Hearing disorders can develop under the influence of various factors. To this problem lead the pathology of the ears, traumatic injuries, systemic diseases. In any case, hearing problems should be an occasion for a visit to the doctor. Sometimes there is enough conservative treatment, while others require surgery
Hearing loss can occur for various reasons. Depending on the provoking factors, these types of hearing loss are distinguished:
- Neurosensory - accompanied by damage to the sound-receiving components of the auditory analyzer.
- Conductive - in this case, the sound-conducting organs suffer.
- Mixed - the hearing deteriorates with damage to sound-receiving and sound-conducting elements.
Structure of the hearing aid
Hearing loss can result in a variety of factors - hearing and nasopharyngeal diseases, systemic pathologies, traumatic injuries, etc. The identification of the cause of the disorder is very important for adequate therapy of t
Almost half of congenital hearing impairment in a child is associated with hereditary pathologies. Causes of hearing loss can be quite a lot.
In addition to genetic predisposition, the provoking factors are traumatic injuries in childbirth, infectious diseases, smoking and drinking alcohol during pregnancy.
In the elderly,
The age-related loss of hearing is primarily manifested in a disturbance of the perception of high frequency sounds. Explicit violations often appear after 60 years.
An important role is played by such diseases:
- atherosclerosis of vessels;
- heart failure;
- diabetes mellitus.
Causes of hearing loss
Disturbances in hearing often develop after various pathologies. These include:
- of ENT organs;
- increase in adenoids;
- pathology of the nervous system;
- is a tumor lesion of the brain.
Many of the listed diseases are amenable to correction. Thanks to this, it is possible to restore hearing.
Hearing aches are adversely affected by traumatic injuries to the ear or skull. This can even cause irreversible hearing loss.
The greatest danger is the rupture of the tympanic membrane. Traumatic injuries and purulent otitis lead to it. Over time, the affected area becomes overgrown, but a scar remains on the membrane, which leads to distortion of sounds.
Localization of hearing disorders of different etiology
Hearing loss as a symptom of
Hearing problems can be one of the symptoms of various diseases. They include the following:
- Inflammation of the outer and middle ear - this category includes external otitis media, furuncle, otitis media.
- Cholesteatoma - this term refers to the germination of skin cells in the middle ear, which leads to the destruction of nearby tissues.
- Otosclerosis - pathology is associated with damage to the bone tissue of the middle ear. As a result, the auditory ossicles are fixed, which creates difficulties with the mechanism of sound conduction.
- Pathologies of the inner ear - they include labyrinthitis, Meniere's disease.
- Infectious diseases - the cause of hearing loss may lie in the development of influenza or meningitis.
- Tumor lesions of the ear.
- Acoustic neurinoma is a benign lesion of the auditory nerve.
- Diseases of the brain, affecting the centers of hearing - they include, in particular, tumors and stroke.
After treatment with
Sometimes hearing decreases after applying certain categories of drugs that have ototoxic properties. These include:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - for example, indomethacin. Such drugs provoke depression of bioelectric processes in the ear.
- Antibacterial drugs that are part of the aminoglycoside group - kanamycin, streptomycin, gentamicin. Such agents have a pronounced ototoxic effect and affect the vestibular apparatus. As a result, there is a risk of tinnitus or complete hearing loss.
- Antineoplastic agents.
Diagnosis of hearing loss
To properly select a treatment, it is very important to conduct a detailed diagnosis that will help determine the causes of hearing loss. The main studies include the following:
- Camerontal test. The doctor applies a sound tuning fork to the center of the head, then finds out which side best hears the vibrations and vibrations of sound. Due to this, it is possible to determine the side of the lesion and the type of sound conductivity.
- Threshold audiometry. Due to this procedure it is possible to estimate the depth of hearing loss with respect to the frequency range.
- Impedance measurement. This technique is used to assess the condition of the middle ear, which is responsible for the transmission of sound airborne oscillations. With the help of this procedure, it is possible to detect contractions in the auditory musculature and to estimate the threshold of the acoustic reflex.
Popular video on the causes of hearing loss:
Tactics of therapy are selected depending on the cause of the disease. In some cases, conservative treatment is sufficient, while in others, surgical intervention is required.
If the hearing loss is associated with the development of otosclerosis, the patient is shown the use of calcium, vitamins, phosphorus, bromine. Particularly important vitamins B, A and E. Also often use sodium fluoride.
If the reason lies in the sulfur plug, just flush with a warm water jet. Also, the doctor can prescribe medications that can dissolve earwax.
As a supplement to drug therapy, traditional medicine is used. However, before starting such treatment, it is always worthwhile to get a doctor's advice.
To effective folk recipes include the following:
- Melissa tincture. For its manufacture, the leaves of this plant should be insisted for 3 days on alcohol. This method is particularly beneficial for acute pains that accompany otitis and inflammation.
- Beet juice. This method is used if the cause of the disorder lies in the chronic rhinitis. To treat the pathology in each ear canal, several drops of juice are injected.
- Camphoric oil. This product should be mixed with chopped garlic. Then put this gruel in gauze and apply to the affected area.
Good results can be achieved with almond oil. You can also use tinctures prepared from dried dill and raspberry roots.
Physiotherapy methods are used to achieve good results. Such procedures are prescribed in addition to medicines. To cope with hearing impairments, phonoelectrophoresis, laser exposure, fluctuating currents are often used.
With its help, the metabolic processes in the affected area are normalized, and a positive effect on the active points of the external ear is achieved.
Intravascular laser exposure ensures blood saturation with antioxidants. Thanks to the use of fluctuating currents, it is possible to act on the ear area with alternating currents. This helps improve blood circulation and tissue nutrition.
Exercises for hearing restoration in our video:
If conservative treatment fails, surgical intervention is performed. In difficult cases, an operation is performed and a hearing aid is prescribed.
If the auditory nerve is not damaged, the patient is cochlear implantation. This procedure can significantly improve hearing.
To prevent hearing loss, you need to take preventive measures. For this, it is recommended that the following rules be observed:
- to treat the pathologies of the nasopharynx and ears in a timely manner;
- avoid contact with viral infections;
- protect the ears from the effects of irritants and strong noise;
- correctly blow your nose;
- refuse to clean the ears with cotton buds;
- lead a healthy lifestyle;
- to avoid traumatic head injuries;
- promptly contact the otolaryngologist at the first symptoms of the disease.
Hearing loss is considered a fairly common problem that can occur under the influence of various factors. In order to select an adequate treatment, it is necessary to establish the causes of the development of the disease. Therefore, the first signs of hearing impairment should be the reason for a visit to the ENT doctor.