Seborrhea is a disease of the skin, hair. It manifests itself primarily in the violation of the function of the sebaceous glands. If the sebaceous glands produce more secretion of seborrhea is considered oily( mixed and dry are also known separately).A characteristic of oily seborrhea is a change in the composition of sebum and the discomfort caused by this change.
Features of the disease
Skin fat is a specific composition of fats, fatty acids, proteins, it is secreted by the sebaceous glands. This secret plays a significant role in the health of the epithelium. It performs the following functions:
- Prevents the drying of the epidermis.
- Provides emollient, moisturizing effects that are necessary to prevent peeling, cracking of the dermis.
- Has an antibacterial effect.
- Creates a thin protective layer over the epithelium.
Children have more sebaceous glands that are in an inactive state( they do not produce a secret).Their activation occurs during puberty.
Fat seborrhea of the scalp( photo)
Fat seborrhea has 2 forms: dense and liquid.
This form of the disease is characterized by a tightening of the scalp, it becomes less elastic than healthy. The patient's hair becomes coarse, becoming too rigid. The mouth of the sebaceous glands with a dense form of seborrhea becomes too wide, and the epidermis takes a grayish-brown color.
Patients develop oily, dense dandruff, which is formed from secretion of sebaceous glands, exfoliated skin cells. The resulting fatty mass clogs the excretory ducts, sticks to the hair.
If you squeeze the expanded mouth of the hair follicle, secretion from the duct of the sebaceous gland will be revealed, which has a thick, viscous consistency. In some cases, epidermal cysts( atheromas) may form, within which a paste-like liquid is placed.
Atheroma can become inflamed, start to get inflamed. The patient raises the temperature, there is swelling, marked hyperemia of the affected epithelium, pain begins. After opening, the cleansing of the atheroma remains a scar.
More often this form of oily seborrhea affects men of adolescence. Symptoms of the disease go to 25-28 years. This disease does not cause hair loss and can not be the cause of baldness. Yelena Malysheva in the video below:
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 5lBZWBGUY3E For reasons of the appearance of oily seborrhea and its treatment, Elena Malysheva will tell in the video below:
In a patient with a liquid form of the examinedillness appears unhealthy shine of the hair, they become greasy, have a moist appearance. Bonding of hair in strands starts after some time after washing( the same day).They are covered with a layer of oily dandruff, which has a yellowish tinge and easily scraped off.
Patients are concerned about severe itching of the dermis, in some cases hair can fall out violently. In the most severe cases, the hair is very thin, the patient can completely fly bald. On the epithelium of the head, whitish point formations sometimes appear( sebaceous cysts).
Causes of oily seborrhoea
Seborrhea most often appears in young people who achieve puberty. During this period, their hormonal background changes, the body is being reorganized. Secretion of the sebaceous glands is increasing. This disease in adolescents is called physiological. It ends after the end of puberty.
The most significant cause of seborrhea is hormonal disorders, or rather, a change in the ratio of hormones such as androgens, estrogens. An increase in the number of androgens provokes increased sebum formation.
- In women, the disease is manifested due to a violation of the amount of androgens( increase), progesterone( decrease).
- In men, the disease manifests itself due to the growth in the number of androgens, and the acceleration of their metabolism. These processes may be a consequence of heredity or the presence of a testicular tumor, which is considered an androgen-producing neoplasm.
Seborrhea can develop as a consequence of such diseases:
- lethargic encephalitis;
- Disease of Itenko-Cushing;
- Parkinson's disease.
Seborrhea can develop with such mental illnesses:
- manic-depressive psychosis;
- infectious psychosis.
Also provoke the development of seborrhea may be taking over a long period of such drugs:
- vitamin H;
The leading role in the development of the disease is given to yeast-like fungi( Pityrosporum ovale).Next, we will tell you about the symptoms that has oily seborrhea of the scalp and face.
- When a seborrhea is affected, the face acquires a greasy, damp appearance. On the attached paper, spots from sebum appear.
- On the back, chest, face, signs of seborrhea are also acne eruptions, black dots. The epithelium that surrounds these neoplasms differs in a gray, dirty gray shade.
