Thanks to the unique biochemical composition, sage, the photo of a plant we will consider in the article, is a real panacea for a variety of ailments. Our great-grandparents appreciated the benefits of grass and successfully used it against various diseases in fresh and dried form.
Useful properties and contraindications for sage
How to take sage for conception
Therapeutic properties and contraindications of sage for women
How to properly prepare and apply wormwood
Apply nettle oil for the treatment of
An amazing herb from the Mediterranean is brought. Mention of her was found in the records of the ancient Greeks and Romans. A well-known ancient Greek physician gave the plant the name "sacred grass".
Description and types of sage
Salvia officinalis, another pharmacy name, belongs to the family of clearing. Also it is called "Salvia".What does sage look like? A perennial plant in the form of a half-shrub reaches a height of more than 70 centimeters. The stems are strong enough, the root is marked with stinging. Sage leaves are dense and densely located. Their shape is oblong or ovate.
Inflorescences are racemose, have a white, purple or lilac shade. See photos in the article.
Salvia varieties are very wide. Next, consider the most common species:
- Salvia meadow is a widespread species throughout Europe. The plant can be found on glades, meadows, river banks. This species is used in cooking and medicine. Among the properties worth noting is disinfecting, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, healing.
- Salvia decorative - includes several varieties that are used for the preparation of medicines, as well as decorating gardens and yards.
- Mulled salvia is another type of salvia, which is widespread in Europe. The plant description should include its astringent, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory property.
- Muscat or Crimean sage is one of the largest plants of this family. In height, the half-shrub can reach more than one meter. The composition of leaves and stems includes many vitamins, minerals and trace elements. The sort of muscatine sage is also attributed to the Ascension
- Salvia white - another name is Californian. The plant has white leaves with a grayish tinge. The properties include disinfectant, tonic.
Also significant benefit for the body is sage oak wood. Recipes based on plants help to remove inflammation, pain. This species is a part of many pharmacy fees.
Important! Each of the salvia species has its own benefits and beneficial properties for the body. However, the most valuable is the steppe sage( medicinal).
Useful properties of the plant are due to its extremely rich biochemical composition. A huge amount of vitamins and minerals make salvia an indispensable tool in the treatment of many ailments. The composition includes the following components:
- flavonoids, alkaloids;
- large amount of tannins;
- fatty acids, essential oils;
- vitamins A, E, K;
- microelements - magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, selenium.
The most valuable substances are sage seeds. This medicinal material is used for cooking decoctions, infusions, teas.
Therapeutic properties of
What are the main medicinal properties and contraindications to salvia? Herb sage is used to treat the following diseases:
- Diseases associated with the development of inflammation in the nasopharynx - tonsillitis, stomatitis, tonsillitis, flux, sinusitis, sinusitis.
- Colds, severe cough, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system - cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, adnexitis.
- Various skin lesions - bedsores, burns, frostbite, long healing wounds, boils, purulent eruptions.
- Sage garden is widely used for the therapy of gastrointestinal pathologies. Beneficial effect of the plant has with ulcers, gastritis, spasms, colic, flatulence.
- A good effect on the basis of salvia is on the female body during menopause.
In addition, with the help of sage, the initial stage of a disease such as diabetes mellitus is treated.
Important! The plant has an excellent soothing effect, reduces nervous tension, normalizes sleep, leads the patient's psychosomatic state back to normal.
Contraindications include the presence of such ailments, as renal and hepatic insufficiency, epilepsy, allergy to the components of sage. Also, with caution, it is recommended to take medicines based on this plant to pregnant women and children.
Collection of medicinal raw materials
For use in medical purposes, various fees based on a green doctor can be purchased at a pharmacy. You can also assemble the product yourself. Many housewives grow salvia at home. Planting and caring does not take much time and trouble. In addition, the plant can be harvested in the wild on fields, meadows and in the forest. Leaves and flowers are cut with a knife or sickle, without pulling the root out of the ground.
Sewing the collected material is recommended in well-ventilated areas, avoiding direct sunlight on the grass. Some mistresses collect leaves and stems into small bundles and hang them in sheds, in attics for drying. Dried sage is removed in bags of cotton fabric or glass jars. Shelf life is 24 months.
Describe even a small part of the medication based on this plant is very difficult. The use of grass is very diverse. Consider several popular tools that help with certain ailments:
For liver and kidney diseases it is recommended to drink a decoction of salvia. To do this, a tablespoon of a dry plant is filled with a glass of boiling water and pressed on low heat for 5-7 minutes. After the drink is infused for an hour, take the medicine 10 ml three times daily before meals.
For colds, bronchitis, and also for throat rinses, experts advise preparing an alcohol tincture. For its preparation, the glass container is filled with leaves and stems of sage by 2/3, then filled to the top with alcohol. Infuse the drug for 14 days in a cool room, protected from direct sunlight. With a cold, 2-3 drops of the drug are drunk three times a day. To rinse a glass of warm water, add 10 drops of the medicine.
A warm bath with the addition of a steep decoction of herbs will heal many skin diseases. To do this, 2 tablespoons salvia pour a liter of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes. After the product has cooled, it is filtered and poured into the bathroom.
Important! In addition to medical purposes, the plant is widely used in cooking. Add spice of sage in mushroom, chicken, vegetable soup. Also, the spice is perfectly combined with fish, meat, vegetables and many other food products.
Competent use of the gifts of nature gives at times the most unexpected results in the treatment of various ailments. The correct application of sage will give you cheerfulness and health for many years.