A drug of wide action in the field of dermatology. It is used to treat dermatitis. You need to know the rules of use, because the tool has its own characteristics.
The form of the Beloderma makes it easy to use. It is released at pharmacies without a prescription.
Features of the preparation
The product has established itself as an effective external medicine for solving skin problems. Its use requires a competent approach, so as not to harm the patient's health.
The mechanism of ingestion of ingredients into internal environments and excretion to the outside is not known. But it is noticed that the main active substance of the drug, to some extent, can be absorbed into the body, and this is undesirable. Therefore, with a long course of treatment, there is a need to monitor that this does not happen in large numbers.
Drugs contain the active ingredient - betamethasone. Additional components are:
- in the preparation in the form of ointment:
- mineral oil;
- in a cream preparation:
- cetostearyl alcohol,
- mineral oil,
- sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate,
- macrogol macostrong,
- phosphoric acid,
Manufacturers produce the drug in the form of:
Both dosage forms are homogeneous white content. Ointment has a translucent mixture, and the cream is an opaque composition without mechanical inclusions.
Average price for the drug:
- in the form of ointment, container capacity:
- 15 g - 100 rubles.,
- 30 g - 160 rubles.,
- 40 g - 232 rubles;
- in the form of cream, the container capacity:
- 15 g - 98 rubles.,
- 30 g - 156 rubles,
- 40 g - 232 rubles.
The drug is a synthetic hormone - glucocorticoid. In the human body, this kind of hormones produces the adrenal cortex. They have versatile pharmacological action:
The drug has a rapid action at the site of its use, reducing the symptoms:
- objective manifestations of the disease( those diagnosed by the physician),
- subjective symptoms( sensations of pain, itching).
The mechanism of absorption of the components of the drug and its excretion from the body has not been studied.
The drug is used topically for the treatment of skin diseases that respond to the action of its active substance.
- atopic eczema - initial treatment,
- red lichen,
- traces of insect bites,
- lupus erythematosus,
- bullous dermatoses,
- pruritus of various nature,
- exudative erythema.
Instruction for use
- Affected areas are covered with a thin layer of the drug. Do this at the initial stage of treatment several times every 24 hours, gently rubbing the ointment or cream into the skin. In this mode, apply the remedy before the onset of improvement. After this, you can reduce the frequency of the drug or replace it with a weaker glucocorticoid.
- Tandem therapy is involved. This alternation of Beloderm with a drug of the same direction, but in a composition that does not include the active substance, which is a steroid hormone. Beloderm is used once a day, and the remedy is used after 12 hours.
- Another type of therapy is interval therapy. It provides for the weekly use of Beloderm and means of the same direction.
- If dermatosis is caused by the action of bacteria, then the use of an external agent in the form of beloderm should be supplemented with antibacterial therapy.
- Due to the fact that you need to use the drug with care, the recommended dose for the week is 50 ml. The duration of the course of treatment is not more than two weeks.
- Women should not use the product during the first third of the gestation period when the child is pregnant. This rule should be observed, because the effect of the drug on the fetus has not been studied. In other terms of pregnancy the decision on the possibility of using Beloderma is taken by a specialist. It is necessary to remember that in a large amount it is not recommended to apply the drug to a pregnant woman. There were no studies on the possibility of getting the components of the drug in breast milk.
Specialists do not recommend the use of the drug if the patient is diagnosed with such diseases:
- bacterial dermatoses,
- skin tuberculosis,
- viral infections,
- syphilis - cutaneous manifestations,
- eye diseases,
- fungal diseases,
- post-vaccination reactions,
- viral infections onskin:
- chicken pox,
- rosace-like dermatitis,
- trophic ulcer,
- herpes simplex,
- pink acne,
- herpes zoster;
- if occluded dressings are applied to the affected areas,
- children under 12 years of age.
Side effects of
Possible manifestations of unwanted reactions:
- individual intolerance leads to hypersensitivity of the organism to the components of the agent;
- acne, as a consequence of the action of steroids,
- burning on the skin,
- itching on the place where the drug was applied,
- perioral dermatitis,
- skin irritation,
- dry skin,
- less often there are negative reactions to the use of the drug:
- skin atrophy,
- skin maceration.
- in rare cases may be a secondary infection:
- peeling of the skin( lamellar),
- tingling sensation,
- contact allergic dermatitis,
- skin tightening,
- hyperpigmentation of the skin,
- skin peeling,
- hair discoloration,
- skin cracking,
- sensation of heat.
If negative reactions appear, then the use of the drug is discontinued. You should consult your doctor for help.
The use of the drug in large areas is possible, but it is necessary to do this under the supervision of specialists. The condition of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system requires special attention.
The amount of the drug that enters the body through the absorption of its components through the surface of the skin depends on the components of the process:
- of the area of the treated area,
- of the amount deposited,
- of the course duration.
The specialist takes into account the listed factors when prescribing treatment. Usually the agent is perceived by the body normally. With increased sensitivity to the drug, treatment with belladerm is canceled and symptomatic therapy is carried out to remove the consequences.
The product should not fall on the mucosa of the eye. If the drug is applied to the eye area, that is, the fear of manifestation:
- exacerbation of herpes,
- fungal lesions.
If, during the course of treatment of skin problems, a fungal or infectious lesion is detected, then a therapy is prescribed to eliminate the problem. When it is not possible to remove undesirable phenomena, then the use of Beloderma is suspended until the disappearance of incidentally manifested lesions of the skin.
It should be borne in mind that some areas of the skin have increased reactivity to the agents used. These are:
- perianal area,
In specified areas, it is recommended to use the product in very limited quantities. In case of development of a toxic reaction to the use of the drug( regardless of the area of the body), where the affected area is diagnosed, the use of the drug is canceled. This skin reaction is possible due to a violation of its barrier function.
Interaction with other medications
The agent may affect the structure of latex products. This is not safe if the patient uses a condom from latex and simultaneously uses the Beloderm in the anogenital zone. In this case, the condom may not be a very reliable means of protection.
Users note that with different skin problems, first aid after using Beloderm comes very quickly: the itching, pain, hyperemia subsides, discomfort passes. I like users that the cost of the drug is relatively small.
In addition to the first effect, the product helps to get rid of some types of dermatitis. Users describe a good result in atopic dermatitis, seborrhea, psoriasis, in the treatment of abrasions from falling, with insect bites, with exacerbation of dermatitis.
With careless treatment, there is a response that along with a wonderful result about seborrheic dermatitis, a side effect appeared - hair loss, menstrual cycle disrupted, general condition worsened.
- white agent,
- betamethasone valerate
- Betnoveit skalp application.