- When the scalp becomes damaged, fatty dandruff appears, the hair becomes unhealthy and begins to drop rapidly. The skin becomes oily, it is covered by a viscous, thick cutaneous fat. The pores on the epithelium are enlarged.
Diagnosis of oily seborrhea consists in the following procedures:
- Anamnesis collection.
- Detection of possible risk factors for the manifestation of a disease.
- Blood test( biochemical).
- Blood for hormones.
- Study of the condition of the hair, dermis.
- ultrasound of the thyroid gland, organs of the peritoneum( in some cases).
If suspected of seborrhea, you should consult these doctors:
The video below will tell you how to treat fatty seborrhea of the scalp and face:
Treatment of the disease should begin after the doctor has examined it, choosing the appropriate method of therapy. Initially, the doctor must determine the cause of the occurrence.
For this, he conducts a comprehensive diagnosis, concomitant diseases are simultaneously detected. Therapy is aimed at eliminating the causes that triggered the development of seborrhea.
This method of fighting the disease involves the following methods:
- Vitaminotherapy( B, A, E, D).
- Restoration of immunity( treatment of all diseases that weaken the body).
- Physiotherapy( massage, cryotherapy, mesotherapy, UV irradiation, phytotherapy, ozone therapy, D'Arsonval.)
- The use of antimycotics
Skin lesions affected by seborrhea can be treated with such agents:
- boric acid;
- sulfur powder + ichthyol;
- soda solutions.
Important to know:
- For the treatment of the head in the oily form of seborrhea, 60% sodium thiosulfate is recommended. Also very effective are alcohol solution of naphthalan oil, sulsen paste, 2% solution of salicylic acid.
- It is also necessary to use hair washing agents.in the composition of which there are herbal extracts( tea tree oil, birch tar) necessary to combat dandruff.
- Feature in the treatment of seborrhea is nonspecific therapy, which is necessary to strengthen immunity.
- To strengthen the effect of the therapy, it is desirable to change your diet, reduce the intake of carbohydrates, hard fats, increase the intake of plant foods rich in fiber.
On the preparations and remedies for the treatment of oily seborrhea of the scalp and face, we will describe below.
By medicamentous method
In the treatment of oily seborrhea, such drugs are used:
- "Lithium succinate".
- "Sulen disulfide".
You should also use shampoos from oily seborrhea:
- "Nizoral"( the active ingredient is ketoconazole).
- "Perhotal"( the active ingredient is ketoconazole).
- "Mycosorrhal"( the active ingredient is ketoconazole).
- "Zincon"( the active substance is zinc pyrithione).
- "Friederm Zinc"( the active substance is zinc pyrithione).
- "Sebiprox"( the active substance is cyclopyrox).
- "Sulsen"( active ingredient - selenium sulphide)
- "Sebuton"( active ingredient - medical tar)
- "Friederm tar"( active substance - medical tar)
For treatment of oily seborrhea of scalp and face with folk remedies read
In the people for the treatment of oily seborrhea they perform rubbing by infusions of such plants:
- chamomile( inflorescences);
- birch( fresh leaves);
- horsetail( grass);
- nettle( leaves);
Disease is easier to prevent. To reduce the risk of seborrhoea, you need proper care for the hair, scalp skin
Wash your hair 2-3 times a week( not more often) It is recommended to use medical shampoos, and for the rinsing use herbal decoctions
The thick form of oily seborrhea can cause some serious complications.
- If you do not start treating the disease in time, you may experience furunculosis, various abscesses that cause pathogens.
- If you do not start adequate therapy for the appearance of liquid seborrhea on the scalp, the patient may experience various abscesses of epithelium, abscesses that undermine the furuncles of the neck, furuncles, and damage to the hair follicles. These diseases sometimes lead to complete loss of hair.
- Also in oily seborrhea there is a blockage of the excretory canals of the sebaceous glands. This causes the appearance of acne( acne).The suppurative inflammatory process begins inside the gland.
With timely treatment of fatty seborrhea can be cured in a short time and with minimal financial costs. If the disease is started, triggered the development of complications, the treatment will be delayed for a long time. It will be necessary to cure all the concomitant diseases.
Even more about the means for treating oily seborrhea the doctor will explain in the video below: