Many people do not want to drink antibacterial drugs, because they think that they are much more harm than good. In the case of angina such an approach is absolutely not true.
Angina is a bacterial or viral disease that occurs due to inflammation of the tonsils. Antibiotics for angina in adults are prescribed almost always, regardless of the form and severity of the disease.
Because this disease causes complications in the form of disruption of the kidneys, rheumatism and otitis media, it is very important to contact a specialist in time to prescribe a course of treatment.
What antibiotics should I take with a sore throated adult so that the treatment is safe and effective? In this material, we will try to choose the best antibiotic that will quickly cope with sore throat.
How to take it?
Antibiotics should be administered according to certain rules, otherwise with uncontrolled admission, the sensitivity of bacteria to the drug will decrease, and in the future, when it is really necessary, the antibiotic will not help.
It is necessary to take an antibiotic before meals( 1 hour), or 2 hours after eating, so that nothing interferes with its absorption. Antimicrobial agent should be washed down with water.
Each drug has its own instruction, which indicates how many times a day and how much medicine can be taken. In addition, your doctor will describe the scheme of reception in more detail.
Purulent tonsillitis is characterized by redness and swelling of the glands, neck edema, severe sore throat, an increase in lymph nodes. The very name of the disease determines the presence of festering plugs on the tonsils.
For the treatment of purulent sore throat, the doctor always prescribes an antibiotic, and which one, depends on the individual characteristics and causative agent of the disease.
are needed There are certain criteria for prescribing antibiotic therapy:
- There is a visible purulent incision on the tonsils.
- With a combination of the above symptoms, the patient does not have a cough and runny nose.
- There is a significant prolonged temperature rise( above 38 ° C).
- There are painful sensations in the submaxillary region of the neck, palpated enlarged lymph nodes.
In the presence of all these symptoms, the doctor will necessarily prescribe an adult antibiotic, even without waiting for the results of tests and examinations aimed at determining the causative agents of the disease. It is important not to confuse the common cold and sore throat, because with a viral infection, antibiotics are ineffective.
Remember, if uncontrolled treatment with antibacterial drugs, you can not only earn allergies and dysbacteriosis, but also raise a generation of microbes that will remain in the tonsils, but will be insensitive to this type of antibiotic. Provide a choice to a specialist.
What are they?
Antibiotics for adults are produced both in tablets and in injections. Effective for the treatment of angina, the following groups of drugs:
- Penicillins ( eg, Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Amoxiclav, Augmentin, Oxacillin, Ampiox, Flemoxin, etc.);
- Macrolides of ( eg, Azithromycin, Sumamed, Rulid, etc.);
- Tetracyclines ( eg, Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Macropen, etc.);
- Fluoroquinolones ( eg, Sparfloxacin, Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, Pefloxacin, Ofloxacin, etc.);
- Cephalosporins ( eg, Cyphran, Cephalexin, Ceftriaxone, etc.).
The drugs of choice for purulent angina are antibiotics from the penicillin group.
The best antibiotic for angina
In most cases, angina is caused by streptococci and staphylococci. Therefore, in the treatment of angina antibiotics, adults are most often prescribed drugs penicillin series, which are most effective against the above microorganisms.
The best antibacterial drugs in this group are:
- Amoxicillin - it is prescribed most often. Price 227.00 руб.
- Panklav - 325.00 rub.
- Flemoxin Solutab - 227.00 rub.
- Rapiklav - 345.00 rub.
- Augmentin - 275.00 rub.
- Amoxiclav - 227.00 rub.
Unfortunately, in some cases, adults or children are allergic to penicillins. Such people are prescribed antibiotics of other pharmacological groups: fluoroquinolones, tetracyclines, cephalosporins, macrolides.
Do not forget that self-treatment of angina with antibiotics is contraindicated, since untreated angina can cause not only a longer and more expensive treatment, but also lead to serious health problems, kidney and heart disorders, and weakened people and people withimmunodeficiency even cause death.
Why do I need antibacterial treatment?
Timely prescription of antibiotics for angina allows:
- to prevent acute rheumatic fever;
- prevent purulent-inflammatory complications;
- to reduce the severity of clinical manifestations of angina;
- to prevent the infection of bacterial infections of family members, colleagues, neighbors and so on;
- to reduce the likelihood of complications, including cardiological.
When the causative agent of angina is already resistant to this or that drug, then within 72 hours there is no noticeable improvement( the temperature does not drop, the plaque persists, the general condition does not improve), in this case, the antibiotic needs to be replaced by another one.
In addition to antibiotics
To make the disease go away faster, some rules should be followed at home.
- Bed rest mode .The patient needs complete rest. This will help reduce irritation and headache.
- Antipyretic. Take funds that lower the temperature, it is necessary only when it increases above 38 degrees.
- Rinse throat. This will help to remove irritation and pain. To prepare the broth, you can take chamomile, sage, calendula. A good effect is also given by medicinal solutions of Furacilin, Chlorhexidine.
- Drinking drink .A large amount of liquid will help remove toxins from the body, which contribute to the development of symptoms of the disease.
Antibiotics for sore throats in adults quickly relieve the symptoms of this unpleasant disease, so do not hesitate, contact your doctor.
The antibiotic is effective against a large number of bacteria that provoke angina. Medics prescribe amoxicillin as a first-line drug for angina, because it is effective enough and has few side effects.
Among the adverse reactions that can occur when taking amixicillin, there is vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach. The most severe reactions to the drug are leukopenia, pseudomembranous colitis, agranulocytosis, anaphylactic shock. The price is 227 rubles( 375 mg tablets, 15 pcs.).