Angina is one of the most common ailments in children and adults, which can be allergic or infectious. That the scheme or plan of therapy has been picked up correctly, it is necessary to pass or take place detailed diagnostics. To do this, doctors appoint a number of procedures.
Etiology of the disease
This term refers to the defeat of tonsils, which has a viral, bacterial or allergic origin and is characterized by acute leakage. Ordinal tonsils usually suffer.
Angina is accompanied by quite typical manifestations:
- acute onset - severe fever, headaches, etc.;
- severe sore throat;
- increased pain when swallowing;
- enlargement and hyperemia of the tonsils;
- appearance of a plaque on the tonsils - mucous or purulent;
- signs of intoxication - sweating, weakness, poor health;
- increased heart rate;
- aches in the joints;
- enlarged lymph nodes.
Analgesies for angina
To make an accurate diagnosis, the physician should analyze the patient's complaints, conduct an examination and palpation of the neck, areas in the ear and occiput. It is necessary to perform pharyngoscopy, which consists in examining the oral cavity and pharynx. After initial procedures, additional examinations are scheduled.
The main diagnostic test is a general clinical blood test. Thanks to this, it is possible to determine the causative agent of the pathology, the degree of its development, the severity of the immune response.
The blood test for angina, which is associated with a viral infection, has this picture:
- the level of white blood cells remains normal - sometimes it can slightly shift;
- the lymphocyte content increases;
- the number of monocytes slightly exceeds the normal values;
- the volume of neutrophils decreases;
- the rate of erythrocyte sedimentation increases.
In the bacterial nature of the disease, the following symptoms are observed:
- , the number of leukocytes significantly increases;
- increases the volume of stab neutrophils;
- there are young forms - myelocytes, metamyelocytes;
- a decrease in the percentage of lymphocytes is observed;
- the rate of erythrocyte sedimentation is high.
Usually this analysis is sufficient for diagnosis of the disease. However, sometimes more precise research is required:
- ASLO - helps to identify antibodies to anti-streptolysin-O.It is used to detect streptococcal tonsillitis.
- Streptokinase - also helps to detect antibodies to streptococcal infection.
- C-reactive protein - is considered a nonspecific marker of the presence of infection in the body.
- Biochemical studies of urea levels and the detection of creatinine - are used to detect complications of tonsillitis on the kidneys.
To get an objective picture, when passing the analysis, you must adhere to such rules:
- blood is always taken to an empty stomach - at least 6 hours after eating, preferably in the first half of the day;
- 2 days before the change, you must give up alcohol;
- 1 hour before the analysis should not smoke.
How to decipher blood tests, see in our video:
With the development of angina, protein components and red blood cells can appear in the urine. After restoration, the analysis becomes normal.
In order for the results to be reliable, before you perform the analysis, you must abandon alcoholic beverages, vegetables and fruits that can change the shade of urine.
Physical or psychological stress is also not recommended. Do not take diuretics.
Smear from the pharynx to the tank sowing
In this case, a smear is taken from the patient's throat, which is then sent to the laboratory. It is there that sowing is carried out on nutrient media. From the smear grow colonies of bacterial microorganisms. This allows us to identify their appearance and assess the sensitivity to antibiotics.
Sowing is considered a standard diagnostic procedure that allows you to accurately detect bacteria. This technique is used to detect asymptomatic carriage of streptococcus in follicular or lacunar angina. Minus is the high duration of the procedure. It takes 1-2 weeks to get results.
How to take a swab from the nose and throat
The procedure is required for frequent occurrence of sore throat. It is performed in the chronic form of an ailment to determine the level of immune defense.
What tests are performed after
recovery? After recovery, blood tests are usually scheduled - general and detailed. Echocardiogram, ultrasound of the heart, rheumatic tests may also be required.
What tests should be taken during a sore throat and after:
Diagnostic value of
The most informative procedure is a clinical examination. Its interpretation helps to determine a patient's condition without additional research. Thanks to this procedure, the doctor develops tactics for further action.
Analyzes with angina help to accurately diagnose. The list of necessary studies is prescribed by the otolaryngologist depending on the examination data. Due to the diagnosis, it is possible to identify the pathology and type of pathogen.