Colds, runny nose, sore throat accompany people throughout their lives. Therefore, in this material, there will be a detailed speech on the treatment of pharyngitis in the home in adults. With the help of proper treatment, the ailment can be successfully and quickly stopped at an early stage of development.
Treatment of pharyngitis in adults with
preparations Symptoms and treatment of acute pharyngitis
Symptoms and treatment of pharyngitis in children
Symptoms, causes and treatment of granulitis pharyngitis
Treatment of chronic pharyngitis in adults
The main symptoms of pharyngitis:
- elevated body temperature;
- general condition deterioration;
- dryness in the throat;
- in the throat pershit, there is a general discomfort;
- may experience a lump in the throat;
- wants to cough without clear cause, clear throat;
Important! As in the throat with pharyngitis there is a constant discomfort, you want to swallow more often. Together with this process, a person swallows slime, which is located on the back wall of the throat. As a result, the mucosa is strongly irritated, which interferes with normal vital activity.
Acute pharyngitis symptoms
Symptoms of the disease, symptoms:
- sore throat;
- discomfort when swallowing saliva and food;
- pain in the larynx, can give on the ears.
Treatment of the disease at home
Depending on the degree of development of the disease, chronic or acute, pharyngitis is treated by various complex methods.
Treatment of acute pharyngitis includes:
- diet food( exclude food that irritates the throat);
- do not consume cold and alcoholic beverages;
- doing foot baths;
- gargle after each meal;
- at night drink warm milk, with butter and honey( if there is no allergy to it);
- breathe over steam( broths of herbs, plant twigs, special preparations for the removal of inflammation);
- use sprays( Ingalipt, Cameton, Bicarmint);
- use suction lollipops( Strepsils, Pharygosept, Agizespt);
- inhaler Bioparox( contains antibiotic, has anti-inflammatory properties).
Treatment requires a competent approach. Find out the cause of the disease and take the necessary measures:
- consequence of other diseases, the presence of infections in the body( you need to deal with their treatment);
- requires compliance with the diet( abandon bad habits, exclude sharp, salty, fried, sweet food);
- not to drink much cold and hot drinks;
- use antibacterial drugs( Bioparox, Imudon);
- use solutions that have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects( sage, chamomile);
- absorbable tablets( Sepptelet, Strepsils, Pharyngosept);
- Sprays that relieve inflammation( Hexoral, Cameton);
- inhalation with essential oils;
- intake of vitamin, drugs that strengthen immunity.
To properly treat pharyngitis at home in adults, you must first visit a doctor. He not only advises pharmaceuticals, but he himself will recommend certain methods of home treatment. Folk methods help to cope with the symptoms and restore the overall normal state.
Treatment of purulent pharyngitis should be complex. This includes diet throughout the course, and even after it( exclude salty, smoked, cold, hot, spicy, alcoholic), drink more water, at least two liters a day. It is also recommended:
- to comply with bed rest, not to burden the body;
- ventilate the room more often;
- antipyretics( Nimesil, Paracetamol);
- choose antitussive drug, depending on the nature of the cough( Sinekod, Doctor Mom, Ambrobene);
- anti-inflammatory( Bronchomax);
- painkillers from the throat( Agicept, Strepsils);
- rinse( Furacilin, Miramistin, Chlorophyllipt, sage, eucalyptus);
- lubricate the affected areas of the throat with products containing glycerin or oil.
First of all fungal pharyngitis needs antifungal drugs:
- Diflucan, Flucanazole;
- Nistanin, Levorin;
Since the frequent cause of the appearance of the fungus is a disturbed intestinal microflora, the mandatory intake of drugs Linex, Acipol, Bactisubtil.
Sore throat, topical treatment:
- Lugol solution;
- herb chamomile, sage.
Gargling does not always have the opportunity, it's uncomfortable, so you can use Rotokan or Hexoral spray. At the same time recommended the reception of immunostimulants.
How to quickly cure the throat
To quickly cure pharyngitis, you need to get rid of the factor that caused the disease. With prescribed treatment, dietary foods should be abolished, alcohol should not be spared, you should not pamper yourself with cold juices or ice cream.
Combine the treatment of medicines with folk remedies. A good effect can be obtained from the self-prepared syrup:
- 100 grams of grated garlic in small grater is covered with buckwheat honey in an enameled container, put the mixture on a slow fire and melt it.
- Strain, take the whole day at an interval of 1 hour, until recovery.
