With such a disease as diaper dermatitis, moms have to face quite often. To quickly cope with such a disease should pay attention in time to its symptoms, contact the pediatrician.
This approach prevents the spread of inflammation on the skin, and also does not allow the deterioration of the dermis of the baby. About what symptoms there are and the rapid treatment of diaper dermatitis in newborn babies, as the photos of the patients say, we will tell in this cognitive article.
Features of the disease
Diaper dermatitis is represented by the inflammatory response of the baby's epithelium to mechanical, chemical, physical microbial factors. At risk are girls, children who are on artificial feeding. This disease affects about 60% of newborns.
Inflammatory process can bring discomfort to the baby from the moment of birth to 3 years of age. The course of the disease depends on such factors:
- nature of nutrition;
- skin properties.
Film dermatitis( photo)
Dermal dermatitis often occurs due to a violation of the rules of personal hygiene of the newborn. Skin irritation occurs under the influence of substances with which they contact.
When parents use diapers, diapers, the circle of irritants is as follows:
- Prolonged skin contact of the baby with urine, feces.
- Increased temperature, humidity.
- Fungi that quickly reproduce.
Studies have shown that children's feces of children suffering from diaper dermatitis contain pathogens of candida, Candida albicans fungus. But fungi of this genus in the intestine are activated only when personal hygiene is not respected.
The likelihood of diaper dermatitis, the causative agent of which is candidiasis, is increased due to treatment of the baby with antibiotics. Antibiotics kill bacteria that can inhibit the growth of fungi. Fungal infection develops in favorable conditions, which creates antibiotic treatment.
Occasionally diaper dermatitis may occur due to:
- malnutrition of the baby;
- presence of allergic, congenital diseases( enteropathic acrodermatitis, atopic dermatitis).
About what diaper dermatitis in your video will tell the famous doctor:
Classifications and forms of diaper dermatitis
Diaper dermatitis can be local in nature, localized only in small areas. This lesion of the dermis has a variety of subtypes:
- Dermatitis, affecting the folds of the neck. It occurs when they get on the stomach contents with frequent spitting in the child. The regurgitated masses are provocateurs of the inflammatory process under the clothes, the baby's diaper.
- Perianal dermatitis. Inflammation occupies the area around the anus. The appearance of lesions of the epithelium is affected by: enzyme activity of the feces, peculiarities of nutrition.
- Only lesions of inguinal folds.
- Dermatitis of the genitals( isolated).Its appearance is influenced by the characteristics of urine.
The name "diaper dermatitis" wears different problem areas in the diaper area. They include:
- Loss. This form of irritation is very common. With timely treatment passes without a trace.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. This type of sipi has a bright red color. It eventually forms yellow scales. She initially affects the area of the diaper, then rises up the body of the baby.
- Marginal dermatitis. This irritation is the result of rubbing the skin with the edges of the diaper.
- Candidiasis dermatitis. Appears after a long reception of the baby antibiotics. It has the appearance of a bright red rash that affects the inguinal region. The infection enters the body after 72 hours of progression on the epithelium.
- Atopic dermatitis. This subtype of diaper dermatitis occurs on different parts of the body, moving to the area of the diaper. Her symptom is severe itching.
- Intertrigo. This subspecies is represented by reddening of the epithelium, the cause of which is skin friction against the skin. If it gets on the abrasion of the urine, the dermis can become inflamed, covered with yellow matter.
- Impetigo. This is what is called staphylococcal diaper dermatitis, which affects the area of the diaper. There are two types: bullous( with the appearance of blisters), nebulous( without blisters, represented by scars, covered with a yellowish crust).It affects the lower abdomen, thighs, buttocks.
To accurately establish a subtype of dermatitis, a simple examination is necessary without additional diagnostic procedures. Only with a long course of the disease is a smear used to determine the composition of the microflora on the affected area.
During the course of the disease, 3 stages are distinguished, which are manifested in:
- violation of the protective function of the stratum corneum of the dermis;
- loss of barrier function from infectious pathogens;
- normalization of the epidermal state.
Let's find out what diaper dermatitis looks like in newborns.
