Circulatory encephalopathy is a disease that is associated with impaired circulation. As a result, the human brain receives insufficient amounts of nutrients, and this negatively affects its work.
As a rule, this diagnosis is put to the elderly. However, in recent years, this pathology is observed in middle-aged people.
This disease manifests itself as a whole complex of symptoms. These include:
- Increased fatigue.
- Memory loss.
- Persistent drowsiness.
- Sudden mood swings.
- Difficulties in communication.
- Hearing and vision impairment.
Also, a doctor can detect a violation of coordination of movements, increased muscle tone, malfunctions in the vegetative system.
Causes of Discirculatory brain encephalopathy
Discirculatory encephalopathy can not be called an independent pathology, because it occurs for a number of reasons. To the appearance of this disease lead such factors:
- Arterial hypertension. Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels.
- Vegeto-vascular dystonia.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Hypoxia of the brain.
- Blood diseases.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse.
- Hereditary reasons.
- Stressful situations.
Despite the fact that the whole complex of factors influences the development of this disease, it most often appears as a result of arterial hypertension and atherosclerosis. These diseases cause circulatory disorders in the vessels of the brain, which leads to oxygen starvation and atrophic processes in the brain.
Do you know about the most effective drugs for alcoholism? Kolme - a reliable drug against alcoholism.
Reviews of the drops of alcoholism can be found here.
It is not difficult to put the correct diagnosis in this situation - it is based on laboratory and instrumental research data.
The laboratory methods include the study of the rheological characteristics of blood, its lipid composition and the clinical analysis of blood.
With the help of instrumental studies determine the degree of brain damage and identify co-morbidities. To do this, scan the vessels of the brain, make an electrocardiogram, electroencephalogram, magnetic resonance and computer tomography, ophthalmoscopy.
Depending on the severity of signs of discirculatory encephalopathy, the following stages of this disease are identified:
- I stage - is a moderately severe pathology. It is characterized by a slight decrease in memory, which relates to current events. But the memory for past events remains unchanged. In addition, a person complains of sleep disorders, coordination of movements, high fatigue, headaches, decreased libido. This state is also characterized by emotional lability.
- II stage - is a marked encephalopathy. This stage is characterized by increased focal symptomatology, patients complain of a sharp deterioration in memory, become selfish and conflict. In addition, there is a decrease in criticism of one's own condition: a person seems to have already normalized his condition. In the course of psychological research, it is possible to detect violations of the intellect.
- III stage - is a pronounced encephalopathy. In this case several syndromes dominate at once. Often observed fainting, falling, epileptic seizures. The psycho-organic syndrome also develops. Criticism of patients to their condition is absent, but in some cases they can complain of insomnia, a feeling of heaviness in the head, a violation of gait. Very often, patients completely lose their ability to self-service.
Discirculatory encephalopathy has several varieties, each of which has its own characteristics:
- Atherosclerotic form of the disease - differs by the changes in the vascular wall, which causes disorders of autoregulation of cerebral blood flow and stenosis of blood vessels.
- The pathology of the hypertonic type - occurs as a result of hypertensive crises. This disease most often begins in his youth and is characterized by a sharp flow pattern. For this form of encephalopathy is characterized by causeless euphoria, mood swings, inhibition of neuropsychiatric processes.
- Venous encephalopathy - develops in the event of violations of venous outflow from the brain. In this case, there is venous congestion in the brain tissue, which subsequently causes its edema.
Treatment of discirculatory brain encephalopathy is quite lengthy, and it must be complex.
Important in this case is the stage of the disease and the age of the patient. Therapy can be carried out at home or in a hospital.
The main task of treatment is to eliminate the cause that led to the development of this pathology. Also prescribe additional methods of therapy, which are designed to minimize the negative consequences of the disease.
One of the most dangerous human diseases is a brain tumor. There are several classifications of the brain tumor. Astrocytoma is a brain tumor that develops from astrocytes. The whole truth about the methods of treatment and the prognosis of survival.
C Symptoms of Circulatory Encephalopathy of the Brain are available in this article.
The principle of magnetic resonance angiography of cerebral vessels is well presented in the following link: http: //gidmed.com/obsledovanie/ mrt-sosudov-golovnogo-mozga.html.
With the aim of controlling seizures and reducing intracranial pressure, anticonvulsant and diuretic drugs are prescribed. To restore blood circulation, it is necessary to use antispasmodics that cause vasodilation.
Acute and neglected forms of the disease may require more serious interventions. In this case, artificial ventilation is prescribed.
Treatment with folk remedies
The purpose of using folk remedies is to improve intracranial circulation, prevent extraneous noise, and purify the blood vessels. In this case, apply herbal teas, balsams, infusions, for the preparation of which use clover, hawthorn, dog rose. The most effective recipes include the following:
- Two tablespoons of hawthorn pour 500 ml of boiling water and leave to infuse for the night. Take in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Two tablespoons of clover flowers pour 350 ml of boiling water and insist. Take 4 times a day before meals.
- Dry wild rose berries pour 500 ml of boiling water and brew for half an hour. Add a little honey and drink like tea.
- Pour vodka into the clover heads, insist for two weeks in a dark place. After this, you can take a tablespoon of tincture, add 100 ml of water, mix and take 4 times a day before eating.
- Take two parts of honey and one part of onion juice, mix. The received structure to use on an empty stomach on a table spoon, it needs to be done 3 times a day.
Possible complications of
People with discirculatory encephalopathy have a chance to live long enough, but only if they do not engage in self-medication. Otherwise, this disease can cause disability.
The quality of a patient's life depends on the stage at which the disease was diagnosed and how well the treatment was prescribed.
Most often adequate and systematic treatment of the disease can significantly slow the development of dyscirculatory encephalopathy, but this applies only to the first and second stages. Sometimes there is a rapidly progressing pathology, in which the subsequent stage occurs two years after the beginning of the previous one.
An unfavorable prognosis is usually given if discirculatory encephalopathy is combined with degenerative changes in the brain. Complicating the situation are also acute circulatory disorders of the brain, hypertensive crises, poorly controlled hyperglycemia.
As the main preventive measures for this disease, it is recommended to treat cardiovascular diseases and brain diseases in a timely manner, monitor blood pressure, exercise, respiratory gymnastics, control your diet and completely abandon bad habits.
Circulatory encephalopathy is a fairly serious disease whose complications can be fatal. To prevent negative health effects, it is necessary to consult a qualified doctor when the first symptoms appear.
Only a specialist is able to correctly diagnose and select adequate treatment with the help of laboratory and instrumental research methods depending on the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
For better perception, we recommend you to watch the video on the article: