Consistency, color and even the smell of stool can tell a lot about the state of human health. This fact was taken into account even by ancient healers. Therefore, if suddenly a chair suddenly became dark - this is an occasion to seriously think about the reasons for such changes.
Perhaps everything is explained by ordinary and harmless things - for example, eating certain foods. But sometimes dark feces indicate serious diseases that require immediate medical intervention.
In addition, there are a number of chronic ailments and conditions in which a blackened stool is in any case a dangerous and highly suspicious symptom. In this material, we will try to understand: why the feces of dark color, we will analyze the causes of this problem in adults.
In severe adult health disorders, in addition to black stools, the following symptoms may occur:
- bloody vomiting;
- bright red bleeding from the rectum;
- dizziness or weakness( from loss of blood).
If the cause of the appearance of the black stool is unclear, it is necessary to see a doctor immediately to examine the stool for the presence of blood. Sometimes, with a large amount of such a chair, there is a danger of shock due to significant blood loss.
What should be the color of feces in a healthy person?
In principle, the color of the stool in a healthy person should be brown or shades of brown.
The color of the stool is influenced by so many factors of : it is the food( color depends on the food that people use), and the taking of medications at the moment. Also, the color of stool is affected by human diseases. If the intake of bile into the intestine is interrupted, then the feces completely lose light and become gray-white.
Causes of dark colored stools in adults
First of all, having discovered a dark feces, it is worth analyzing what was used in the last two or three days: food, beverages and medicines.
For example, preparations containing iron, stain the feces black, as well as grapes eaten on the eve or red beet. In this case, it is worthwhile to follow the condition of an adult person for several days, when he does not take medications or stops using foods staining feces.
The causes of dark feces can be the following:
- Fine inclusions of in dark color - can result from eating fruits with small grains or seeds( raspberries, grapes).
- Dark worms in feces - they are often mistaken for parasites. But, as a rule, the reason is the eating of a large number of bananas. The worms are usually whitish or yellowish in color.
- Liquid, dark feces - most often with gastrointestinal bleeding. As a result of the action of digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid, the blood in the feces becomes black, which causes such staining of the stool. When bleeding from the large intestine feces will not be black, but will have the appearance of "crimson jelly."
- Dark stool with blood veins - can be with a number of diseases of the large intestine, for example, with Crohn's disease. In this case, you must urgently consult a doctor.
- The appearance of of a black stool after operation may also be a sign of internal bleeding( especially if the operation was performed on the stomach or intestine).
Dark feces are not always a sign of the disease, but if there is a suspicion that something is wrong with the body, and dark feces are accompanied by a deterioration in the general state of the body, do not self-diagnose and self-medicate.
Cal dark green
What does this mean? The appearance of a dark green liquid stool is often a sign of intestinal infections. In this case, soon other signs are added to this symptom:
- elevated body temperature;
- abdominal pain;
Dark feces with a greenish tinge of normal consistency can be observed with various liver diseases associated with a decrease in its functional activity:
- fibrosis, etc.
This is due to insufficient liver utilization of hemoglobin and release of iron compounds into the duodenum. Symptoms such as:
- pain in the right hypochondrium can also be observed;
- bitterness in the mouth;
Dark feces during pregnancy
Pregnancy is often accompanied by digestive system disorders. Constipation, flatulence, nausea, diarrhea are frequent companions of expectant mothers. Changing the color of stools during pregnancy in 90% is the norm and does not require special treatment.
- Reception of iron-containing preparations .Elementary intake of B vitamins and iron preparations provokes the appearance of a darker than usual stool. However, there are no other changes on the part of the body. The color of the stool becomes natural immediately after the withdrawal of the remedy.
- Problems with the liver. In pregnancy, all body systems are under tremendous strain, hormonal changes can affect the internal organs, including the liver. Liver diseases are accompanied by heaviness and aching pain in the right side, the appearance of a bitter taste in the mouth, nausea, darkening of the stool.