Very often, the stomach ulcer is of bacterial origin. The reason for this is the harmful bacterium Helikobakter Pilori. It is resistant to the influence of gastric juice, so it develops unimpeded in the cavity of the digestive organ. To get rid of pathological education in the stomach, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of its manifestation - the Helicobacter bacterium. Antibiotics are used for this. With the ulcer, such drugs are used in conjunction with proton pump inhibitors, H2-histamine receptor blockers and antacids.
Which antibiotics for gastric ulcer are prescribed most often? As shown by the data of numerous studies, the following antibacterial agents provide a positive result:
- Amoxicillin .Its action is based on blocking the development of bacterial infections( including Helicobacter).Refers to the pharmacological group of fast-acting penicillins. Validity period is 8 hours. With a stomach ulcer, the antibiotic is taken mostly on an empty stomach. It is allowed to eat during meals to people who are threatened by irritation of the gastric mucosa or the appearance of diarrhea. Oppressing the effect of some oral medications. Contraindications to the use of the medicine are allergic diathesis, liver problems, hypersensitivity, bronchial asthma. The daily dose for an adult is 0.25-0.5 g, and for complicated forms - up to 1 gram.
- Clarithromycin .This is one of the most resistant drugs to gastric hydrochloric acid. Therefore, it is often prescribed in the treatment of ulcers with antibiotics. Refers to the group of macrolides. Incompatible with many medications( unauthorized use of the drug can lead to serious complications).To avoid unpleasant consequences, you must strictly adhere to the course of treatment, which was prescribed by the gastroenterologist. Clarithromycin excels in biological fluids and body tissues. In the blood plasma penetrates weaker, so its concentration in the blood is 10 times smaller. The daily dose is 250-1000 mg.for an adult.
- Metronidazole .Refers to a group of antiprotozoal and antimicrobial agents of a broad spectrum of action. It is a synthetic antibiotic, which, with stomach ulcer, is used as a blocker of tissue respiration of bacteria, as a result of which protein synthesis in their cells is disrupted( losing functionality to development, the bacterium is destroyed).The daily dosage is prescribed individually, within 1 g. Take 2 tablets three times a day, regardless of food intake. The course of treatment is about 14 days.
- Teratycline .Refers to the group of tetracycline drugs. It has the appearance of yellowish tablets, bitter in taste. Because of its instability to strong acids, this antibiotic for peptic ulcer is very rarely used. Works well in weakly acid microflora.
To achieve maximum effectiveness, it is recommended to use two antibiotics for complex treatment. They contribute to the inhibition of growth and the destruction of harmful bacteria. Antacids have regenerative properties( they treat not the disease itself, but the manifestation of its symptoms).Proton pump inhibitors, part of the complex treatment, contribute to a decrease in the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Thus, several regimens for the treatment of gastric ulcers with antibiotics have been created:
- Therapy of the first line ( Scheme No. 1).Antibiotics Clarithromycin( 0.5 mg, 2 times / day) and Amoxicillin( 1 g 2 times / day), dosage and type of PPI( Omeprazole, Omez, Nolpasa) are prescribed individually by the treating doctor. The course of the primary scheme is designed for two weeks. After that additional diagnosis is done and, if scheme No. 1 did not help, another treatment is immediately prescribed.
- Therapy of the second line ( Scheme No. 2).Antibiotics Metronidazole( 0.5 g. 3 times / day) and Tetracycline( 0.5 g. 4 times / day).In addition to PPI, H2-histamine receptor blockers( Ranitidine, Famotidine, Kwamatel) and antacids( Maalox, Fosfalugel, Almagel) are often prescribed. The course of treatment is about 10 days. With insufficient effectiveness, the doctor can prescribe one of the modern ways of treating antibiotic ulcers of the stomach - a combination therapy.
- Combined therapy ( mixed scheme, consisting of # 1 and # 2).It involves the use in combination of drugs from both schemes with the addition of more effective means, at a strictly prescribed time. In some cases, according to the doctor's decision, treatment of gastric ulcer with antibiotics can be carried out immediately in this way.
Use antibiotics in combination with other medications alone, without a doctor's prescription, is life-threatening. Only a specialist can prescribe the right treatment, according to the diagnostic data and individual characteristics of the body.