The use of folk remedies for cough treatment is highly effective and does not cause harm to health. These include honey, milk, vegetable and many other ingredients. To properly choose the composition, you need to take into account the clinical picture of the disease.
The effectiveness of the treatment
The effectiveness of folk recipes directly depends on the symptoms of the pathology. When dry cough occurs, home remedies lead to its transformation into productive.
Thanks to this, it is possible to withdraw congestion of sputum. The use of folk recipes with a moist cough provides a quick cleansing of the respiratory tract from mucus.
The use of home therapy has many advantages:
- folk recipes practically do not cause adverse reactions;
- home remedies have a multi-year history of applications;
- such substances are much cheaper than known drugs;
- can be confident in the naturalness of the composition used;
- ingredients for cooking home remedies are available to everyone.
Recipes of folk remedies for cough
Today, many effective recipes are known that help to eliminate cough and swelling in the throat. To get a good result, it is very important to consider the symptoms.
To cope with such a cough with pharyngitis, expectorants are used. An effective method of treatment are inhalations and other procedures:
- Soda and garlic. To make a useful composition you need to bring to a boil 500 ml of water, add crushed garlic. Remove the product from the plate and put a small spoonful of soda. Cover yourself with a towel and inhale evaporation.
- Essential Oils. Cope with dry cough assist inhalation with oils of cedar, mint, lavender. To do this, bring to a boil 500 ml of water and add a few drops of oil. Such inhalation provides a quick result.
- Sunflower oil. To implement this method, it is enough to take a clean natural cloth and moisten it in oil. Attach to the chest and go to bed.
- Needles. Decoction of this substance quickly displays phlegm. To do this, take 50 g of pine buds and boil a couple of minutes in 500 ml of milk. Take the finished product during the day. For 1 time you need to drink a few sips.
To cope with this type of cough, it is very important to use the means that stimulate the process of excretion of sputum, help to cope with cold and runny nose. To do this, you need to use these recipes:
- Wine with pepper. Take this product in a hot form. Doing this is recommended after eating no more than 3 times a day. Be sure to take this medicine before bed.
- Honey with onions. Take a medium sized bulb, cut and bring to a boil with milk. Leave the broth for 4 hours to insist. Take the remedy for 1 large spoon, taking a break for 4 hours.
How to treat a wet and dry cough with folk remedies:
When this disorder occurs, expectorant teas are used. Also using folk remedies for restoring lung tissue. The most effective recipes include the following:
- Tea from Ayurveda. To do this, in black tea you need to put a small amount of honey, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. At the initial stage, there is a risk of coughing up. However, little by little there will be a regeneration of the lungs, which will help cope with the cough.
- Dairy products. If everyone uses such dishes, the cough will gradually pass. This diet should be observed at least a month, and better - all of life.
- Egg and honey. Take a fresh egg and add 1 tablespoon of honey, vodka, butter. In the resulting composition put a small spoonful of soda. Drink the food on an empty stomach. Usually it is enough 1 time to get rid of a cough. Mustard and honey. Take 50 g of butter and honey, add 1 small spoonful of mustard powder. Take 1 small spoon before eating. After 1-2 days the cough will pass.
Before starting treatment for this type of cough, you must completely abandon allergenic products, minimize contact with household chemicals. To eliminate the pathology, apply such methods:
- Rinses. Experts advise not less than 3 times a day to rinse the oral cavity with warm water.
- Vegetable broths. An excellent action has funds based on succession, chamomile, nettle. You can also use geranium, St. John's wort, eucalyptus.
- Inhalations. To perform the procedure, you should make a potato broth. It is recommended to put the leaves of thyme and eucalyptus and put it on the stove for 5 minutes. The duration of inhalation should be 10 minutes.
- Garlic. To make a useful syrup, take a few cloves of garlic, chop and mix with honey and sugar. It is recommended to insist such a composition for 2 weeks. Then take in the morning. Single dose - 1 large spoon.
How to distinguish an allergic cough from an infectious, see in our video:
To eliminate asthmatic cough, use such remedies:
- Turnip and honey. Mix these ingredients in equal parts and take 1 small spoon. This should be done 4 times a day.
- Collection of herbs. Take in the equal parts motherwort, St. John's Wort, eucalyptus, nettle and mother-and-stepmother. To 1 large spoon collecting add a glass of boiling water. Infuse for 10 days and drink on a spoon for half an hour before meals. This is recommended three times a day.
- Milk and propolis. To stop attacks of asthmatic cough, you need to take 250 ml of warm milk with the addition of propolis tincture in the amount of 15 drops.
- Raisins. Wash 1 cup of raisins and add 1.5 liters of hot water. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes. Strain and strain. Add half of a large spoonful of onion juice to the resulting liquid. Take the drug in the evenings for 10 days.
To cope with this kind of cough, you need to eliminate the underlying pathology. To begin with, you should consult a specialist who will make an accurate diagnosis.
What to do if the symptom is protracted
If coughing is present for a long time and has become chronic, serious enough therapies should be used:
- Honey and butter. Take 100 g of honey, add the same amount of oil and aloe. Stir all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Adult patients are recommended to use 1 large spoon of the product, mixing it with hot milk. In the morning, there is usually an abundance of sputum and respiration is facilitated. Take this drink for a long time.
- Decoction of herbs. Take 25 g of dog rose, kidney pine, wormwood, yarrow, add 1.5 liters of water. Bring to a boil and put on a small fire for 10 minutes. Strain and enter 125 ml of cognac, 100 ml of aloe juice, 250 ml of honey. Drink the medicine three times a day for 1 large spoon. This is recommended for half an hour before meals.
- Tar. This is a relatively fast method of treating a protracted cough. For this purpose it is recommended to use a mixture of 100 ml of warm milk and 2 drops of birch tar. Take this compound is recommended twice a day - on an empty stomach and before bedtime.
- Onions. This remedy perfectly dilutes sputum. To achieve such results, you should consume 1 onion three times a day. Do this with food. It is important to take into account that it is forbidden to use this method in pathologies of the digestive organs.
To make folk remedies useful, it is very important to strictly follow the dosage and adhere to certain recommendations:
- It is forbidden to use onion juice in its pure form. This is especially true for children, since this substance can lead to a burn of the mucous membranes. This recommendation applies to garlic juice.
- If you need to use raw eggs, you need to have a clear confidence in the absence of salmonella in them.
- When using honey, make sure that the patient is not allergic to beekeeping products.
How to treat a cough in a child, says Dr. Komarovsky:
The use of folk recipes helps cope with a cough. However, it is important to consider that breastfeeding is not allowed to be combined with medicines that take away the cough reflex. When sputum stagnation in the respiratory organs is a risk of inflammation.
Treatment reviews, forecast
Numerous reviews of people who actively use folk remedies for cough therapy, confirm their high performance. With proper and timely treatment, the prognosis is usually favorable.
The use of folk recipes for cough allows you to eliminate this unpleasant symptom in a short time. In this case, it is very important to choose the right prescription means and clearly adhere to the rules of its use.