Dry seborrhea( not to be confused with mixed and fatty) is a separate kind of skin disease, which develops as a result of the weak activity of the sebaceous glands.
Features of the disease
Dry seborrhea is a separate kind of skin disease that develops as a result of the weak activity of the sebaceous glands.
With the development of this pathology, the production of sebum continues, only its consistency becomes more viscous. Because of the increased viscosity of the secretion, it is much more difficult to pass through the gland ducts.
The causes of dry seborrhea of the scalp will be described by a specialist in the video below:
Most often this kind of seborrhea appears in childhood, much less often it affects mature people. There is a dry form of seborrhea under the influence of various causes:
- age features;
- exposure to atmospheric factors;
- improper skin care.
One of the main causes of dry seborrhea is a decrease in immunity, which can be caused by intense stresses( physical, emotional), malnutrition.
- Malassezia Furfur;
- Pityrosporum Ovale.
These fungi are constantly present on the skin of a person. The secret of the sebaceous glands is necessary for them to provide vital activity. When the barrier function of the skin decreases due to unfavorable conditions, the fungi multiply. Normally, a healthy person on the scalp has about 30-50% of the above fungi. In the presence of dandruff, the patient shows about 75% of fungi, and in the most severe cases - about 90%.
In patients with dry seborrhea, there is a decrease in fat release. The most common symptom of the disease is small dandruff. It also has such signs of the disease:
- skin cracking;
- sensation of "tightness" of the skin;
- delamination of cracked epithelium;
- thinning hair;
- burning sensation;
- loss of natural shine hair;
- hair is dry, brittle, their tips are split;
- emotional disorders;
- hair loss( characterized by severe form).
Diagnosis of oily seborrhea consists in the following procedures:
- Collecting by the treating doctor of anamnesis.
- Detection of possible risk factors for the manifestation of the disease.
- Blood delivery for biochemical analysis.
- Delivery of blood to hormones.
- Study of the general condition of hair, dermis.
- ultrasound of the thyroid gland, organs of the peritoneum( in some cases).
If you suspect a dry form of seborrhea, you should consult these doctors:
Next, you will learn how to get rid of dry seborrhea on your head.
Treatment of dry seborrhea
To get rid of dry seborrhea it is necessary to carry out complex treatment, which consists of:
- local treatment;
- vitamin therapy;
- improved scalp care;
- application of antifungal shampoos for the treatment of dry seborrhea of the scalp.
Let's find out how to treat dry head seborrhea.
For the therapy of dry forms of seborrhoea, doctors use the following methods:
- Hormone therapy. It is used mainly in the development of severe forms of the disease.
- The use of drugs, the main effect of which is aimed at restoring the functioning of the autonomic nervous system.
- Use of vitamin D, E, A, B.
- Application of preparations of sulfur, zinc. Preparations with zinc are necessary for therapy of advanced forms of dry seborrhea.
- Increased immunity( treatment of all detected diseases in the body).
- Physiotherapy, which involves the passage of such procedures as: mesotherapy, massage, phytotherapy, cryotherapy, ultraviolet irradiation, ozone therapy. This method of treatment is necessary to improve blood microcirculation.
For ointments and other remedies for dry seborrhea on the head, read further in the article.
Treatment of dry form of seborrhea by medicinal means presupposes the acceptance of such groups of medicines:
- hormonal preparations;
- preparations based on sulfur;
- preparations based on zinc;
- antifungal drugs;
- antibacterial agents;
- anti-inflammatory drugs.
Especially effective in the treatment of dry seborrhea is sulfuric ointment( 10%).It is necessary to rub this product into the skin for eight days.
In the video below the doctor will talk about the medical treatment of dry and oily seborrhea:
As for the diet, the patient must strictly observe it. He needs more use of such products:
- oatmeal porridge;
Also should be limited to the use of:
- fatty foods;
- animal fats;
- salty foods;
- spicy dishes;
- canned food.
For treatment of folk remedies for dry seborrhea of the face and scalp, read below.
Folk methods of treatment
Folk methods of treatment are aimed at filling the lack of fat for the skin, hair. Most often, for this purpose, rubbing oils, creams with an oily base is used. This approach allows to compensate to a certain extent the lack of fat, and also significantly increases the duration of contact of medicinal preparations with the epithelium.
- It is necessary to rub medicinal products with light movements. Intensive rubbing leads to the fact that the hair breaks, pulled out. Soft, thorough movements should rub oils, cream for 15 minutes.
- The amount of oil for rubbing should be taken a little. The excess of this drug accelerates the contamination of the hair, disrupts the thermoregulation of the skin, hampers the process of sweating.
For therapeutic purposes, for dry seborrhea use oil extracts from such medicinal plants:
- marshmallows medicinal;
- burdock is large;
- three-color violet;
- flax seed;
- poplar black;Sea buckthorn
Also very effective are rubbing of such medicines:
- gruel, prepared from pounded kernels of hazelnut;
- oil infusion from the seeds of the drug althea;
- oil infusion, prepared from poplar black( kidney);
- of burdock oil;
- sea-buckthorn + olive oil;
- Vegetable oil + lemon juice.
You can wrap the scalp with a yellow-and-oil mixture. The head with dry seborrhea is recommended to be washed with herbal infusions from the husks of onions, coltsfoot, oregano. The main thing is that a patient with dry seborrhea should not have an allergic reaction to a certain medicinal plant.
Prevention of disease
The essence of prevention is the proper care of the skin, hair. If the skin is problematic, they need to be monitored, taken care of, followed by special cosmetics( for dry skin).
Also as a preventive agent it is desirable to take mineral complexes, multivitamins:
To avoid the development of dry seborrhea, you must follow simple rules:
- Avoid stressful situations.
- Spend more time outdoors.
- Wash your hair, taking into account the degree of contamination.
- Strengthen the body's immune system.
- Eat right.
The most unpleasant consequences of the development of dry form of seborrhea are premature hair loss, small dandruff.
Hair loss, death of hair bulbs provoke the onset of alopecia.
Therefore, do not forget to follow the recommendations of a doctor and follow a diet.
With timely detection of the disease, as well as its comprehensive treatment can overcome the disease in a short time with minimal costs. If dry seborrhea is started, such a dangerous complication as baldness can develop.
About folk remedies for combating seborrhea will tell the video below: