Glandular cancer of the stomach or adenocarcinoma, is the most frequent malignant tumor. Predisposed to its development are the following factors:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Helicobacter infection with
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Burden of heredity
- Transfer of duodenum into the stomach
In almost half of patients with glandular gastric cancer, clinical manifestations may be absent. Other patients are concerned about the following complaints:
- Pain in the epigastrium
- Reduced appetite
- Intolerance and aversion to meat
- Burp rotten
- Fear of eating due to pain
Additional test methods allow to diagnose glandular cancer. The following diagnostic methods are commonly used:
- Radiography with contrast agents, including lung radiography for the detection of metastases
- Ultrasonic examination of the stomach and a number of located organs
- Fibrogastroduodenoscopy with the collection of biological material
- Computed tomography
Complex treatment of glandular gastric cancer involves the operation ofremoval of the tumor and restoration of the passage of food, the appointment of chemotherapeutic drugsin which suppress the activity of tumor cells.
The ideal surgical treatment of glandular cancer should include the following:
- Gastric Removal
- Resection of the large and small gland, where the tumor often metastasizes
- Removal of lymph nodes that are located around the celiac trunk
- Spleen removal where cancer cells can enter with blood flow and inthen it is a source of relapse of the disease
- In some cases resected( partially removed) side by side located organs - pancreas, transverse-to-colonshka etc.
Sometimes surgical treatment can lead to complications. This can be a narrowing of the gatekeeper, bleeding, ascites, intestinal abscesses, joint failure and others. To eliminate them, early detection and appropriate therapy are required.
Prognosis for glandular cancer depends on its stage. So, if the tumor affected only the mucous layer, then 95% survive after the complex treatment. If it is a common cancer, the survival rate does not exceed 25-40%.