broth and medicinal mineral water.
When pancreatitis is not recommended the use of strong tea, coffee and various alcoholic beverages. Avoid fatty, and fried foods, as well as spicy seasonings and spices.
How to eat properly when pancreatitis?
Dietary nutrition includes certain rules that patients must adhere to throughout their life. How correctly to eat at a pancreatitis? First of all, it should be remembered that with this disease, meals should be frequent enough, approximately, every 4 hours. In addition, during the meal, you must avoid the abundance of food, it is desirable that it consisted of small portions.
In order to prevent irritation of the gastric mucosa and avoid damage to the digestive system, food in pancreatitis should be eaten warm and soaked. All vegetables are recommended to cook steamed or boiled, and soups, to facilitate the process of assimilation of food, turn into soups, mashed potatoes.
Only after some improvement in the state of health, a patient with pancreatitis can eat foods that do not have such sparing treatment. However, in his diet should not be present stewed and fried dishes, since they are considered to be sodominous. During a period of exacerbation of the disease, with severe pain, patients are recommended to perform a two-day therapeutic starvation.
How and what to eat with the pancreas?
Despite the small size, the pancreas is a fairly capricious organ, so if it causes problems, people have to give up many delicious and familiar dishes. Many people are worried about the question, how, and what to eat with pancreatic diseases?
To normalize its function scientist Pevzner has developed a special diet, which was called "table number 5n."Such therapeutic nutrition in pancreatitis is prescribed during the absence of exacerbation of the disease and involves the use of the following products:
Porridges cooked on water: semolina, buckwheat, oatmeal, rice. It is not recommended, there is millet and pearl gruel, as they are considered difficult for digestion.
- Low-fat meat and fish.
- Eggs( squirrels).Vegetarian soups on vegetable broths.
- Low-fat cheeses.
- Milk, cottage cheese.
- Compotes and fruit drinks.
- Vegetables and greens.
To remove the inflammation will help dried or raw ginger, which can be consumed in small doses in the form of a decoction or powder. Quite often a cucumber diet is used for treatment, which relieves this digestive organ and prevents the development of inflammatory processes.
If you have problems with the pancreas, you can also eat some sweets. It can be candied fruits, marshmallows, waffles without stuffing, marmalade, pastille and chocolate( milk varieties).However, they are available only during a period of prolonged remission, and also if the patient does not have diabetes mellitus.
In any case, the right dietary food for the pancreas can be prescribed only by the attending physician. Therefore, before using these or other products, the patient must necessarily consult with a specialist.
Cooking for pancreatitis - what can I do for a patient?
Despite the fact that this disease involves some restrictions in nutrition, there are many recipes to make healthy and delicious dietary dishes.
What can I prepare for a patient with pancreatitis? If patients suffer from a chronic disease, they are allowed vegetable salads, for example, such as vinaigrette. You can also eat salads with vegetables and boiled meat, dressed with sour cream, which has a low level of fat. Also we cook with pancreatitis very simple and dishes - lazy vareniki and cottage cheese casseroles.
Safe for the pancreas will be the use of a boiled chicken breast cooked with a steamer. Chicken should be peeled, a little salt and serve with garnish, for example, with buckwheat, boiled on water. Tasty and healthy food can also be made from boiled veal. It can be, steam cutlets, souffle or soup with meatballs.
Another popular dietary dish with pancreatitis is fish knellets. In order to cook it, the loaf and fish fillet should be ground in a meat grinder, add whipped egg whites to the mixture, and mix it until smooth. Then you need to fashion the knots and boil them in a saucepan with lightly salted water.