Many people wonder why pancreas sometimes presses? The reasons for the painful sensations of just such a character can be quite a large number. These include:
- exacerbation of chronic inflammatory process in the pancreas( chronic pancreatitis);
- abuse of smoking and drinking alcohol;
- administration of drugs belonging to the group of tetracyclines;
- presence of bacterial and viral infections in the body;
- abuse of fat, salty and spicy food.
If you are constantly pressing on the upper abdomen, you should immediately seek qualified medical help. The specialist will conduct the diagnostics and will be able to determine exactly what is the cause of the pain syndrome.
What can you do when the pancreas presses? As you know, the body has the property of self-restoration. The main thing is not to create obstacles for him. To do this, try not to load it with copious methods of fatty, smoked, sharp and salty dishes.
Also normalize the work of the pancreas, if it presses, the reception of enzymes will help, which will allow it to produce, only hormones, without being loaded with the production of necessary enzymes.
In order for the recovery process to be as effective as possible and as soon as possible, it is recommended to fast for three days. It is allowed to drink mineral still water. These days, one should observe bed rest, not engage in manual labor and generally move less. After all, the pancreas, when the body is in a relatively quiet state, produces less insulin and, as a consequence, is restored more quickly.
Discomfort in the pancreas
The most common cause of discomfort in the pancreas is the development of the chronic form of pancreatitis. Discomfort in the upper abdomen may be accompanied by such manifestations as:
- weakness in the whole body;
- attacks of nausea;
- frequent eructations, heartburn;
- unpleasant sharp smell from the oral cavity;
- bloating, flatulence, diarrhea.
It is also worth noting that a person who experiences discomfort in the pancreas for a long time( several years) may not have the aforementioned concomitant symptoms.
Try to eliminate discomfort in the pancreas following the following recommendations:
- for a couple of days, maintain a sparing diet. Eliminate from the diet foods that have a negative effect on the function of the body. For example, smoked products, seasonings, food, full of fats, carbonated drinks, pickles, conservation;
- take medication, the action of which is aimed at reducing the production of pancreatic enzymes. Help the gland to recover, let it rest from work, at least in the part of producing enzymes;
- use only soft and ground foods. Also, make sure that the food is not too dry, hot or cold;
- eat at intervals of 3-4 hours. This will ensure the normalization of the work not only of the intestine, but of the whole digestive system of organs.