Teniosis is diagnosed on the basis of the clinical picture and the data of the test results. As a rule, patients seek medical help when they detect the presence in the stool of the segments of the porcine tapeworm, which try to move independently. A similar picture frightens, but it clearly shows the stage of helminthiasis. If, after taking a laxative drug, the number of segments in the feces increases markedly, then the intestinal form of the shadow is actively developing. As a rule, visually the segments of pork and bovine tapeworm are not very different from each other, therefore some studies are needed to confirm the diagnosis. Let's talk about them in more detail.
What tests must be passed:
- So, as already mentioned above, the main method of laboratory diagnostics of shadowosis is the availability of clinical data indicating the presence of helminth segments in the bowel movements. Every day, six new segments are separated from the matured specimen of pork solitaire. They look like small, slightly elongated whitish-yellow rectangles. Segments of the chain have their own musculature, capable of contraction, so sometimes a feeling is created that the segments in the feces move. If you find a similar fragment, the pigsty should carefully move it into a jar and be referred to a doctor infectious disease specialist or parasitologist. The doctor will transfer the material to the laboratory and along with it will give a referral for the surrender of stool for the identification of eggs of worms. He will also help to identify the shadow.
- To confirm the diagnosis of the patient may be asked to pass a stool test repeatedly. This is done in order to determine exactly at what stage helminthiasis is located, who the person is - the final or intermediate host. From the answers to such studies depends on the strategy of treatment of taeniosis.
- As oncospheres of pig and bovine tapeworm are almost identical, along with collection of stool one more type of diagnostics is used - perianal scrapings. With the help of such an analysis, macroscopic studies of mature segments are carried out in the laboratory. Both parasites have some anatomical features. Thus, for example, 8 to 12 branches of the uterus, located at the side of the reproductive system organ, are present in the pork chain, the bull chain of these branches is much larger( from 18 to 32).Teniosis is diagnosed when it is ascertained that a pork tapeworm is present inside a person.
- In addition, differential diagnosis is mandatory, helping to accurately identify the cause of the appearance of characteristic symptoms. This is done to exclude the possibility of developing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of nonparasitic etiology. Analysis for antibodies to pork chain is the most effective method of differential diagnosis of taeniosis. Antibodies help determine the stage of the development of helminthiosis.
Diagnosis of pork chain
If there is a suspicion of cysticercosis( the most common complication of teniosis), more thorough research is carried out, and the number of prescribed tests increases. A doctor's consultation is being held for the exact diagnosis. For consultation, neurologists, pulmonologists, cardiologists, and ophthalmologists are invited. According to their recommendations, the patient can be assigned:
- CT of the brain.
- Studies of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Radiography of the lungs.
- Histology of skin samples.
Similar laboratory analyzes and methods of examination of patients allow differentiating cysticercosis from other pathologies of the brain, diseases of the pulmonary and cardiovascular system. Knowing how to detect pig pork, it is not difficult to try to prevent the emergence of dangerous complications.