What are the recommendations to adhere to in treatment:
- to try to stay at home for several days and not to contact other people. During pharyngitis, the body is weakened and can quickly pick up other infections;
- does not necessarily comply with bed rest, but to restore strength it is recommended to sleep a few hours in the afternoon;
- eat food that is easily digested, contains many vitamins, trace elements;
- discard completely from spicy and fried and salty foods;
- to drink a lot is not necessary. Although, warm milk or herbal tea will help ease the condition, calm the pain in the throat. You can drink milk with honey, green tea with lemon, fruit cockles based on red berries, alkaline mineral water, not aerated;
- during the treatment period, try not to smoke, not to drink alcoholic beverages;
- use individual hygiene products and utensils during treatment;
- conduct a permanent wet cleaning of the room where the patient is.
What pharmacy drugs will help
There are many safe medicines that will help cope with the first signs of pharyngitis.
Important! It is best, before taking medication, to consult a doctor. This is especially true for pregnant women.
If there are no negative reactions to the antiviral agent chosen for treatment, it can be used already at the first signs of the virus. Doctors with pharyngitis prescribe "Groprinosin", "Isoprinosine", "Amizon" or "Ingavirin".
Other components of drug therapy:
- Without fail, you need to gargle regularly every day for several hours. Pharmacy antiseptic solutions can be purchased at an affordable price.
- Throat lozenges( Lisobakt, Faryngosept, Strepsils and others), as well as various types of sprays( Cameton, Tera Flu, Ingalipt and others) are recommended for use. They have an anti-inflammatory effect, eliminate pain.
- For the treatment of cough syrups are bought on a plant basis. They will help expectorate sputum.
- To moisten the mucous membrane, which has been drained during the period of illness, and also to provoke the appearance of sputum, inhalations are made by a nebulizer. As solutions, only special formulations can be taken.
Often prescribe antibacterial drugs from penicillins, in some cases - cephalosporins. If a patient has an allergic reaction to beta-lactams, macrolide therapy is necessary. When choosing antibiotics, you need to consider the causes, symptoms of the ailment:
- Benzylpenicillin( with streptococci and pneumococci);
- Ampicillin( with Escherichia coli, inflammation of the ears, respiratory tract infection);
- Carbenicillin( Pseudomonas aeruginosa);
- Diclosacillin( staphylococcus);
- Oxacillin( less active with staphylococcus);
- Ceftriaxone( most common, more powerful of the above);
- Erythromycin( pathology of moderate severity).
Since taking antibiotics destroys the microflora, it is important to use probiotics in parallel. It is possible after the course of treatment to perform antifungal therapy.
Treatment with nebulizer
Nebulizer is an inhalation with the help of:
- of mineral water( Borjomi, Nabeglavi, Essentuki - with a dry cough);
- saline( solution of Furacilin and saline 1: 1 - destroys the fungus);
- Acetylcysteine (antibiotic, apply after consultation with a doctor).
Inhalation is recommended in the absence of fever.
Folk remedies for the treatment of
Many practitioners agree that the treatment of pharyngitis at home in adults should be combined with various folk methods. Comprehensive, correctly selected therapy will bring its effect in the fastest cure.
Important! Doctors strongly advise to use only traditional medicine for the treatment of pharyngitis. Otherwise, serious complications can develop in the disease. At a minimum, the recovery phase will be prolonged.
Herbs for rinsing the throat
Infusions of herbs of sage and chamomile, eucalyptus, calendula can be safely used to rinse your mouth. These herbs have an excellent antiseptic effect. For 10 g of the selected raw material, 0.2 liters of water is taken. Rinse for five minutes, every 1-2 hours.
Inhalation of herbs
Inhalations of herbal infusions are also effective in the treatment of pharyngitis. You can take as chamomile, sage and eucalyptus separately, and use different options for herbal dues.
It is necessary to dilute 30 drops of tincture in 100 ml of warm water and use for gargling. However, do not rinse often: no more than 4 times a day. Tinctures are sold in pharmacies, they do not even need to be specially prepared.
Inhalations can be made on the basis of coniferous buds. To 20 g of kidneys is poured a mug of boiling water. The method is effective due to the fact that the kidney pine contains vitamin C, which the body needs to fight infections and viruses.
Cocoa butter will help cope with a symptom such as pharyngitis cough. You need to dissolve a slice of half a teaspoon in warm milk. Drink four times a day.
For the removal of inflammation of the larynx, the usual blackberry is used. And, not berries, but a decoction of leaves. You can rinse your tincture with a tincture or make inhalations, drink as a tea( then you can add leafs and fruits to the tea).
Treatment of pharyngitis in the home in adults is possible only when the disease has an easy form. If a person is inclined to allergic reactions, you should try to carefully use both medicines and methods of people's treatment.
During the first few days after starting treatment at home, the patient's condition should improve. If this does not happen, call a doctor.