Aquatic urticaria develops in case of intolerance to water( of any or only a certain type).Allergy to water is considered the rarest, although this term does not imply a traditional allergy. The emerging rash often resembles a nettle burn and is accompanied by severe itching. And today we will tell you what are the symptoms of allergy to water in adults, children, babies, show photos of patients and give some useful tips.
Features of the disease
So, can there be an allergy to water? It is not always water that causes hives.
- Cosmetic products for the shower also cause it, so if at other times there were no symptoms inherent in the disease, you can not talk about this kind of allergy.
- Similarly, the body reacts to helminthic invasion: the disease manifests itself just after the shower.
Because of this discrepancy and difficulty in determining the exact cause of a pathological reaction, dermatologist consultation is absolutely essential.
The clinical picture at all ages is the same.
Aquatic urticaria( photo)
Classification of water allergy
Water urticaria is divided into:
- acute form and
- chronic. This form is observed in 30% of cases and requires a long and well-adjusted therapy, compliance with preventive recommendations.
There are no specific causes that cause allergy to water.
In people who have one of the following risk factors, the likelihood of aquatic urticaria is much higher:
- lack of immunoglobulin E;
- pathologies( including chronic) of the liver and kidneys;
- weak immunity;
- disorders of internal body systems;
- chronic infection;
The fact that there is an allergy to water, and what to do with it, will tell this video:
Symptoms of aquatic urticaria are similar to any other manifestations of allergy, so people often do not assume that they were caused by water. The clinical picture of the disease is as follows:
- dry and irritated skin;
- itching, inflammation;
- shortness of breath, difficulty breathing;
- extensive rash, especially in contact with water;
- pain in the head;
- disorder in the gastrointestinal tract;
- appearance of small blisters;
- redness of mucous membranes.
All described signs appear immediately or after 30-90 minutes after contacting with liquid, and it can be clean, polluted, marine, tap, river. In some patients, the disease appears even with the appearance of sweat on the skin, getting your own tears into it.
No specific symptoms in children, hives at any age have common symptoms. It is important that contact with water does not provoke anaphylactic shock or Quincke's edema, so no serious danger to life is created.
Aquatic urticaria must necessarily be differentiated from other types of hives or allergies to a particular substance.
- has a special value in this matter when the patient is .The dermatologist must tell the main contacts with household chemicals and various substances during the day, the symptoms appear, inform about what medicines are taken, whether they are prescribed by a doctor. In addition, you need to mention your diet during this period, whether such a reaction has appeared with the next of kin.
- Of all laboratory tests, the value of the is blood, urine, biochemical analysis of .For hives of aquatic form, it is characteristic that all the indices in the body remain normal, which helps the doctor to differentiate it from other types of allergies. If pathological changes are detected in the analyzes, this diagnosis is excluded. Children may additionally be given a coprogram and other studies necessary to detect helminthic invasion.
- As an water allergy test , the doctor applies a water compress to the patient's hand. If a pathological reaction was noted, a suitable drug therapy is selected. With this method of diagnosis, it is important that a person does not use antihistamines for 3-4 days, otherwise the result will be distorted.
Treatment of aquatic urticaria
With frequent aqua urticaria, it will be necessary to take the necessary measures to restore the immune defenses of the body. It is advisable to adjust the diet: it does not just have to include vitamin products, but it is better that there are no allergens in the diet. During work at home it is better to protect open areas so as not to provoke symptoms of the disease.
From the folk recipes without fear, the following treatments can be used:
- Brew the chemist's chamomile, and after filtering apply the soaked gauze in the broth to the site with a rash and inflammation.
- Apply a thin layer of honey to the skin. Keep such a mask you can any amount of time or even leave for the whole night.
- Prepare the broth from the violet or bay leaf and add about 500 ml before washing or washing into water.
Antihistamines are selected from the following list:
For a therapy of chronic form, a slightly different list of agents is used:
Medicines are selected by a dermatologist, he also makes the necessary dosage, the treatment regimen and sets the time frame for the course.
Prevention of disease
- It is advisable to replace water with artesian water, use high-quality filters or at least boil it. All water procedures should be taken quickly using this liquid.
- Cosmetic products are to be replaced, including soap and gel.
- It is desirable to remove cosmetic products in other ways( micellar water, milk, etc.).
- Maintaining the principles of healthy lifestyles will only strengthen the body, so this measure is also suitable for the prevention of this type of urticaria.
Allergy to water on the face
Not noted even in chronic course of pathology.
Is treatable well. Thus, 70% of patients note the effect of treatment after 2-3 days. Some do without the use of medicines.
Dr. Komarovsky will tell you what kind of water to bathe a child with an allergy: