Otitis is most often an infectious disorder that requires careful attention to the choice of medicinal substances. Antibiotics are prescribed on the basis of bacterial inoculation. In this case, the choice of the means is carried out taking into account the stage of the disease, age and other factors.
The need for therapy
The use of antibiotics is of great importance in the occurrence of inflammation. However, many doctors claim that before the time of damaging the membrane and the release of exudate from the hearing system, there is no need to use such substances.
The acute form of otitis without complications usually passes through 5 days. Antimicrobials are prescribed in the absence of the effect of therapy. They are used in such situations:
- , pain in the ears persists;
- decreases acuity of hearing;
- there is a high temperature;
- there are manifestations of intoxication.
What antibiotics to drink with otitis
To select antibiotics should be treated very carefully. To
correctly choose a medicine, you should take into account the age of the patient and the form of otitis.
Before the beginning of treatment of the child it is necessary to estimate its condition. When the first symptoms of otitis occur immediately, antibiotics should not be prescribed. They are appointed only in difficult situations. Especially often such drugs are prescribed to children under 2 years of age.
With a light course of the process, drops, anesthetics, compresses and lotions are usually enough. If there are manifestations of intoxication, the temperature increases and headaches are observed, antibiotics are prescribed.
Often doctors prescribe to children such remedies:
- Augmentin is a semisynthetic substance of a broad spectrum of action. Children under 12 years of age are prescribed an oral suspension. Older patients are prescribed a tablet form. It should be drunk three times a day. The dosage is selected by the doctor depending on the weight. In this case, augmentin can not be used for longer than 2 weeks.
- Suprax is a remedy from the category of cephalosporins. Children under the age of 6 months can not be given it. Usually, suprax is prescribed for otitis media. Children under 12 years with a weight of up to 50 kg are given a suspension. Older patients are shown capsules.
- Flemoxin is a semisynthetic form of penicillin. This product is released in the form of tablets that are characterized by a quick action. Dosage and duration of use are selected depending on age, weight and indications.
Inflammation of the ears in adults has an infectious etiology, because antibiotics are used very often. In addition, doctors usually prescribe pain medication, anti-inflammatory drugs, rinsing and warming.
Pore acute leakage of otitis media should be used such means. The doctor can prescribe:
Antibiotic drugs are prescribed as tablets for internal use. If the pathology has a complicated course, intramuscular or intravenous administration is indicated.
In acute otitis media, symptoms rapidly increase and the person's condition rapidly deteriorates. In this case, there are severe pains in the ears, giving off to the head and teeth, and also the temperature rises rapidly - it can be 39 degrees.
In such cases, antibiotics are highly effective, which are applied locally in the form of drops and ointments. However, there is usually a need for the use of systemic drugs. Combined substances have extensive action and good activity. Therefore, doctors often prescribe neomycin and bacitracin. A combination of polymyxin and hydrocortisone is also possible.
To combat the acute form of otitis can use different drugs that have a pronounced bactericidal action and contribute to the restoration of the natural slightly acidic environment of the ears. The most suitable means include semi-synthetic penicillins, which have resistance to beta-lactamases.
In the photo the tympanic membrane with different kinds of acute otitis
This form of otitis usually appears with the incorrect treatment of acute inflammation. The chronic form of the disease is characterized by a large variety of pathogens and the combination of various bacteria in the exudate. Therefore, it is rather difficult to choose the right antibiotic.
If chronic otitis is difficult to treat, the following drugs are used:
- sparflö - first prescribe 400 mg, then switch to 200 mg per day;
- Avelox - every day you need to take 400 mg of the substance.
The course of therapy usually lasts 10-14 days. It is necessary to use antifungal agents, preparations for the normalization of microflora and vitamins.
This is the most common type of otitis, which is an inflammation in the middle ear region. Antibiotics are usually prescribed at the occurrence of complications, prolonged course of the disease and the formation of fluid in the ears, for example, with catarrhal or exudative otitis. A suitable preparation is selected depending on the sensitivity, the state of the organism and the age of the patient.
If you can not determine the causative agent of the disease, designate a systemic remedy. Most often, the therapy of the middle form of otitis is carried out with the help of amoxicillin. Adults usually appoint 3 g of funds per day.
The appearance of purulent otitis is accompanied by the rupture of the internal membrane and the removal of a purulent secret outside. At this time, it is required to wash the ear with antimicrobial agents and place combined antibiotics in the hearing organ. Similar procedures are performed only by the otolaryngologist.
General methods for the development of purulent otitis do not differ from standard therapy of inflammation. Antibiotic therapy is carried out in complex formulations. The doctor may prescribe:
If complications occur, the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory substances is required. For this purpose, diclofenac, olfen is suitable.
Dr. Komarovsky answers the question about the treatment of otitis with antibiotics:
Antibacterial drops are often used for local therapy:
- Cipromed - its active component is ciprofloxacin. The drug is widely used for therapy of external and average otitis media. The course is usually not more than 2 weeks. The agent is used in a dosage of 5 drops in each ear three times a day.
- Софрадекс - includes dexamethasone, gramicidin C and fracemicin. Due to this substance has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-histamine effect. The course of therapy can not exceed 1 week. Usually the drug is prescribed 2-3 drops per patient ear three times a day.
- Anaurin - includes neomycin, lidocaine and polymyxin B. Thanks to the use of this medication, it can cope with acute and chronic otitis media. The course of therapy should not exceed a week. Dosage - 4-5 drops 3 times a day.
- Normax is a means of an extensive spectrum of action. It is used to treat external, chronic and purulent otitis media.
The best drugs
If the disease is accompanied by a fever and a strong inflammation, and in the crop, they discover staphylococci and streptococci, penicillins are prescribed. They successfully cope with bacteria, exerting an effect on their shell. This category includes such tools:
For chronic otitis, amoxicillin is prescribed in combination with clavulanic acid. This group includes such agents as augmentin and amoksiklav.
If penicillins do not work, use cephalosporins. Usually prescribe drugs of the second or third generation:
Macrolides may be used if the listed products do not give results. They are also often used in combination with them. This category includes such tools:
Popular video about the treatment of otitis with antibiotics and other drugs:
Can I do without antibacterial drugs
If otitis is not accompanied by complications, therapy can be performed without the use of antibiotics. In such a situation, the following drugs are prescribed:
- antipyretic substances - for example, paracetamol;
- otypax - inject 2 drops in the ears with external, middle or internal otitis;
- nasal sprays to eliminate mucosal edema - nasin, nasol.
The use of antibacterial agents in otitis helps to quickly cope with this ailment. However, only a doctor should select such medicines. Due to this, it will be possible to prevent consequences and quickly eliminate the symptoms of infection.