Ivan-tea refers to unpretentious plants that can be found on glades, fringes, river banks of many other places. In the photo of the plant you can see how beautifully blooms this is more amazing plant. However, in addition to its external appeal, Ivan-tea has unusually useful properties for the body. His medicinal properties were noticed by our ancestors. However, in modern folk medicine, the plant has not lost its popularity and is successfully used for the treatment of various diseases.
How to brew Ivan-tea correctly
Therapeutic properties and contra-indications of Ivan-tea
We collect and dry the willow-tea
correctly. Ivan-tea with diabetes: will it do good or not?
Can Ivan-tea be pregnant?
What does the plant look like and where does Ivan the tea grow? Externally, Ivan-tea has light green oblong leaves and beautiful purple inflorescences. Unusual flowers can be easily seen on the photo of the plant. After the flowers bloom, fluffy boxes are formed in their place, in which the seeds of Ivan tea are ripening. Common areas where you can meet the grass are forest glades, meadows, river coasts and arches.
In the people this plant also has the name "fireman".Such a nickname Ivan-tea received due to the fact that the plant first appears in places after a fire. Also, many call it "fire grass".Because of the belonging of the plant to the family of spray, the grass is also called "kiprei".
Composition of the plant
Ivan-tea has an incredibly rich biochemical composition. The presence of many useful substances provides its benefit and effectiveness for the treatment of various ailments. So, the composition of the spray contains the following components:
- analogues of vitamin A - carotenoids;
- useful acids;
- tanning agents;
The description of the plant will be incomplete if you do not mention the presence in it of polysaccharides and phytosterols and a huge number of vitamins and trace elements that are unusually beneficial to the human body. The plant contains zinc, potassium, boron, nickel, calcium and many other substances.
Important! In Ivan tea, an extremely large amount of ascorbic acid. Here it is 5-6 times more than in lemons and oranges.
The Benefit of Ivan Tea for the Body
Cyprus has enormous beneficial properties for the human body. Tea not only beneficially affects all systems and organs of man, but also has an incredible taste. To date, the varieties of Ivan tea are very wide. It can be found both in pure form, and with the addition of various other useful plants. So, what is the use of tea for the body?
- Regular use of tea positively affects the immunity and overall well-being of a person.
- With this drink you can get rid of harmful substances, such as slags and toxins. The components of the plant have a powerful antioxidant property.
- With anemia Ivan-tea is also indispensable. The drink significantly improves blood composition, increases hemoglobin.
- The use of tea allows to normalize all metabolic processes of the body.
- Positive effect of kiprei has on the organs of the endocrine system.
For colds, drinking tea has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antiseptic effects. Tea is indispensable for both treatment and prevention of influenza and colds. To the properties of Ivan tea also include:
- A beneficial effect is on the psycho-emotional state of a person. Drinking a drink helps relieve stress, calm down, get rid of feelings, normalize sleep.
- For the digestive system, tea is also extremely useful. It has a diuretic, choleretic property, eliminates the inflammatory processes of the stomach and other organs of the digestive tract.
- During warming, you can take a slightly warm tea, the drink helps to remove heat and saturate the body with useful vitamins.
- Excellent kiprej works at various pains. With headache, dental or any other pain, it is recommended to drink the product in a warm form 3-4 times a day.
- With sore throat, tonsillitis and various colds, decoction of the plant is recommended to gargle 3-4 times a day.
Important! Cyprus is considered to be a male grass. Regular use of a drink in the form of tea helps to increase the potency and overall well-being of a man.
When to collect Ivan-tea? For independent preparation of medicinal raw material, the plant is torn off during its flowering period. To do this, cut flowers and leaves of grass. It is recommended to leave roots in the ground. You can collect flowers and leaves separately. It is also worth noting that if you do not assemble a plant during its flowering period, it will not have useful properties.
Dry the plant in several ways. In the first case, flowers and leaves are laid out in a well-ventilated room on paper napkins or a regular newspaper. After drying, the raw material is ground and stored in bags of natural fabric.
The second way is more complicated. To do this, the grass is slightly dried for 10-12 hours, then it is twisted into thin tubes, and placed in a bowl, covered with a wet cloth. In this form, the plant is left for several hours. The final step is drying the leaves in a lightly heated oven. After the raw material is deposited in bags or paper bags. Store the plant in glass or tin is not recommended.
There are plants similar to Ivan-tea( see photo).When harvesting grass, it is important not to confuse them with a real kipreem.
How to make tea?
The recipe for brewing boiling water is quite simple, but it is still different for the preparation of ordinary tea. So, the procedure is as follows:
- You can cook tea in glass or ceramic pots. During the brewing you can feel the incredibly pleasant aroma of the drink and its stunning color.
- Grass at the rate of 2 tablespoons per 500 ml.water is poured with steep boiling water and left to stand under the closed lid for 10-15 minutes. Ready-made drink is considered when the leaves completely sink to the bottom.
- Water for making a drink must be of high quality, without the addition of various impurities. Various additives can affect the quality of the taste of the drink.
- Before pouring tea on the cups, the contents of the brewer should be stirred once more.
Important! Essential oils in the tea make it possible to preserve the properties of the drink for up to five days. This allows you to store tea in the refrigerator and use it in a cold form in the summer.
You can also brew tea in a thermos. This method will allow you to feel even more strongly the taste qualities of the plant. To do this, in a thermos with a volume of 0.5 or 1 liter, 2 or 4 tablespoons of herbs are placed and poured with steep boiling water. The lid of the thermos should be densely clogged and leave the drink to infuse for 2-3 hours. You can drink tea with sugar or chalk to taste.
Recipes of traditional medicine
In addition to brewing in the form of tea, the spray is used in some recipes of traditional medicine. The following tools are popular.
Treatment of digestive organs
For the prevention and treatment of diseases of the digestive system it is recommended to prepare a concentrated infusion of leaves and flowers of the plant. To do this, a tablespoon of herbs pour a glass of boiling water and cover with a lid. The infusion time is 20-30 minutes. Take the remedy for half a glass morning and evening.
Healing agent for burns and wounds
To prepare the medicine in enameled dishes place art.l.plants and fill it with 500 ml of cold water. On a slow fire, the agent is brought to a boil and boiled for another 15-20 minutes. After cooling, the broth is used for rubbing and bathing.
Drug for psoriasis and other skin problems
Leaves of cyprus( 2 items of l.) Must be grinded into powder and mixed with one tsp.petroleum jelly. Ingredients should be thoroughly mixed and added to 10 drops of sea buckthorn oil. The resulting ointment is applied to the affected areas several times a day for 20-30 minutes.
In some cases, the use of Ivan tea and medications on its basis is strictly prohibited. Contraindications include:
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Children under 6 years.
- People, with personal intolerance to plant components.
- Patients with high acidity of the stomach.
It is very important to consult a specialist before drinking tea. This will help to eliminate many complications and side effects.