Legendary juniper oil, properties and application of it, scientists describe in their treatises from ancient times. Juniper is an evergreen shrub that has a wide range of medicinal action that exerts on a person. From the needles, blue berries and stems, by distillation, a natural product is obtained - essential oil. It has a very pronounced smell of coniferous trees, it is a concentrated substance.
| Useful properties and contraindications to juniper fruit |
| The healing properties and contraindications of juniper berries |
| Species and varieties of juniper with photos |
| How to plant and care for juniper |
| Hypericum oil - correct application |
The healing properties of
It is known that the whole use of the plant is conditionedits biological composition. And the chemical composition of this plant is very rich. It includes almost more than two hu
ndred useful substances:
- amino acids, such as acetic, formic, and apple;
- microelements are represented by copper, manganese, iron;
- resinous substances.
The list can be enumerated indefinitely. The plant belongs to the poisonous, but despite this, its spread in folk medicine is very wide.
Many folk healers used berries and juniper needles to treat kidney diseases. They noticed that the plant has a diuretic, expectorant, analgesic, antiseptic effect. This knowledge, as well as the development of modern medics, helped to make a medicinal product, based on juniper extract, through its hydrodestination, which is used in aromatherapy. This oil can have a powerful effect on the human body:
- Normalizes and slightly excites the activity of the central nervous system.
- Promotes normal digestion, by increasing the production of gastric juice.
- Accelerates metabolism and the work of various body secrets.
- Has an antiseptic effect on the lung, urogenital and blood system.
- It will help to normalize human biorhythms, normalize sleep.
- Is an antimicrobial and bactericidal agent.
- Is able to clean and aromatize the surrounding air, fill it with freshness of coniferous forest.
But it should be remembered that the extracts of juniper berries are poison. And with increased dosage, you can get poisoned.
Application of essential oil
The list of applications can be presented as follows:
- application in medicine;
- raw materials for aromatherapy;
- treatment of the premises from fleas;
- as a cosmetic;
- extracts for perfume products.
There is also a huge list of diseases in which juniper oil is shown.
- Pulmonary diseases: laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchial inflammation, cough of various currents.
- Cleansing the body of products of fumes, poisoning. Excretion of toxins and heavy metals.
- For weight loss, elimination of uneven deposits of subcutaneous fat.
- Skin diseases - psoriasis, stretch marks.
- Diseases of the joints, rheumatism, atherosclerosis, gout, inflammation.
- Diseases of male and female genitourinary organs.
Let's consider in more detail what is used for juniper?
When opening the bottle, a sharp smell is felt, at first glance, it does not seem pleasant. But when the concentrate is diluted, the flavor becomes more pure and fresh. Essential oil of juniper is used for aroma lamps, inhalations, and also for the bathroom. Such procedures will not only fill your room with a pleasant taiga odor, but also help you relax, concentrate your thoughts on positive moments, eliminate unjustified fears and stressful conditions.
- To disinfect the room. At 10-15 squares you need 5-6 drops of aromatic oil and a special lamp.
- To use oil from colds, inhalation is used. You need to heat water to 90 degrees, but do not boil. Drop a few drops of oil into it and breathe over the dishes for 10-15 minutes. You will notice that it became easier to breathe, the heaviness in the head will pass.
- Add aroma oil for relaxation while taking a bath. For the oil to dissolve better in water, it is first mixed with warm milk. It will take one glass of milk. Such procedures will ease your body, tone the skin, relieve daytime fatigue and increase efficiency, improve attention and brain activity. Juniper water will remove the hangover syndrome.
Tip! You can not take a bath with juniper and do inhalation at high body temperature.
When taking a bath, the beneficial substances penetrate the skin pores into the blood and internal organs, clearing them of harmful compounds and bacteria.
In pharmacies or special departments specializing in the sale of products for aromatherapy, you can buy clay medallions, in the form of small sosudikov. Such a commodity is a great human assistant. That is, if you drop 2-3 drops of juniper ether into it, then you can inhale it throughout the whole working day, without interrupting your work, since he has a garter and wears it around his neck like beads.
You can apply ether to a small napkin and inhale the vapor for 10 minutes, attaching it to the respiratory system. Such aromatic treatments can save you from coughing, colds, colds, clearing the bronchi from sputum.
Still not unimportant process in aromatherapy is a relaxing massage. To do this, 2-3 drops of ether are added to the main massage oil or cream and massage is done. Such use will save your skin from cellulite and increase the regeneration of tissue cells, which will help get rid of stretch marks on the skin.
