Increased activity of the immune system is a task that is topical for many people. Frequent seasonal colds reduce the quality of life, so I want to find a drug that will relieve the ailments. It is worth knowing that it is artificially impossible to increase immunity. But if you softly affect the immune system, you can increase the activity of the lowered immune system to normal. It is for this that the Immunal drug is needed.
Composition, form of release, packaging
Immunal is a natural herbal preparation based on the echinacea purpurea extract, or, more precisely, the herb of this plant collected during the flowering period.
Immunal can be found in two forms of release:
- tablets - round beige smooth;
- solution for oral administration is a brown saturated color, possibly with a precipitate.
In addition to the extract of Echinacea, the solution contains ethanol, which facilitates the rapid penetration of the active ingredient into the blood and sorbitol( emulsifier).
Tablets other than the active substance include:
- flavor with cherry flavor;
- magnesium stearate - excipient;
- Silicii dioxydum is a sorbent;
Also, the preparation includes vitamins in the preparation Immunal plus C.
Immunal is manufactured in Switzerland by the company Sandoz( Sandoz).The company produces medicines that are sold all over the world.
Immunal is recommended for frequent colds, to eliminate symptoms of ailment. Another drug shortens the rehabilitation period after a respiratory illness.
How to increase the immunity of a child, see in our video:
Drugs for improving the performance of immunity are contraindicated if the activity of immunity is already violated. Thus, the medicine can not be drunk with allergies and autoimmune ailments, even during remission.
Mechanism of action
Immunal works by increasing the number of leukocytes in the blood and increasing the activity of phagocytes. Immunal not only strengthens immunity, but also fights with already existing infections. Including, the urgency of reception of Immunal against a herpes infection is proved.
Instruction for use
The dosage of the Immunal is determined by age.
The Immunal Tablet Form is assigned:
- 4-6 years - per capsule once a day;
- 6-12 years - twice a day by capsule;
- from age 12 and adult - by capsule three times a day.
Syrup( drops) is prescribed:
- 1-6 years - 1 ml three times a day;
- 6-12 years - 1.5 ml 3 times a day;
- with 12 years and adults - 2.5 ml 3 times a day.
The length of the course of treatment and prevention is determined by the therapist.
Side effects of
In exceptional situations, an allergy to Immunal components is likely. If the medicine is drunk more than two months continuously, leukopenia can occur - a decrease in the number of white blood cells in the blood.
No signs or cases of overdose have been identified.
- Before the appointment of an Immunologist, a pediatrician is needed for children under 12 years of age.
- If undesirable effects occur, the Immunal should be stopped and visited by a specialist.
- When the Immunal is taken as a remedy to eliminate the already existing symptoms, you need to monitor the dynamics. If the symptoms of an illness do not disappear for more than 10 days, you need to visit a doctor.
Immunal should not be used together with antibiotics. After completing the course of antibiotic therapy, wait at least 72 hours to begin the Immunal course.
Immunal in the form of a solution containing ethanol must be combined with other drugs with caution, since ethanol can neutralize the effect of drugs or enhance unwanted effects.
Immunal should not be taken together with immunosuppressants - glucocorticosteroids, cytostatics.
Brief summary of the preparation Immunal, features of the pregnancy and children's reception in our video:
According to the recall, Immunal is more often used with already starting cold, rather than for its prevention. Patients emphasize that, unlike the synthetic medication, Immunal acts milder, it has virtually no side effects.
The price for the Immunal
The Immunal Tablet form will cost the buyer 260 rubles per package with 20 tablets. The bottle of the solution costs 250 rubles on average.
An analogue of Immunal can be called a product manufactured in Germany by Dr. Theiss Echinacea forte. A bottle with a solution costs 300 rubles on average.
More budget options for the alternative can be found under the names:
- Echinacea( herb for brewing)( Russia) - 50 rubles;
- Echinacea extra capsules( Russia) - 85 rubles;
- tincture of Echinacea( RF) - 160 rub.;
- Immunorm-Teva( Israel) - 175 rubles.
In the photo analogues of Immunal
Conditions for dispensing from pharmacies
Immunal can be bought without a prescription from a doctor, but for better treatment it is better to consult a therapist.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be kept in the dark, in a place of compact temperature and low humidity. Tablets can not be drunk after 2 years, solution - 3 years.