Various diseases of the ears today are very common. They are accompanied by different symptoms and significantly reduce the quality of life. One of the most common manifestations of pathologies of hearing organs are shooting pains in the right or left ear. To cope with this symptom, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Shooting in the ear
Shooting pain syndrome indicates the appearance of an acute inflammatory process. Most often it develops after viral infections, inflammation of the maxillary sinuses( pain gives to the head), tonsillitis. Also, the cause can be covered in rhinitis or colds.
Sometimes these symptoms appear after diving, which leads to a change in pressure in the ears. The reason may be in the injuries of the tympanic membrane. In any case, therapy should be started immediately. This will help prevent the spread of inflammation.
Shooting pain can occur when various parts of the hearing organ are affected. So, the pathologies of the external ear
- Eczema. It is understood as chronic skin damage, which affects the external auditory aperture. This disorder is accompanied by severe itching, flushing, swelling, the appearance of vesicles and flaking. As an additional symptom, sometimes there is shooting pain.
- Cellulite. This pathology can affect the auricle. In this case, there is redness, tightness in the ear region, edema, pain syndrome and lumbago. Pathology can be acute and accompanied by erosive lesions, abrasions and cracks in the ear region. Through them an infection enters the auricle.
- Otitis externa. To his appearance lead damage to the ear canal, water penetration, inflammatory processes, allergies, violation of the rules of purification. As a consequence, a person has painful lumbago in the ears, itching, redness, swelling, purulent secret.
To common pathologies of the middle ear include:
- Average otitis. This, perhaps, is the most common cause of lumbago. Infection usually penetrates the organ of hearing during sneezing and blowing. When swallowing and chewing, shooting pain usually increases. This pathology is very important to timely treat, as the accumulation of fluid can provoke inflammation and even rupture of the tympanic membrane.
- Mastoiditis. By this term we mean the inflammatory lesion of the mastoid process, which is located behind the ear. This pathology is the result of untimely therapy of otitis media and is accompanied by fever, loss of appetite, headaches. A person usually has a throbbing pain in his ear, which has a shooting character.
The reason for lumbago can also be a violation of the inner ear. These problems often provoke diseases of the vestibular apparatus, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, hearing impairment, dizziness.
One of the most common violations from this group is the labyrinthite. By this term we understand the defeat of the membranous labyrinth, which is in the cavity of the inner ear.
Gray ear plug
To cope with the painful sensations of a shooting character, it is very important to diagnose and determine the causes of their appearance. Usually, doctors prescribe medication and physiotherapy. As an addition, you can use effective home recipes.
When shooting pain in the ears can perform such actions:
- Very carefully clean the cavity of the organ of hearing. You can use tools such as otypax or otinum, which will help dissolve earwax. Also for this purpose, a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide is suitable.
- Inject alcohol solution 70%.Thanks to this, it will be possible to cope with microbes and bacterial microorganisms, as well as warm up the affected area.
- Enter camphor oil. This will help increase the warming effect. To do this, insert a few drops of oil into the ear canal or insert tampons impregnated with this substance into the ears.
Of no less importance is the introduction of vasoconstrictor in the nose. Thanks to this, it will be possible to reduce edema of the mucous membranes and prevent clogging of the Eustachian tube. For this purpose, you can use drugs such as naphthysine, nazole, galazoline.
If the pathology is bacterial, antibiotics should be taken immediately in combination with sulfanilamides. In this situation, you can use amoxicillin and biseptol. The course of treatment with such funds is 7-10 days.
To stop pain, you can use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These include indomethacin, diclofenac, orthophene. To cope with edema and possible symptoms of allergy, use antihistamines.
Physicians usually use phototherapy, or light therapy, when shooting pain occurs. To these methods, first of all, a blue lamp is included. Thanks to its use, you can quickly cope with the pain and inflammation in the hearing. It is important to consider, purulent otitis is a contraindication to the use of this technique.
Another effective method of therapy is the influence of ultraviolet radiation. Such rays successfully cope with bacterial microorganisms and have an immunostimulating effect. Therefore, the use of ultraviolet helps to add anti-inflammatory and restorative effects.
The doctor can also choose other methods of treatment of ear diseases. Physiotherapy has a large number of variations. However, each procedure should be selected by the doctor depending on the individual characteristics of the patient.
What to do at home
To cope with lumbago in your ears yourself, you can use effective folk methods. However, before using them, you should always get a doctor's advice, especially if the symptom is observed in a child or in a pregnant woman.
The most effective recipes include the following:
- To get good results will help compress from warm salt. For this, the heated salt is put in a pouch and applied to the affected area.
- No less effective means is an oil compress. To do this, you need to heat up to 37 degrees with vegetable oil, add camphor and mix thoroughly. Then the gauze swab is folded and injected into the ear. The effect is not achieved immediately. It is recommended to use a compress for a couple of weeks.
- A good remedy is the onion. It is enough to wrap it with gauze and put it into your ear. At the same time, its edge should be brought out so that the bow can be easily pulled out. Such treatment continues for at least a month.
- A geranium leaf can be rolled up and inserted alternately into each ear. The procedure is done several times a day until the lumbago disappears.
Popular video about the causes of shooting pain in the ear:
To prevent the occurrence of lumbago, you need to do preventive maintenance of ear diseases:
- to dress in the weather;
- carry out hardening of the body;
- avoid hypothermia;
- to avoid drafts;
- periodically carry out preventive examinations.
Shooting in the ear occurs quite often. They can accompany various pathologies of the ears. If this symptom appears, it is recommended to contact the ENT doctor immediately. This will help to quickly cope with the ailment and avoid dangerous complications.