All the benefits will increase if you use the oil effect in the bath. It can be diluted with warm water and splash solution on the hot stones, the smell spread instantly. In this case, you will receive a triple action: inhalation, penetration into the skin through steamed pores, absorption into the skin of the face and hair.
Application in cosmetology
What is the use for the face? Components of juniper, presented as an oil, are able to restore the cells of the epidermis, give the skin elasticity and additional nutrition, to cleanse of dead cells.
The constant use of oil will help to remove skin inflammation, prevent the appearance of acne and acne. It is a unique tool for smoothing deep scars and scars, as well as healing of fresh wounds, abrasions. Perfectly removes skin edema and smooths the complexion, eliminating pigment spots and dark circles under the eyes.
How to apply? It is necessary to mix 2-3 drops of the ethereal product with 20 g of the base cream for the skin of the face, apply to the skin and massage them until completely absorbed.
Mask for problem oily skin:
- Beat the protein of one egg into a foam.
- Add juniper oil - 4 drops.
- Apply on face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash away with warm water.
This mask will help to get rid of pimples and clear the pores from the products of sebaceous glands. You can use a juniper every day, for this you need to prepare a tonic.
- mineral water without gases - 250 ml;
- ether - 4 drops;
Wipe face toning twice a day. After using the tonic, the pores become narrower, the pimples disappear, the black dots will be cleared. There will be redness and flaking, and also mimic wrinkles will noticeably decrease.
Tip! Positive effect when using juniper is observed in the fight against herpes on the skin of the face.
Another healing property that is used in cosmetology is getting rid of the smell of sweat and foot fungus.
Imagine shampoos and hair masks without juniper is impossible. It is actively used for the production of soap products, and for hair especially. Since the composition of the juniper has a positive effect on the scalp, can dry it, this way you can get rid of dandruff and activate hair growth.
For a normal type of hair, masks from juniper, rosemary and sage are used. For fatty enough one juniper agent. To get the desired effect, the oil is added to the shampoo or mask and applied to the hair. Adherence is aromatizing. On a wooden comb, apply a remedy and comb along the entire length of the hair.
Tip! You can not do these procedures every day, as this will lead to overdrying of the scalp. An oily substance will not harm people with sensitive skin.
Recipe for the mask:
- 3 tbsp.l.any vegetable oil heated in a water bath. The temperature should be close to room temperature.
- 5-6 drops of essential oil add to vegetable.
- Apply to the hair in length and rub into the scalp.
- Hold for about 30 minutes.
- After the procedure, rinse with a normal shampoo.
There is one more interesting recipe for a hair mask:
- 100 g of dried juniper berries;
- 250 ml of water;
- 100 ml of vodka;
- 1 tbsp.l.vegetable oil and 1 tbsp.l.glycerol;
- 2 tbsp.l.lemon juice;
- 200 grams of crumbs of rye bread.
Berries pour boiling water, insist 30 minutes. Next, add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Apply the product to the pre-washed and dried hair, leave on your head for one hour. Then wash off with shampoo. Dandruff will pass for one application.
Inside use oil for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as to get rid of viral and infectious diseases:
- With a cold - in a cup with any tea add one spoon of honey and 2 drops of ether. Drink tea three times a day.
- To remove swelling - add 3 drops to herbal tea, drink twice a day.
- To cleanse the body - use oil treatment four times a year. The reception is carried out in three days. First - six hours before eating 1 drop of oil with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. On the second and third days - during the meal, one drop of oil, three times a day. Combine with an abundant drink of any liquid, up to 3 liters per day.
- For weight loss - 2 drops of ether diluted in 100 ml of water, with the addition of 1 tsp.honey. Drink three times a day for a week.
This treatment with oil normalizes the metabolic processes of the body, replenishes it with the missing vitamins.
Along with the benefits, juniper can harm the body. Therefore, its use during pregnancy and breast-feeding is not recommended. Do not advise doctors to drink it for chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines.
Caution should be exercised when calculating the dosage, as excessive consumption of the product may lead to poisoning. If side effects occur, you should stop taking concentrate.
Before taking aromatherapy, oil should be dripped onto the back of the wrist, in order to determine the allergic reaction. Only after this, you can carry out massage, compresses, and also apply a mask for hair.
Tip! Do not abuse the use of more than one month, as you can cause undesirable results to the body.
Before applying any natural medicine, you first need to know its medicinal properties, so that the benefit from it is maximum. The same goes for the essential oil of juniper. It is necessary to strictly observe all the rules for its use, so as not to do yourself harm. Follow the important rules and you will be healthy.