Initially, on the skin of the baby appear abrasions, redness in the following areas:
- inguinal folds;
Intermittence is considered the first stage of the disease. If you do not take the necessary measures in time, the process progresses. The phased joining of various components of the mechanism of disease development begins. As a result, dermatitis affects healthy parts of the dermis.
On the affected areas of the epithelium are formed:
- small papules;
- red spots;
- bubbles, inside which a cloudy liquid is contained. They are formed when the disease is neglected, when infection occurs with fungal infection, staphylococcus;
The child becomes moody, cries.
A routine examination should be performed to diagnose diaper dermatitis. Other diagnostic measures may be needed only in the case of a prolonged course of the disease. The pediatrician can direct the child to a swab, which is taken from the affected area of the dermis. It is needed to determine the microflora.
An exact diagnosis is made by the doctor during the clinical examination. In uncomplicated course of the disease, additional laboratory tests are not required.
And now let's find out how to treat diaper dermatitis in babies.
Treatment of diaper dermatitis can be performed by a medicamentous method and folk remedies. It involves the implementation of such items:
- Compliance with personal hygiene rules.
- Elimination of the inflammatory process by means of creams, ointments.
For treatment of diaper dermatitis with ointments and other medicines, read below.
Medical treatment of diaper dermatitis consists in the following algorithm of actions:
- Remove the diaper, wash the affected area of the dermis( genitals, buttocks) with warm running water.
- Limit or exclude the use of all kinds of hygiene products. As a hygienic, use hypoallergenic soap or warm water without anything.
- Moisten the dermis with a towel. You can not perform rubbing movements.
- Before applying therapeutic agents, it is recommended to take an air bath after wiping the skin with a cotton swab moistened with a warm solution of oak, chamomile, and string.
- Apply to the affected area of the epithelium anti-inflammatory, antibacterial agent( cream, ointment).For this purpose, you can use "Lanolin", "Vaseline", "Zinc Ointment".Also, the treatment of the dermis can be performed with talc, "Sudokrem", cream "Desitin", "Bepantenom", "Drapolenom", "D-Panthenol".
- If the child has signs of a fungal infection, the doctor may prescribe "Miconazole", "Clotrimazole".
- In the presence of a bacterial suppuration of the baby, antibacterial ointments( eye tetracycline ointment) are prescribed.
The following section will tell you how and how to treat diaper dermatitis in a newborn baby at home.
For the treatment of diaper dermatitis, Dr. Komarovsky will voice his opinion in the video below:
Popular methods of
Among the popular methods of treating dermatitis, the following are effective:
- Air baths. They are recommended for carrying out when changing a diaper.
- Change diapers more often than with healthy skin. Do not wear a new diaper at once, let the epithelium breathe.
- You can use herbal infusions, prepared from celandine, chamomile, string. Infusions of these plants contribute to the removal of irritation, they dry the skin. The herbs are prepared half an hour before bathing.2 tbsp.l.dry plants are brewed in a glass of boiling water. After insisting for half an hour, the contents of the glass should be poured into the bath.
Prevention of disease
The best way to treat dermatitis is its prevention. The skin of the baby should be kept clean, dry. If irritation still appears, use the following measures:
- Use of baby diapers. The use of this hygiene means significantly reduces the likelihood of the disease.
- Frequent change of diapers. Newborns need to change their diapers after each stool, and in older children 3-4 times a day.
- Wash genitals, buttocks should be carried out very carefully and with each change of diaper.
- Frequent application of a protective cream with zinc on the dermis in the area of the diaper.
- Maximum restriction of the use of hygiene products( soaps, creams).Soap should be used only once a day, so as not to overdry the skin of the baby.
As the main complication of the disease is the infection of the skin. Without timely treatment, the following complications occur, in which the inflammation penetrates into the deep layers of the dermis:
- candidiasis dermatitis.
In case of complications, the baby's fever rises, he becomes listless( restless), his appetite decreases, sleep is disturbed.
The mild form of the disease is subject to rapid treatment. You can get rid of it literally in 3-4 days.
If the inflammatory process is started, it is difficult to treat, there may be relapses. In case of complications, a dermatologist, an immunologist, a gastroenterologist, an allergist should be examined.
Parents will be given useful advice on diaper dermatitis in the video below: